Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1211

Thread: NFL Thread

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Huge risk, why do you think we passed over him for Steve Smith, who's 35 years old, and resigned Jacoby Jones? We still have the money to sign him even now but didn't touch him with a 10 foot pole, as far as I know.
    Because you signed Steve Smith weeks before he was released

Steve Smith signed with the Ravens on March 14. DeSean was released on March 28, four days ago. He wasn't available when Steve Smith was signed. DeSean isn't that big a risk. He's always been a diva and knucklehead, since high school, but he also has always been productive. He was considered a character risk before he was drafted, that's why he slipped to the second round. Kenny Britt is a risk. Nine arrests and declining production. DeSean doesn't seem like he'd be the nicest guy in the locker room, but he's probably not that risky a signing.

Quote Quote:
    Do they even need WR help that badly? Garcon, Hankerson, Moss doesn't sound bad to me. I don't think they were their problem last year. It says a lot that the team that drafted him doesn't want to keep him. Especially after only one year into Chip Kelly's tenure.
    They do. We need a vertical threat. Garcon is a viable number one receiver, but is better at short and intermediate routes, with lots of YAC. He's not the type of receiver you send on a 30 yeard go route. Moss is getting old, he's lost most of his speed. He may be cut before camp. Hank is horribly inconsistent, and isn't a deep threat anyway. He's a possession receiver with questionable hands. They signed Andre Roberts early in free agency, but he can play out of the slot. Garcon, Jackson, and Roberts would compliment each other well.

I'm not sure what to think about The Eagles cutting him. It is partially a cap move, the guaranteed part of his contract has been paid. I'm willing to believe this is more office politics, Kelley purging someone who isn't "his guy". DeSean is a diva. The Eagles have done this before. They gave up on Chris Carter early in his career. Carter was not as productive at that point in his career as DeSean has been at this point in his.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know, but I felt like there were rumblings about DeSean being a "cap casualty" long before it actually happened. Or am I mistaken? When someone is in the doghouse or isn't one of the new HC's "guys" it usually gets out and you hear about it. It happened here with Harbaugh and Chris McCalister, it happened with Bernard Pollard when he started running his mouth. Different situations, but yeah. This definitely seems beyond a simple cap problem, it isn't like Jackson doesn't put in work, last year was his best year ever.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The deal is done, so I guess now we hope for the best. He's been productive enough that they reward should outweigh the risk. It is not like he is one of those players constantly getting into off the field trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Yeah I know, but I felt like there were rumblings about DeSean being a "cap casualty" long before it actually happened. Or am I mistaken? When someone is in the doghouse or isn't one of the new HC's "guys" it usually gets out and you hear about it. It happened here with Harbaugh and Chris McCalister, it happened with Bernard Pollard when he started running his mouth. Different situations, but yeah. This definitely seems beyond a simple cap problem, it isn't like Jackson doesn't put in work, last year was his best year ever.
    There had been trade talk for a couple of weeks. At the time of the Smith signing the Ravens would have had to give up a pick. It was a bit of surprise that they cut him so late in free agency. They were never going to get a high pick, but it's too early for a real market to develop. A new coach moving on from a veteran because of personality issues is not unusual. Cutting a player this young and productive in late March, without letting a trade market develop, is a little strange. It reminds me a little bit of when Denver traded Clinton Portis. Portis had back to back 1600 yard seasons, but Shanny always felt like back's were interchangeable. He could get good production out of anybody. When Portis held out for more money, Shanny put him on the market. Kelley has a reputation for thinking the same way about receivers. At Oregon he always felt like he could plug anyone in his system and get reasonable production. He also seemed to like bigger receivers. I don't know if that is true, but it has been a talking point on ESPN. The difference is that Shanny got a future hall of fame corner in exchange for Portis, Kelley got nothing.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of Sammy Watkins, not of the Bills trading up to get him. I don't like burning two number one picks on a WR, especially not in this draft. Too many good wide outs this year.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Dallas needs to draft Johnny Football. It would be the most Jerry Jones draft pick ever. This needs to happen. ESPN would explode.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

The Rams drafted Aaron Donald. This could happen

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Jerry, no. Johnny Football was available and you took a guard?! Horrible.

---------- Post added May 09, 2014 at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was May 08, 2014 at 09:55 PM ----------

If I could summarize this draft with one pic:

Spoiler show

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...gs-will-happen

How much of a turd is Tony Dungy? I lost a lot of respect for him with comments like these, especially given the examples stated in the article. Flawless reasoning Tony, jesus christ...

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much a no brainer that the suspension isn't appropriate at all. Roger Goodell can't even worm his way out of that argument.

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

SEASON STARTS!!!! HELL YEAH LEH GO

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve Smith...such contract...very drops...amaze....much clutch....w0w

---------- Post added September 08, 2014 at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was September 07, 2014 at 03:06 PM ----------

About this Ray Rice situation...

Multiple reporters said the NFL/Ravens had seen unreleased footage from inside of the elevator. Even if you hadn't seen the footage, what exactly did people think happened? That he farted on her?

The Ravens even tried victim-blaming to spin this in their favor http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...blaming-tweet/

People need to be fired. Not only in the league office, but people who work for the Ravens as well. I wouldn't mind see Goodell ousted as well.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Gary, I don't know. I mean, when we saw him dragging her out, what exactly did people think? The fact that he only got the two game suspension in the first place is a travesty.

Goodell should be fired, you're right. There's no way that the NFL/Ravens hadn't seen the truth of the matter, but even if they hadn't, come on, he clearly knocked her out.

I'd like to see a wholesale firing of NFL officials and some of the Ravens officials. I don't think Harbaugh needs to go, but the President and GM probably need to go.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Yeah, Gary, I don't know. I mean, when we saw him dragging her out, what exactly did people think? The fact that he only got the two game suspension in the first place is a travesty.

Goodell should be fired, you're right. There's no way that the NFL/Ravens hadn't seen the truth of the matter, but even if they hadn't, come on, he clearly knocked her out.

I'd like to see a wholesale firing of NFL officials and some of the Ravens officials. I don't think Harbaugh needs to go, but the President and GM probably need to go.
    I'm not going to blame the entire Ravens organization. It's clear that there was a concerted effort to shift blame equally via the victim-blaming tweet, so some people at The Castle might have been stupid and naive to believe what Rice was saying and only care about what he does on the field. I'm thinking about Harbaugh, coaches, teammates. But people in charge of the PR department, like Kevin Byrne, deserves to lose his job. This is a fucking joke.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodell is the guy that needs to be fired. If he didn't see that tape before handing out punishment he's incompetent. If he did then he's even worse. I mean, now I hear when he interviewed Ray Rice's wife about the incident Ray Rice was allowed to be in the room. WTF!!! That's just insane. Especially if he had seen that video before the meeting, which he should have.

Obviously anybody who saw that tape and was still trying to smooth things over for Ray Rice needs to go. Ravens, NFL front office, and whatever DA handled his case. I sorta doubt Harbaugh or most of the core football people knew much since it isn't something they would have needed to. But whoever their legal guy is would have had to have seen that tape along with the front office people who assess player penalties for the Ravens organization, just like Goodell.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 08, 2014 at 08:00 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like