Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Oh, yeah, I also trust John Clayton.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Okay, then you were just being a smartass then

Schefter is one of the people who mentioned such a timetable actually. Another person was on NFL Network.
    I also edited in another thing to my previous post just as you were posting yours, so you can check that out as well. :P

I must have missed Schefter saying that then.

I'm not a huge fan of the NFL Network guys though.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    The real plus for you guys is that you won a potentially huge game and successfully navigated the terrible refereeing in what is probably your biggest regular season home game of the year, even bigger than the game against the Steelers. Now, the Patriots aren't your rival like the Steelers are, but for home field advantage it was a more important game, plus with the Steelers struggling this season, you get my drift
    Maybe, but I still can't buy into that fully. A home game against your archnemesis is always more important.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Yes another was John Clayton I think. I don't care for many on NFL Network as well. I find the reporting to be sort of biased for obvious reasons.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps I just missed all of this speculation about the regular refs needing time to get ready, because I had never heard of it. These days, I've only been watching ESPN in the early morning and later at night, so if it was something during the day at some point, that may be why I missed it.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did the ref's really get a standing O tonight? The fuck happened to this world.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Did the ref's really get a standing O tonight? The fuck happened to this world.
    Replacement Refs happened.

It was so good to watch a football game that was actually in control. All that talk of the real refs being bad when they come back was apparently just nonsense because they were in perfect form. I bet they will get an even warmer reception at the next Packer home game.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I must have missed Schefter saying that then.

I'm not a huge fan of the NFL Network guys though.
    I liked Jason La Canfora, but he left for CBS. I also like Rich Eisen. Somebody needs to steal Mike Maycock, best color man in football. Otherwise not an NFL Network fan either.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I liked Jason La Canfora, but he left for CBS. I also like Rich Eisen. Somebody needs to steal Mike Maycock, best color man in football. Otherwise not an NFL Network fan either.
    Rich Eisen is too smug for my tastes...but he's the least of the problem. Marshall Faulk is okay, but Mariucci is unwatchable for me. Irvin is a jackass and Deion is Prime...so a clown. None of them are worse than Warren Sapp though....jesus christ

I think Mayock is better in his role during the draft. He's not bad as a color analyst for games, but not among my favorites.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Forum players and coaches usually annoy me, irregardless of what station they are on. Eric Mangini is one of the few I actually find illuminating. After watching him I actually feel like I learned something. Gruden is also good, of course, but in a very different role. He, Maycock, and Daryl Johnston are the three color analysts I really like. Collinsworth is decent, but nothing special.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Gruden is alright, but he usually has nothing negative to say. But he's entertaining to listen to. I find it interesting that Jaworski is no longer a part of the Monday Night Football crew. I like his enthusiasm and he usually says the right thing, but sometimes his way of speaking just grates my nerves.

Mayock is good, Darryl Johnston is indeed good. Collinsworth is good...I also like Aikman in that role. There's not many I completely dislike, but Phill Simms annoys the hell out of me and Jim Nantz is just so out of place doing Football play-by-play. Every week I feel like he'd rather be at Augusta doing the Masters.

I think Al Michaels is still the best play-by-play guy.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When he dies, Aikman's epitaph will read "That's Right, Joe". Terrible color man, as bland and uninteresting as humanly possible. He doesn't even explain the action that well. Gruden may not be objective about the players, but his commentary is always illuminating. After listening to him I feel as though I know more about football. I feel the same way about Moose Johnston. Janikowski was good, but maybe a little to similar to Gruden. The two of them sharing a booth could get annoying. His NFL Matchup show, with Sal Paolantonio and Merril Hoge, might be the best football show on TV.

No doubt Al Michaels is still the best play by play man.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how you could possibly "know more about football" after listening to Gruden . He's all enthusiasm and not much else. I think he's funny and entertaining, but there isn't much substance there.

I think you're overly harsh on Aikman, but I don't have to listen to him much so whatever. One who tends to annoy the hell out of me is Dan Dierdorf...man is he awful sometimes.

I don't tend to listen for people to teach me anything, I know the rules and players of the game well enough. I just don't want to find myself disagreeing or being annoyed with what they're saying more than anything.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was more than a little surprised that we came back and won that. After Gostkowski missing FGs and us therefore not even converting off of the Bills turnovers, it was looking bleak, but then the Bills completely dropped the ball and we scored 35 unanswered points.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad the patriots won even though they got off to a slow start, but picked it up big time eventually. However, I'm not really impressed with this win because they always beat the bills The Jets lost 34-0 wow I'm speechless I knew they were going to lose but not that badly. Expect a lot of "Tebow mania" throughout the week.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Will the saints go 0-4 it's still to early to tell, but it isn't looking good for them right now!
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; September 30, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    I'm glad the patriots won even though they got off to a slow start, but picked it up big time eventually. However, I'm not really impressed with this win because they always beat the bills The Jets lost 34-0 wow I'm speechless I knew they were going to lose but not that badly. Expect a lot of "Tebow mania" throughout the week.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Will the saints go 0-4 it's still to early to tell, but it isn't looking good for them right now!
    While that's usually true, the Patriots actually lost to the Bills for the first time in like nine years in last season's game at Buffalo after blowing a 21-0 lead and picking off Fitzpatrick left, right, and center when Brady lost his head and threw four picks, including at least one red zone INT, although I think only one INT was actually his fault.

Indeed, the more surprising thing was how the Jets couldn't even get on the scoreboard. I know the 49ers have a great defense, but getting shutout? Ouch...I had thought possibly good things were in score for the Jets this season after the 48-17 (I think?) win over the Bills.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

A decent comeback by the Packers, especially in a game I thought that they were going to lose at one point.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yeah the Saints could of won that game, but they didn't play smart at all 0-4 oh my goodness.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

New Reply
Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast