Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 38 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Yeah but your losing, so...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not at the time I posted that .-.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Go Refs Go. .-.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Football is just a painful subject for me right now.

My team lost to Titans and injured like 1/10th of the active roster doing it.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    Not at the time I posted that .-.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Go Refs Go. .-.
    Nice kick bro

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice buying the refs, bro.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

That's just flamebait. If you want to talk about anything specific about the game, go ahead. if not, you just look foolish. No offense.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary, that play where Morris Claiborne was injured on the Ravens TD and was somehow called for pass interference, even though the WR clearly committed offensive pass interference by shoving him to the ground and injuring him, was really questionable.

All in all, the Cowboys made a hash of some plays, such as Dez Bryant failing to catch the relatively easy two point conversion and at the end of regulation, they didn't even get a play off, instead wasting 15 seconds and then having to call a timeout, so Bailey had to kick a 51 yarder as opposed to what could've been a mid-40 yarder and much more makeable.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Smith put his hand on Claiborne's shoulder, but he did not fall because he was pushed, he fell because he was hurt. Check the replay again.

It's a ticky-tack call. Unless you're a Packer fan after that Monday night game, blaming the officials for a loss is garbage. No one loses the game because of a bad call. If you think otherwise, you don't know what you're talking about.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary, did you see me blame the refs for the Cowboys losing? No. The Ravens should be good enough that a lame team like the Cowboys should never be in a position to win the game with a FG.

All I said was that it was very clearly offensive pass interference. You disagree, but that doesn't make you right. You are a Ravens fan and you saw it through the eyes of a Ravens fan. Smith clearly pushes off and shoves Claiborne and then Claiborne falls and gets injured.

It was offensive pass interference.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

If refs are going to call pass interference for every little thing, you have to give defensive players calls now and then.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

There's also no way that that was defensive pass interference.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

What we can say about my Patriots is that we're not a very good team in the 4th quarter of games.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't talking to you Frosty, I was talking to kdowns, a Cowboys fan.

My recollection is there being contact, and Claiborne falling to the ground and Smith catching the ball. Claiborne was not shoved to the ground, Smith isn't strong enough to do such a thing. His arm was on his shoulder, probably there to keep separation, which is something you see on nearly every passing play of that kind. Similar to hand-checking/fighting you also see on even more plays. So if that's a penalty, then every other passing play there should be a flag thrown.

I never said it was defensive pass interference either, and it wouldn't have mattered whether it was called or not, because it was still a touchdown.

Say what you want, our rush defense the last two games has been atrocious. We still won both games, and with losing Webb for the year, and Ray Lewis for at least some time, I don't think that will help it get better. It's clearly not a lack of talent.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Patriots lost today. Well, the Seahawks played a good game win nice comeback at the end. Also, that smith catch looked like offensive pass interference there was a lot of contact on the play tough call for the refs. The Texans are getting absolutely crushed just an embarrassing performance.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

So we lost Lardarius Webb (torn ACL) and Ray Lewis (torn triceps) for the season after that game. Surprising or not, I'm not sure which loss will hurt us more on defense. We've dealt with Webb tearing his ACL before, thankfully this time it isn't the same knee, but our depth at DB was much less than what it is now. We have a lot of talent there. However, Webb is a Pro Bowl-level DB that can play Safety, Cornerback, and Nickelback at all very high levels. He's also a great blitzer from the edge and is one of the few who is actually a reliable tackler...this season at least. Our run defense has just been putrid, we're getting dominated up front and both the Chiefs and Cowboys just do what they want.

Lewis being out is scary. I'm not sure if he'll retire or not. The guy is a legend of the game, and the face of our franchise. When he was hurt last year, McClellan, Ellerbe, and McClain all filled in nicely for him. The difference is we were playing at a high level on defense then as a whole, and right now we're not.

It will be interesting to say the least, especially with having to go play a pretty good Houston team on Sunday. At least it looks like we'll get Suggs back in the next few games...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, on the plus side for the Ravens, it looks like Suggs may be back for this week.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Limited practice, yeah. But that's the type of injury you can't rush back from just because our situation. Suggs in mid-season form will be needed against Houston and I doubt we'd have that if he played.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Gary, Suggs will be back this week.

New Reply
Page 38 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast