Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 59 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Gary, nowhere have I said that Pollard's a dirty player. I just said that he's really hard hitting.

I did call Ngata a dirty player, however.

If you want to claim that I'm biased, how are you not biased? You want to believe that all of your players hit fairly and aren't dirty because you're a Ravens fan. It doesn't go only one way, Mr. Gary.
    Okay, so then what's the problem? You saying he tried to kill Gronkowski. You obviously have an axe to grind with him.

Yeah, many linemen are. OLer's are overlooked in that department as well. I wouldn't compare ANYONE to Suh, not even Wilfork

You're right, it doesn't just go one way in this instance. Unfortunately for you, you've lost this argument so it doesn't really matter does it?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Okay, so then what's the problem? You saying he tried to kill Gronkowski. You obviously have an axe to grind with him.

Yeah, many linemen are. OLer's are overlooked in that department as well. I wouldn't compare ANYONE to Suh, not even Wilfork

You're right, it doesn't just go one way in this instance. Unfortunately for you, you've lost this argument so it doesn't really matter does it?
    It was a joke about how in the end, at the part of the game that mattered, so the business end of the AFC Championship, you didn't even have to face Gronk. Nowhere did I say that I have a problem with Pollard. It's just the luck of the dice that he happens to have severely injured two of our players.

Wilfork definitely gets the hard hits in, but I don't think that he attempts to injure like Ngata does.

Just saying that you've won doesn't mean you've won. :rolleyes

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Patriots are going to spank them, hopefully. I'm not worried about Baltimore's defense because I know the Patriots offense will shit on them or pretty much any defense for that matter. The Ravens will need to score at least 30 to beat them. The thing that worries me the most is the Patriots defense inability to stop the opposing team from making big plays down the field on 3rd downs (I'm talking to you secondary). If the Ravens do win it'll be because of big plays. Hopefully, it wont come to that.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

I bet the TV ratings this year will be down from last year if the Patriots make it to the super bowl once again. All my friends hate it that they make it to the SB stage like every other year. I know for certain fans of other teams get tired of seeing them play.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Congrats to Tommy for breaking the record. I love you Brady no homo Keep winning
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; January 14, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a joke about how in the end, at the part of the game that mattered, so the business end of the AFC Championship, you didn't even have to face Gronk. Nowhere did I say that I have a problem with Pollard. It's just the luck of the dice that he happens to have severely injured two of our players.

Wilfork definitely gets the hard hits in, but I don't think that he attempts to injure like Ngata does.

Just saying that you've won doesn't mean you've won. :rolleyes
    If you were just talking smack, fine. It wasn't obvious to me though, and it seemed like you were trying to correlate Pollard and being dirty.

Are you kidding? Wilfork has had that kind of reputation for a long time now. He's not Suh or Haynesworth though. I think you see Ngata hitting out in open field because he isn't a Nose Tackle like Wilfork. He's a stay at home Tackle who disrupts the passing game. Ngata is more of a 3-technique DT playing in a 3-4. He isn't a classic interior Defensive Lineman, he's much more versatile when healthy.

All that being said, if you look at that tape and still think he was trying to hit his legs, then I don't know what to tell you. It's hard to stop a 325 pound body. He was just trying to put a lick on him. That's what happens when you take off running down the middle of the field as a QB, you become a runner and you're fair game. It just shook out that way.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Manti Te'o. WOW.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If you were just talking smack, fine. It wasn't obvious to me though, and it seemed like you were trying to correlate Pollard and being dirty.
    Ah, well, it's not always that clear to get feelings and emotions across on the internet.

Are you kidding? Wilfork has had that kind of reputation for a long time now. He's not Suh or Haynesworth though. I think you see Ngata hitting out in open field because he isn't a Nose Tackle like Wilfork. He's a stay at home Tackle who disrupts the passing game. Ngata is more of a 3-technique DT playing in a 3-4. He isn't a classic interior Defensive Lineman, he's much more versatile when healthy.
    I've never seen Wilfork as having that reputation, but you don't really see him putting hits in on the QB or something, mainly horsecollaring or roughing up the opposing OL. I'm not going to deny that Wilfork gets in some pretty hard hits at times, however, but not really dirty.

All that being said, if you look at that tape and still think he was trying to hit his legs, then I don't know what to tell you. It's hard to stop a 325 pound body. He was just trying to put a lick on him. That's what happens when you take off running down the middle of the field as a QB, you become a runner and you're fair game. It just shook out that way.
    I just think Ngata crosses the line at times. Of course, if Ngata doesn't injure RG3, we're not having this conversation. He certainly dived in aggressively. With the limited number of attempts that players get to put hits in on the QB now, any chance that they get, I think that they try to be more violent than at times in the past.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I just think Ngata crosses the line at times. Of course, if Ngata doesn't injure RG3, we're not having this conversation. He certainly dived in aggressively. With the limited number of attempts that players get to put hits in on the QB now, any chance that they get, I think that they try to be more violent than at times in the past.
    And when he does, he's penalized for it. But I'm not going to mention him in the same breath as Suh, sorry. Haloti at least appears to be sane, something I doubt about Suh.

Of course it's aggressive, this hit wasn't in the pocket. He was a runner, and he takes that risk when he runs. Something I'm sure he's well aware of now.

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I don't know what to make of this anymore...so fucking confusing

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

And when he does, he's penalized for it. But I'm not going to mention him in the same breath as Suh, sorry. Haloti at least appears to be sane, something I doubt about Suh.

Of course it's aggressive, this hit wasn't in the pocket. He was a runner, and he takes that risk when he runs. Something I'm sure he's well aware of now.
    No one's as dirty as Suh, and he's the dirtiest by a large margin. I mean, not even considering the stomp on that Packers OL guy, but just the obvious things like where when there's a flag at the line of scrimmage, he'll race across and attack the QB. There's a whole load of crap that Suh pulls.

Yeah, clearly RG3 learned a lesson that day.

I don't know what to make of this anymore...so fucking confusing
    Honestly, I don't care about Manti Te'o anyway. This whole story just makes Te'o and Notre Dame look even worse. When the story came out that his girlfriend died right after his grandmother, I was like, "Okay, it sucks, but it happened." End of story. Then, yesterday, I saw that people were calling him the heartwarming story of the season? I was like what? That's bs. I'm not trying to be cold, but it happens.

---------- Post added January 20, 2013 at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was January 17, 2013 at 04:05 PM ----------

Pollard got a hefty hit in on Ridley. The hit itself wasn't dirty, but it wasn't a fumble. He looked clearly down.

The pick was just awful luck, as that ball just stayed up in the air.

Really well played by the Ravens today. Anquan Boldin made some great catches.

We played poorly in the final 30 yards or so, not just the red zone, and we deserved to lose. We really missed Gronk. The Ravens got away with a few pass interferences, but everyone does at times, so that's even. When Talib got injured, our defense took a big hit. That play at the end of the first half where we didn't get an extra play in and settled for a FG was a big momentum switch.

I have no idea who will win the SB. My original pick was SF's defense beating NE's offense, but that was before the advent of Kaepernick and when the Ravens defense was in shambles.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Nice pick by Williams there. We racked up a lot of yards, but some costly drops really hurt us. That Hernandez one at the start of the second half and then one by Vereen. There was a bad drop in the first half as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Game was rigged.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys gave a good effort for a half. But you don't win games playing well for only 30 minutes usually, much less Conference Championships.

This one is sweet, but I'm not going to rub it in.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Pollard got a hefty hit in on Ridley. The hit itself wasn't dirty, but it wasn't a fumble. He looked clearly down.

The pick was just awful luck, as that ball just stayed up in the air.

Really well played by the Ravens today. Anquan Boldin made some great catches.

We played poorly in the final 30 yards or so, not just the red zone, and we deserved to lose. We really missed Gronk. The Ravens got away with a few pass interferences, but everyone does at times, so that's even. When Talib got injured, our defense took a big hit. That play at the end of the first half where we didn't get an extra play in and settled for a FG was a big momentum switch.

I have no idea who will win the SB. My original pick was SF's defense beating NE's offense, but that was before the advent of Kaepernick and when the Ravens defense was in shambles.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Nice pick by Williams there. We racked up a lot of yards, but some costly drops really hurt us. That Hernandez one at the start of the second half and then one by Vereen. There was a bad drop in the first half as well.
    I thought it was in real-time too, but they didn't show many different angles of it live. The ref probably got many more. He was out while he was still up, and the ball seemed to be coming out at that point. It's hard to maintain possession when you're unconscious.

Ellerbe was in the right place, but a tipping a ball at the line takes skill and McPhee did it twice tonight. So yeah, some luck in there being a tipped ball in the right place, but every team practices the tip drill.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys gave a good effort for a half. But you don't win games playing well for only 30 minutes usually, much less Conference Championships.

This one is sweet, but I'm not going to rub it in.
    Well, we actually didn't even play well for 30 minutes, it was just that we were ahead at the half.

lol

I thought it was in real-time too, but they didn't show many different angles of it live. The ref probably got many more. He was out while he was still up, and the ball seemed to be coming out at that point. It's hard to maintain possession when you're unconscious.
    Perhaps the refs did get many more angles, but the ones we saw in the replay looked like he'd already been knocked out, but he hit the ground, and was thus downed, and then the ball hit off his knee and slipped away. Maybe there was some extra angel the ref saw that we didn't get, but it didn't look like a fumble live, nor in the angles we saw. That one play definitely massively hurt us as it gave Flacco a short field TD, but we were already struggling anyway, and I didn't think we were winning at that point as it was.

Ellerbe was in the right place, but a tipping a ball at the line takes skill and McPhee did it twice tonight. So yeah, some luck in there being a tipped ball in the right place, but every team practices the tip drill.
    Yeah, he was. I was just more surprised that McPhee's tip flew like 20 yards. Most tips go five yards, 10 at most.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

My preseason pick was us losing to the 49ers in the SB, so honestly, I'm not that upset or aggrieved. It's actually better to lose here in the AFC Championship in a way than have to suffer through another SB loss.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Harbowl

The convergence of the Harbough brothers, SF going for Super Bowl six, Colin Kaepernick, the death of Art Model, Ray Lewis, and is Flacco "elite" or not may well turn this into one of the all time Super Bowl media circuses. Commence the dead horse beating.

Great games today. Not sure what was more impressive, SF's comeback or Baltimore's utter domination. I expected more than 13 points from the Patriots. Did not watch that game hoping to scout the punter.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

All of that means that I'm basically not turning ESPN until after the SB, Kaiten. I don't want to hear anything more about all of the above, Manti Te'o, or Lance Armstrong.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

They DROOOOVE the Harbaugh thing into the ground for half a week last season for the Thanksgiving night game. I expect to be sick of it before the Pro Bowl

Can't wait to see what Skip Bayless has to say tomorrow morning...lolz

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice for Ray Lewis to end his career with a second SB victory, although as San Fran was my preseason SB pick, I have to stick with them. I think that the Ravens may get some big hits in on Kaepernick, so who knows. I think it'll be a close game either way. The 49ers pass rush has some injuries and the secondary on both sides have given up big yards at times.

New Reply
Page 59 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast