Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Jesus, Brett Favre has been playing since the dawn of time it feels like You're right, Josh, I tihknk it's time for him to move out and give Rogers a chance at it.

I'm back :3

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

So, guys... I asked GK about this but i'm gonna ask again.
    What do you guys think of that 92 yards return touchdown?
    I think that guy's almost as fast as Eyeshield 21 and those players that was chasing him is like Agon failing to catch Sena.

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

;_______________________________________________________________________;

I hope he breaks his ankle. Devin Hester should get injured and not be able to play ;________; Damn him.

I'm back :3

Venom65437

This happened a few days ago, but I'm just now getting around to it. What are your thoughts? Here is the class in case you don't know.

Gene Hickerson, G (1958-1973, Cleveland Browns)
    Michael Irvin, WR (1988-1999, Dallas Cowboys)
    Bruce Matthews, G,T,C (1983-2001, Houston Oilers, Tennessee Oilers/Titans)
    Charlie Sanders, TE (1969-1977, Detroit Lions)
    Thurman Thomas, RB (1988-1999, Buffalo Bills, 2000, Miami Dolphins)
    Roger Wehrli, CB (1969-1982, St. Louis Cardinals)

First, I don't have a problem with all of these guys getting in, they all deserve it. That includes Michael Irvin.

BUT!! WHERE IN THE HELL IS ART MONK AND BOB KUTCHENBERG?? These two deserve it so much, especially Art Monk. How in the hell do they get left out every year??

I really feel bad for Art Monk. I mean, Cris Carter is up next year, and not too long after him is that Jerry Rice guy who I heard was pretty good.

I still think the HoF is really messed up, but congrats to the newest ones, they all deserve it.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really have a problem with these choices. I'm especially glad Matthews made it.

Venom65437

So just a little story... Pacman Jones has been suspended for the WHOLE '07 season. How do you like that Phil?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member miyi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the comissioner issued a stricter "conduct code", with heavier penalties for off field misbehavior. I think it's great for the league. I mean, it's unfortunate that these great players are getting suspended without pay for long periods of time, but from my understanding, pacman Jones has been in trouble with the law at least 10 times in the past year (or something like that). That is totally unacceptable. At the same time, I think the league should offer programs to help players dealing with off-field issues, sort of like a rehab, if they are to stay consistent with the "disciplining" aspect. Well, they probably already have these programs, so if they do, then that's great. These guys are getting paid so much money and the team has invested so much in them, the least they can do is abide by simple to follow rules/conduct.

Anyway, I hope that the players understand what is happening, and learn from this, instead of complaining. This is a discipline issue that is long overdue.

I mean, it's one thing to get in trouble for on-field issues, but it's a totally different matter when you violate the law and endanger the lives of other people. Las Vegas shootings? I mean, it's not like this is a "substance abuse" or a "gambling" problem, this involves "guns", it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by miyi; April 11, 2007 at 03:45 PM.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I'm not surprised. I mean, Pacman is just a tough case. It's probably for the best, even if it did happen to my team =/ But I would rather get rid of somebody making so much trouble rather than it spread to the rest of the team. I applauded the league when Albert Haynesworth was suspended, I'll have to do the same here. I just wish it wasn't happening to players on my team.

So, the NFL Draft is coming up. Anybody have any idea how it'll turn out? And who do you want your team to pick?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not as avid a football fan as I am with basketball, but I know a few things.

According to mock drafts, the top pick, at least between quarterbacks, are JaMarcus Russell (LSU) and Brady Quinn (Notre Dame).

And then I'm hearing rumors of Troy Smith possibly dropping as low as the third round, after his dismal performance in the BCS title game against the Gators. Which isn't a surprise, afterall I wasn't impressed with him to begin with, all season, an "overrated" QB in a very "overrated" team.

JaMarcus Russell I think is being so hyped up right now, a late bloomer so to speak, just because he played extremely well against Notre Dame in the BCS Bowl Game, beating Quinn (a game I didn't see, btw). I mean, how can you judge a guy after one stellar game, and now all I hear is Russell, everywhere.

It sucks for Quinn, because I think his stock dropped after that loss to LSU. In my opinion he is the best choice at QB in this draft. He has been consistently awesome as a 4 year starter at ND, and I thought he was almost as good as Leinart when they played head-to-head with each other. I don't know, he reminds me a lot like Tom Brady. Hopefully Quinn beats Russell for the top pick.

I don't really pay much attention to other positions aside from QBs and Wide Receivers or Running backs, so I'll stick to what I know.

Other round 1 picks mentioned in Mock Drafts at the moment are:

Adrian Peterson, RB (Oklahoma)
    Marshawn Lynch, RB (Cal)

I was afraid Peterson wasn't even going to make top 10 because of his prone to injury, but according to mock drafts, he's currently a possible top 5-ish.

This guy has potential to be as great as Reggie Bush, if it wasn't for his injuries. He's so strong and talented, he reminds me of Marshall Faulk. So I'm glad some teams are willing to risk it on this guy, even though his health is questionable. But how can you pass up this guy? A second runner-up Heisman candidate in just his Freshman year at Oklahoma! Imagine how good he would have been if he was healthy, he could have easily been a Heisman at least once!

Marshawn Lynch is pretty good too, I've followed him ever since he was at Cal. He's somewhat under the radar throughout his collegiate career (probably because the Pac-10 don't get any love), but he has always been among the premier running backs in at least 3 solid seasons. He rushed for over 1000 yards in 2 consecutive seasons, with 17 100-yard games.

The biggest surprise for me is Dwayne Jarret (WR, USC). According to the mock draft, he is in the 2nd round, early 30-ish. I don't understand why he is placed so low. It could be that most teams aren't looking for wide receivers right now, but even so, I can't believe he's not being so sought after. He is probably the most dominant wide receiver I've seen in College Football in the Matt Leinart era. I think of him as a future Terrel Owens, although not as cocky.

If Troy Smith is picked at all, possibly 3rd - 4th round, it might actually benefit him. Just to think of all the starting QB's in the NFL right now, most of them were late rounders.

Oh, although highly unlikely that he'll even get drafted at all, I like Jared Zabransky (QB, Boise State). For some odd reason he reminds me of Kurt Warner (meh, I don't really know much about him to be honest to be making comparisons, except after watching him in that spectacular game against Oklahoma). But this kid can play, and has incredible confidence about him. So hopefully he gets picked up.
    Last edited by miyi; April 26, 2007 at 05:13 AM.

Venom65437

I really hope we don't get Quinn... seriously!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The most interesting position to me in this year's Draft is the wide receiver corps. I can see them contributing a lot more to the 2007 NFL season than anybody else. I was hoping that the Titans will get a good WR (we need one) but now we also need a CB to make up for Pacman, so I guess whatever route they go, I won't argue. The only position we don't need right now is QB.

I think that Oakland will likely get JaMarcus Russell. His arm is just too attractive for them.

Venom65437

It would be the smartest move Oakland has made in years. Of course the best move they could make is for Al Davis to get a clue and let someone else make some decisions.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jemarcus Russel = overrated.

ok, Randy Moss just got traded to New England Patriots.

Brady and Moss? what a deadly combination!

Venom65437

If Moss decides to play.

Let me just say as a Phins fan, I'm GLAD we didn't take Quinn. I never wanted him, and am glad he isn't on the team.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, may I ask why?

I mean, he was a pretty solid quarterback and had tons of experience under a former NFL coordinator Coach Weiss. Sometimes he's really poised under pressure (i.e. when he did a comeback win against UCLA), and he supposed to have beaten USC (the push Bush play) two seasons ago. Overall, compared to Russel, he's been the better guy, although Russel obviously outplayed him in that bowl game, but that was just one game!

Is it some personality issues, maybe?

oh, so you are a Dolphins fan. I honestly am not a hardcore fan of any NFL team at the moment as with other sports, except I like Indianapolis and New England, almost equally.
    Last edited by miyi; May 01, 2007 at 12:08 PM.

New Reply
Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast