Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

I watched both playoff games. The Colts surprised the hell out of me, it looks like the defense was just fed up with hearing all week that they couldn't stop Larry Johnson from running for 350 and decided to do something about it. Only 32 yards!!! Chiefs didn't even have a first down the WHOLE first half!!! The Colts D and running game actually won a playoff game for Peyton, for once. That was awesome.

Now if that continues, you know Peyton won't have two bad games in a row. The Ravens better watch out next week, that's not going to be a gimme win for them anymore. And they don't have Ty Law on their team either... which is even worse news. (Too bad the Colts can't sign Law up for wide receiver since he seems to know where Peyton's throwing the ball all the time!)

The Cowboys-Eagles game started out as a sort of snoozer, but I had a feeling the second half would open up things more, and it took a while but it did have a crazy ending. But I have serious reservations about the Seahawks' chances to advance any further in the playoffs, just as I would have for the Cowboys, too. Still, ouch that all Tony Romo had to do was hold the ball properly for the winning field goal kick and he bobbled it. The snap was great. I don't blame him for feeling miserable afterwards.

Looking forward to the Pats-Jets and Eagles-Giants games tomorrow.[br]Posted on: January 07, 2007, 02:51:18 AM_________________________________________________* * *

Well by Golly the Colts beat the Ravens! With defense again! As big as a underdog as they were, that was nice to see. And Peyton will have two extra days to prepare for the next game, so that's good for him.

Of course now it's down to the real tough game, the AFC Championship game. I don't think either Chargers or the Patriots will be a piece of cake. We'll see what happens I guess.

Eagles-Saints next. Be interesting.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted the ravens to play but the ravens (along with the colts) made far too many mistakes and just couldnt put anything together at all. The colts are gonna get stopped next week though. The chargers and the patriots are both superior teams, imo. (even if i was rooting for the jets last week against the pats)

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Colts, when they're hot, both offensively and defensively, they can play with anybody. But that's the thing: they haven't been hot lately, especially offensively, and they weren't hot at all defensively over the regular season. If they're bad on both sides, then even Houston can beat them, as we found out late in the season.

But if Peyton and his boys are hot, then I think they do have a chance against either the Chargers or Patriots, but especially against the Patriots, since that game would be back at home in the RCA Dome and the Colts have actually won two of the last two games against them. But the Chargers on the other hand, is way over on the other side of the country, in a highly hostile environment and they're an unfamiliar opponent. Though, on the positive side, Chargers D have never gone against Peyton so he could possibly be able to take advantage of their aggressiveness. On the minus side, there's always LT to deal with, and he's the most devastating thing to hit any defense this year.

I'll be interested in the Pats-Chargers game tomorrow though to see if they beat each other up. That's going to be a brutal battle for both teams, I really believe that.

And congratulations to the Saints this year. Can't believe they bounced back so fast from the whole Katrina crisis and had the best season in their history - and they're still not done yet. I think they're the best team in the NFC right now (yes, even better than the Bears.)

Venom65437

Gotta agree with GK about the Saints, I believe they'll be playing in the Super Bowl. They looked good again last night. Especially at the end when they didn't let Philly get the ball back.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I was right about that game... it really was brutal for both Pats and Chargers.

Tom Brady... well, I hate to say it, but he proved that he was one hell of a tough guy in this game. He got hit I don't know how many times and he STILL managed to pull the Patriots back from a 21-13 deficit in the last five minutes to tie it and then win it on a field goal. If he gets voted into the Hall of Fame I won't argue at all. Greatest clutch quarterback ever, I think. Of course they got a lucky break with the fumble that Brown forced, but doggone it, you just can't count the Pats out of any playoff game. Not even against the amazing Chargers, who are now sitting at home for the remainder of the playoffs. Chargers, I know how it feels being beaten by the Pats.

Well, anyway, it's time for Peyton to do or die next week. This time he's getting the Pats at the home, he's got a clearly superior team, his defense is playing inspired ball, and he's got a winning streak going against his nemesis. If he loses to the Patriots next week, he'll have to be ashamed of himself forever.

Also, Bears isn't going to win against Saints. You heard it first here. And I'm perfect so far in my picks this offseason so far, I've gone 8 for 8, heh.

Venom65437

Peyton Manning in a big game? Uh-oh... I hope Indy wins so we don't have to hear how great "Jesus Brady" is for two weeks...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Venom65437
    Peyton Manning in a big game? Uh-oh... I hope Indy wins so we don't have to hear how great "Jesus Brady" is for two weeks...
    QFT

I wanted the pats to go down so hard, but of course they didnt.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MBy2pA-j9Zc

I guess even LT loses his cool. Personally I don't think there is any reason for acting that way at the end of a game but apparantly he thinks he was justified.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

LT said in the conference afterwards that he was insulted that the Patriots mocked his team by doing a version of Shawne Merriman's "Lights Out" dance in celebration. He was still pretty classy in that he said "the best team won that day."

Sometimes even classy guys get mad, y'know. Though I agree that it wasn't his finest moment.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

LT was right. What the Patriots did was disrespectful and showed poor sportsmanship. I have heard everybody talk about how he is a sore loser, but what was the point of showing up the Chargers after they were defeated? I have to disagree with what LT said about Belichick in this instance. While Bill hasn't always been regarded as a classy guy for multiple reasons, I don't think Belichick told his team to act the way they did. You would expect a team like the Patriots to "act like they've been there before", especially since they have.

Regarding the Ravens' loss. It was a good defensive game and I have pretty much accepted that the Colts beat us, but the refs really screwed us on ruling Reed out of bounds after he made his second interception. Reed was clearly in bounds when he threw that lateral to McAlister, watch the replay, Dan Dierdorf even said so. Who knows if that would have changed the outcome, but whatever. I don't have many regrets about the Raven's season though. We haven't been in the playoffs since 2003, and we won 13 games this season, so I guess I'm satisfied.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, the lateral by reed was clearly still in play, but then again, how do you rectify the situation? The ravens never seem to have enough offense to get the job done. It just always seems to come to that for some reason. Its true that defense wins games, it is very difficult to win on only defense.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a never a way to rectify the officials mistake after the fact, I was just saying that it was a screw-job. Ever since Billick fired Fassel in week 7 and started calling the plays himself we've had enough offense to win 9 out of the 10 games left in the regular season. For whatever reason Billick seemed to revert to Fassel's flat, crappy offense for the Colts game. I certainly couldn't find an answer. I think Jamal Lewis' days in purple and black are numbered, as I feel our most pressing need is a playmaker at Halfback. We have to force teams to consider not putting 8-9 guys in the box to stop Lewis. We need a guy that will get hit and keep going, much like Lewis used to be. LT's backup in San Diego, Michael Turner, will certainly garner interest from us and many other teams in Free Agency, but unfortunately he is a restricted free agent, so teams would most likely need to give up draft picks in order to sign him. Some are saying he is first round tender, which is ridiculous and we would never give up our first round pick for him. We will most likely need to look towards the draft for the player I think we need.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not exactly sure whether it's been the KC and Baltimore offenses that just sputtered or suffered from bad coaching or it was the Indianapolis defense coming out of nowhere to suddenly carry the team after an embarrassment of a season statistically.

I just wish one of these days the Colts would manage to have a healthy balance of both offense and defense going. I'm pretty doubtful anyone could stop them when that's the case. That's why I'm hopeful that will happen against the New England Patriots this weekend.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Im rootin for Payton to finally get over the hump and get to the big game. If he can, i think the colts can win it. No offense to the Bears and Saints, but both the AFC teams in the championship are probably better.

GO COLTS!

Venom65437

I agree that Indy is the best team still alive, that said, I think the Saints can beat anyone...

New Reply
Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast