Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The American Football Thread

Just curious, does everybody in the world hate the Seattle Seahawks. Sorry just feels like the only fans of the Seahawks are Washingtonians. Sure this season isn't spectacular but 7-4 (so far, they're playing right now) garuntees they're going to the Super Bowl.

Venom65437

So Seatlle will automatically beat Chicago? (After they kicked their ass earlier)

Or more important... Dallas?

Seattle is far from perfect, they are no where near a "lock" to play in the Super Bowl.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I meant playoffs, there is never any garuntee for Super Bowl.

Wow i sound like such a noob in my earlier post so let me change that mindset by discussing about their flaws. I don't believe Seattle can automatically defeat anybody. They're a very rythematic team and some days they just perform. Look at Alexander, he came back from his injury to run 200 yards at home last Monday but was stopped today. Last year I think they scored the most points in the first quarter then anybody else (not sure) this year they cant seem to do anything till the second half. Though for me that makes Seattle such an enjoyable team to watch.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rabb's Avatar
    CVN 73- USS George Washington, Yokosuka, Japan
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NFL week 12!

XD the pats won again this week. im a happy camper.
    I Am A United States Sailor.
    I Will Support And Defend The Constitution Of The United States Of America And I Will Obey The Orders Of Those Appointed Over Me.
    I Represent The Fighting Spirit Of The Navy, And Those Who Have Gone Before Me To Defend Freedom And Democracy Around The World.
    I Proudly Serve My Country's Navy Combat Team With Honor, Courage, And Commitment.
    I Am Committed To The Excellence And Fair Treatment Of All.

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How did my Colts lose? ;________; why? how? fehhhh ;_________________________________;

How very depressing ><

But my Falcons won =D From what I saw, it was a good game. Vick came out stronger in that game than (i beleive) he has all season. Unless Im forgeting games or something >.>

And as far as Seattle, I guess they're an okay team. They're a good team, but I don't see anything fantastic about them. I DO pick them quite often, though, for weekly picks quite often, but, blah, I don't really support them.

notalwaysright.com = story of my life.
    Personal Blog

Venom65437

Seattle is one of the better teams in a very weak NFC. They can be dangerous... but like a lot of teams this year, they're VERY up and down.[br]Posted on: December 05, 2006, 03:32:41 PM_________________________________________________What a game!!! We completely dominated the Patriots from beginning to end, and at no point in time did it ever feel like the Patsies would threaten us.

Offensively, we did well. All these people that hate Marty Booker just need to shut up. The guy makes plays every week, period. One thing I mentioned not long ago is that our WR's never make the tough catch that other teams make. Well Marty's catch on our final scoring drive was one of those tough catches. That was absolutely sick, and I have no idea how he came down with it. Credit to Joey too for a GREAT throw while under pressure. Sammie Morris played great as well. While it took that last run to make his stats really gaudy, he ran well enough to keep the Pats honest. Joey made no mistakes today, took what the defense gave him, and ran or threw the ball away when the situation called for it. Chris Chambers was again a non-factor, though Joey missed an easy TD to him in the first half. It's ridiculous that someone as talented as him doesn't get a good ball to catch until the second half.

Defensively, we were obviously lights out. Jason Taylor completely dominated AGAIN. This guy is the defensive player of the year. Let's be serious, no one makes more of an impact on defense this year. Bell did good making up his stupid "roughing" the passer call by getting the sack and strip. Matt Roth is taking someone's job next year, he has really come on. Zach Thomas had not one, but TWO "jacked up" hits, and Jason Allen destroyed Graham coming over the middle. There is not enough good things you can say about our D, they did and even better job than usual at making Brady look like crap. We pressured him all day, and got turnovers.

Even the special teams showed up to play! Olindo Mare made both of his FG's in adverse conditions. Not that this changes my mind about him, his fate his sealed, but he does get credit for today. Donnie Jones was as big a factor as any other player today, 3 punts inside the 5!!! And Wes Welker, while he didn't break any big returns, was amazing. Twice he spun out of tackles where he was dead to rights, and that punt return where he backed up, started again, dodged a defender going backwards and ran forward again? Crazy!

Overall, it was a great game! A few things offensively we could have done better, as we DID leave points out there, but I'm not complaining. The playoffs are probably out of reach, but we aren't giving up!

BRING ON BUFFALO!

I'll have some more later, I have quite a few thoughts on the Colts, Vince Young, Tampa, and more![br]Posted on: December 10, 2006, 04:22:06 PM_________________________________________________Ok, first things first. We all know the Colts aren't winning the Super Bowl this year. That defense is worse than any defense Miami had in the 90s. It is a complete joke. A high school team could probably run for 200 yards on them. It's a shame that a player as great as Peyton has to suffer through this. Next year the Colts need to change their defensive scheme... and I'm make all personnel moves on the defense, there is obviously not one player that can't be upgraded on a unit that bad.

Vince Young is easily the ROY, IMO. He is sooooo good, I wish he was on our team. He might not do everything the "right" way, but he has "it." Not many QB's have "it." But Vince does.

Is Houston the most retarded franchise in the league or what? They could of has either Young or Bush and took neither, these players have really changed the dynamic of their teams, and Houston really needs that. Jeez....

And Tampa... are they pathetic or what? They haven't scored a TD in 11 quarters, and even if some of the scores are close, the games aren't. They are easily one of the five worst teams in the NFL. John Gruden is so overrated it's not even funny. Gruden SHOULD be fired. He won a Super Bowl with Dungy's players and hasn't done anything since. Now he's in real trouble because he allowed his defense to get old and he had no young players to take their place.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving what Vince Young is doing for my Titans.

I don't know if he's a lock for Rookie of the Year yet, as there's a lot of good candidates this year, but I tell ya what, if he manages to lead Tennessee to at least a .500 record on the season (or better yet, 9-7, though that would be an amazing feat as they have to beat both Jacksonville and New England) I definitely think he deserves it. He's doing just as much for them as Peyton did earlier in the year for the Colts. The key difference is Vince has a lot less to work with than Peyton, not to mention he doesn't have the eight years of experience in the NFL that Peyton does.

As for Seattle, after their stunning loss to San Francisco last night, there's now a chance that SF may actually go to the playoffs instead (if they win the next games, anyway). If both teams end up at 8-8, SF wins the divison. Who could have seen that coming?

But sorry, manu, but whether it's Seattle or SF, I doubt the winner of the NFC West will last very long in the playoffs at all. There's a lot of tough playoff-caliber teams this year.

Venom65437

Not to mention Young has twice as many wins as Manning did his rookie year....

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Peyton had more than Troy Aikman in his rookie year, though, lol.

Venom65437

I had more wins myself than Troy my rookie year!

Venom65437

This was completely fucking pathetic.

Offensively, we were a total joke outside of the first quarter. We wouldn't throw a pass more than 3 yards down field, and when we did, Joey Harrington played liked Joey Dumbass. Even when we did play well in the first quarter, we still couldn't convert on short yardage situations.

I could go on, but why bother? We sucked, completely, and totally. And we weren't exactly playing the best defense in the league.

On defense, we couldn't tackle anyone. It was like we had never seen a RB catch a ball at times. We had our hands on an interception we couldn't get. We allowed balls that were just lobbed up to be caught. Outside of Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor, this unit sucked ass.

Our play calling was shit too. If we had no faith in Joey to throw more than three yards down field, then why was he even in? Did we think we'd give Sammie Morris the ball 45 times and we'd win?

I really don't have it in me to go on. We sucked in every phase of the game.

At least they didn't put us through having to watch Mare try a field goal.

I'm very worried about Christmas Night. Which Dolphins are going to show up? I'll be there and I don't want to have to hear it from those shit Jets fans in our own house.[br]Posted on: December 17, 2006, 04:00:21 PM_________________________________________________Watched the Packers/Vikings game at the bar today.

First.... it's games like this with Brett Favre. He was just terrible again. He threw two dumbass interceptions. And while I do agree that Brett is one of the better QBs of all time, I can't put him in the argument for the greatest. Elway, Montana, Marino, Unitas, etc did NOT just do stupid throws like this all the time. I know people like Favre a lot, and they try to excuse that as his "gun slinger" mentality, but that's no excuse for his sometimes "dumbass" mentality. Don't take it the wrong way Pack fans, Brett is one of my favorite players, but he tried very hard to lose this game for the Pack. For a while the Pack wouldn't even throw the ball after he threw two interceptions in a row. One that was brought back to the house for the Vikings only TD.

Also, Bubba Franks was TERRIBLE! He dropped I don't know how many passes, didn't block well, fumbled when he was trying to go in for the game winning score and just generally sucked.

The Pack's defense was excellent, I think the Vikings barely got over 100 yards of offense.... though they DID have drops, one that would have gone for a very long TD. The Vikings offense on the whole, was just awful though.

On special teams, the Pack struggled in the kicking game, but made the ones that count. So good enough I suppose.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish that, for at least one year, the Vikings would have a good season :/

Though, I was super happy that I got to see the Colts win the other night :3 yay for monday night football~!

Personal Blog

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously due to the NFL Network I didn't catch the Packers/Vikings game (completely forgot it for football picks too). I was pretty amused when I saw the score though. But I think Brett's actually had a good year so far.

Hmm, as for the Titans, it'd be a miracle if they make it into the playoffs, but I'd love it if they did. Nobody wants to play us right now, heh.

I'm hoping Colts continue improving both offensively and defensively against Houston and Miami to finish the season. They did good against the Bengals last Monday for sure.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    I was pretty amused when I saw the score though. But I think Brett's actually had a good year so far.
    Amused? ;__; How depressing

>< I love the Vikings, I do, but I wish they'd have ONE good season ><

Quote Quote:
    Hmm, as for the Titans, it'd be a miracle if they make it into the playoffs, but I'd love it if they did. Nobody wants to play us right now, heh.
    Yeha, they're one one heck of a winning streak right now, aren't they? Well, you never know ^^ Maybe with a lot of hard work and a little luck, they'll squeeze in there ^^

Personal Blog

Venom65437

The Titans can still do it, but they're going to need quite a bit of help...

I think Indy will at least LOOK fine going into the playoffs, I can't say they WILL be. I have no doubt they'll look good against Houston, I have no idea what to think of when they play us.... we're so up and down, we might give them one of the best games of the year, or we might just bend over and take it. Who knows.

New Reply
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast