Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Chess Thread

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Chess Thread

I wish that Anand gave Carlsen tougher games. He made some noticeable unforced errors. I think if next WC challenger is Kramnik or Levon, I believe the matches for the World final would be better.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. The 9th game was for Anad after a very good opening and middle game play, and then he just made an incredible blunder with Nf1 (moved in minute 3:27:00 on this vid):

Spanish commentator said that the Anad from 10 years ago would have won that game for sure.

It's a shame because Carlsen is great player and I think he deserves the best of his rivals to be the great champion he can be.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Soo.. I just finished watching some of Zurich's Chess Competition, I have to say that Carlsen still retain his sharpness even after he took a break. Games between him against Gelfand, Aronian, Nakamura, and Anand are must watch, entertaining in so many ways.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakura Saluja's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... there was a time when I was an avid chess player.... Long time I don't play tho... guess it's just because I'm such a bad looser... Anyway gotta re-start playing since I really liked it :33 even tho I really found it difficult at the beginning xD

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently started playing more, learned about two players that played in their head, while saying g5, f6, ect. You don't need a chess board to play chess apparently.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2