Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: BRB boob job ಥ益ಥ

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity sakura-aneki's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Come practice "Martial Arts" with Saky-nee-chan

you know ... I have documents for jet kun do too.... I read them , i already know what it's about ...
    let me ask you this do you practice jet kund do alone at home or do you have a teacher?
    and as I said at the end "unless you adapt them to your own" and believe me , bruce lee knew more than the basics when he made the style

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Windmillblade's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i practice by myself. i also go to train in some gym's and spar. all i did was take the basics and his theory and am trying to make it my own. I'm good when it comes to fighting. I'm no nut case but i am defenetly one of those people who have the natural talent.
    Last edited by Windmillblade; February 14, 2008 at 07:43 PM.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

and too much self-esteem xD lol ahem ok I won't try to change your opinion I'm not the kind that would bother so much but I do recommend you find a martial arts teacher instead of going to a gym ....and I think Sai would agree with me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

to me great martial artist are and were the ones who came up with what they know on there own.at the end of the day the fight will always be the same. theres nothing a teacher can teach me that i cant learn on my own. plus theres no guarantee just because you know MA that you will win.im not cocky but im totally trusting in my abilities. im no tournament fighter or a flashy martial artist im a fighter. i have been in a lot of real fights being that i live in New York. i actually apply what i train for in real situations. i don't know how many people in dojo's do that but all study and no real application besides sparing will not make a person better. its easy to do techniques on your own and think your nice because you got some flashy moves but when you get hit it hits you like a kick in the nuts,oh im actually in a fight i could get my face beat in you know. i dont know if you know what im talking about but. A few years ago i tried that flashy martial arts stuff and i got a rude awakining.

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, why did you pick up boxing? (is it boxing) Isn't it too tough for a girl? Are guys terrified of you in school? Have you beatenup bullies before? By the way, check out Matsuri, it talks about a girl who does wrestling.

▲Away till end June. ▲

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

oh boy .... I said I won't try to change your opinion so don't try to change mine....if I must say I train under a great sifu and last year I got into a fight with a person I consider very strong (my brother) cuz well everybody fears him and all that jazz...he beats up whoever pisses him and bla bla ....and I must say he's like you ...learned on his own and applies everything in real fights (if he went as far as to try to kick me in the face with his knees....but whatever many things happened which lead to that fight and to tell the truth I won... but only because I train regularly and had more stamina and I have more speed and technique than him. Learning by yourself isn't so helpful against (I'm not saying I am one~as I said I had more stamina that's why I won in this case and don't try to compare a girl with a boy) a professional.Those sparring matches and contests have their reason for existing. The more experience you have the calmer you are in a fight even if it's a real fight on the street.
    But let's just leave it at that...everyone is entitled to have his/her own opinion.It's not my place to try to change your opinions as it is not your to try to change mine....

Lol nami :3 it's not boxing, it's wushu a modern style/brench of kung fu. But I did practice boxing for one month xD cuz I needed to learn better about the boxing guard and punches xD But yea I agree boxing isn't for girls....it's too brutal even for me xD.Yea they are ;_____; most of the boys that know me are in some ways . Hmmmm bullies ? no I don't think so ... not since I started practicing martial arts at least. Before that when I was in school 5-8 and 9th grade I used to get into fights.... but when I started practicing martial arts I learned to control myself (10th grade) so I used to threaten those who would pick fights with weaker people than them....but not actually start fights. Since I started practicing MA my only real fight was with my brother...and only that one time...*rofl* . Now I just don't talk to him xD
    lol wrestling ? >.> need to check that out :3
    Last edited by sakura-aneki; February 16, 2008 at 07:50 AM. Reason: wow talk about huge rants

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i respect what you do i hope i didn't sound rude im just really passionate about what i do. lol but i am glad to see a girl(no disrespect) have such a knack for understanding the arts.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, I don't think learning from a sifu will really prevent you from creating your own style....in my honest opinion everyone really creates their own style in the end. Even though I learned a lot from my sifu, I don't fight strictly with Choy Lee Fut. I think a sifu is more their as moral support and a source of guidance. Yes, they teach you their style and such, but a good sifu also helps you develop your own path, he/she doesnt expect you to strictly use only the things they taught you, because it would be ridiculous to do so.

Let's take a chinese classic for example, Wong Fei Hung. Wong Fei Hung, knew Hung gar. He didn't invent the style, but modern Hung Gar takes a lot from his teachings. He only helped to expanded it and improved it. He didn't stick to just the things he was taught, he also taught himself his own stuff through his own experiences.

But, meh, to each his own. If you like how you train, then thats all that matters imo.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

can we all agree that bruce lee was the best ever? and what MA hero from the past you think had a chance to beat him?

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schwindelmagier's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Snoogie's thread is a football-and-super-bowl-thread and yours a martial-arts-thread. xD

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

"but i am glad to see a girl(no disrespect) have such a knack for understanding the arts." ~~:3 thanks ...I'm glad to see there are boys who appreciate girls who practice martial arts :3
    Yea sai but it's different when a sifu shows you the path then when you walk on a path on your own. He shows you the right way after which helps you find your own way...kinda...get what I'm trying to say? If you're alone you might get on the wrong path so to say...I don't fight strictly with the wushu style neither. for example I use the boxing guard when sparring not the normal wushu guard...which is way open if you ask me.
    "he/she doesn't expect you to strictly use only the things they taught you, because it would be ridiculous to do so" <= exactly
    "He only helped to expanded it and improved it" same as judo appeared after ju-jitsu, Jigoro Kan (the creator of judo) thought ju jitsu was way to violent/brutal and so sought a way to improve self-defense without too much harm(?) ~even though judo can be brutal too xD
    lol magier I'd talk about anything ...but since they're mostly the only ones who want to talk and all 3 of us like martial arts guess that's the current subject.
    As the purpose of the tread is to ask me any questions and discuss anything feel free to open a discussion :3 I'll gladly rant xD *loves to rant*

about bruce lee. He was indeed amazing. I'm so sad he died like that. and so young . *sob*

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i agree with you about judo. i have been on the receiving end of a massive throw once and got my bell rung. But yeah i think its the yin yang affect. nothing is completely wit ought violence in any style and not too soft in any style. But what do you think about the current MMA sport growing. it seems to me like the fights are getting harder since people are know starting to train in all areas more than before. and i gotta get this off my chest . sport tae kwon do is ridiculous. if a person has a real right and keeps their hands down id like to be the one to hit em lol. i was watching this episode of final fu i recorded a while ago and this girl fought like that and got whooped and started saying they weren't good and was crying and even left the show.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schwindelmagier's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, sakura-aneki-chan. ^_^/

I hope you can still answer some normal question. I don't wanna interrupt your martial-arts convo yet.

1. What's your fave movie?
    2. Can you cook?
    3. What kind of music do you listen to?
    4: What colour does your bicycle have?

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

1_favorite movie?? hmmm tough one , I love many movies.....:
    Star Wars <3 alll episodes!
    ALIEN <3 Whole series! 2 and 4 the most!
    Matrix <3
    LOTR
    Harry Potter
    Alien vs Predator
    These are all time favorites :3
    Current faves : Transformers , The golden compas, National Treasure: Book of secrets and some others xD
    2)YEESSS! I love to cook :3 ... I don't know too many recepies , but I love assisting my momo when cooking and my grandma too , so I kinda learned a few <3
    3)Hmm depends on the mood , lately , I've been obsessed with house/trance/techno ...but I mostly listen to anything , even country xD .... I like rock (mostly any type) j-pop j-rock <3 hip-hop rap ....dance....
    4)bicycle ? Black ...with some reddish purpleish designs... :3

MOER QUESTIONS PLEASE! :3 I love to answer :3

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't currently think of a question at the moment, but you have excellent tastes in movies! <3

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast