Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 226

Thread: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

  1. #166
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Well, there is a difference between the idea of hitsugaya never becoming as strong as the captain commander and him having an innate weakness against temperatures that high. The scenario so far suggests that even if hitsugaya was yamamoto's equal in terms of reiatsu the fact that high temperatures melt ice still puts hitsugaya at a disadvantage against good old yamamoto. Conservative estimates put yamamoto at the several thousand years old and hitsugaya at barely 100, there is no particular reason for hitsugaya to not be able to reach yamamoto's level in several thousand years if it is plausible for him to catch up to shunsui within the next 100.

  2. #167
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, there is a difference between the idea of hitsugaya never becoming as strong as the captain commander and him having an innate weakness against temperatures that high. The scenario so far suggests that even if hitsugaya was yamamoto's equal in terms of reiatsu the fact that high temperatures melt ice still puts hitsugaya at a disadvantage against good old yamamoto. Conservative estimates put yamamoto at the several thousand years old and hitsugaya at barely 100, there is no particular reason for hitsugaya to not be able to reach yamamoto's level in several thousand years if it is plausible for him to catch up to shunsui within the next 100.
    The degrees melt ice true but the real battle is between reiatsu and that would turn the battle into a tug o'war. Also as stated Toshiros bankai is an area of effect type attack, the 15 million degrees are on the cc. If toshiro became strong he could turn the temperature around yama down making it harder for the zanka to stay as efficient. Like slowly blowing out a candle
    Meh

  3. #168
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    How it would make it harder:
    Toshiros would reverse the effects of the captain commander since his is cold and the captains is warm. I am not comparing it to -1 degrees as you seem to do. I am comparing it to the power of Toshiro that brings about ice. You are comparing an ice block to the sun, I am comparing the CC with future Toshiro.
    Have you ever seen a bankai reversing the effects of a bankai's activation? I am talking about CC uttering 'bankai'. His bankai makes him produce that level of heat. Any object producing that level of heat simply overwhelms anyone within millions of kilometers radius. How on Earth can -276 degrees blow down a million heat sun equivalent bankai? Use a rational argument m8. In real terms once CC activates bankai all life on Earth is extinguished instantly. That is physics. And yes I am comparing an ice block to the sun because that is the comparable difference m8. Just like an ice block cannot ever hope to extinguish the sun just as well a poor kid Toshiro (and give him millenia of years if you want) can never produce any level of cold to extinguish CC's bankai. Simply because CC's bankai is even hotter than the sun's surface! If you sit down and think about how hot that is let me tell you that no level of frost produced on this planet can ever hope to extinguish the sun m8. It is scientifically impossible. Last post on this.
    Last edited by Chojin; February 18, 2013 at 03:17 PM.

  4. #169
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    You are acting like toshiro went to a spot and brought it to absolute zero, then yama went in and said bankai, though he would be dead before he could. Hey would both use their power to push their Bankai. Toshiro is not an ice block, he's a shinigami using reiatsu that pushes the weather and temperature, cc is not the sun. Post the last time if you wish, doesn't make you correct.
    Proving bankai power based on real science alone is pointless.
    Last edited by Sanadan; February 18, 2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Meh

  5. #170
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Ok let's answer that question then.. sighs.. Aizen's shikai weakness was exploited by Gin. And explained as well. You touch the sword you escape the illusion. Yamamoto could have sliced him when he was stabbed by Aizen. It is almost perfect but not 100% perfect - no shikai is perfect. But that is kinda out of topic I am afraid.
    Last edited by Chojin; February 18, 2013 at 03:34 PM.

  6. #171
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    The degrees melt ice true but the real battle is between reiatsu and that would turn the battle into a tug o'war. Also as stated Toshiros bankai is an area of effect type attack, the 15 million degrees are on the cc. If toshiro became strong he could turn the temperature around yama down making it harder for the zanka to stay as efficient. Like slowly blowing out a candle
    Why would making the area around yamamoto colder adversely affect yamamoto? Yamamoto is 15000000 degrees, there is no reason a couple hundred degrees below 0 would ever even begin to somewhat matter to yamamoto.

    The issue is how each of them applies reiatsu. Hitsugaya is using his reiatsu to either control or create ice/water. Isn't hitsugaya's ice bound to whatever physical limitation ice has much like yamamoto's fire would be bound to whatever limitation fire has?

  7. #172
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,033
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    I deleted a couple of posts, please try to stay on topic and respect other members' opinions.

  8. #173
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    It is not, you use real science alone to explain how cc wins over equally old toshiro, I could tell you that the counter of aizens shikai makes no sense based on no one having magic swords that are weak to touch. You forget reiatsu, their style of bankai and that it is a manga on this point. You can't point to the sun saying science rules toshiro loses and explain how 15 million degrees does not melt yama.

    ---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Why would making the area around yamamoto colder adversely affect yamamoto? Yamamoto is 15000000 degrees, there is no reason a couple hundred degrees below 0 would ever even begin to somewhat matter to yamamoto.

    The issue is how each of them applies reiatsu. Hitsugaya is using his reiatsu to either control or create ice/water. Isn't hitsugaya's ice bound to whatever physical limitation ice has much like yamamoto's fire would be bound to whatever limitation fire has?
    Well no not really, really both don't respond to normal ratios, for example, imagine the amount of fuel burning at 15 million degrees would require. I see thisinsane ttemperature as a manifestation of his powerful reiatsu. Toshiro also pushes out more then water warrants, especially in the second stage. Now the theory is that both will be pushing their reiatsu in a thug o'war toshiro constantly trying to cool down, yama constantly trying to heat up. This is imo only going to be possible when toshiro has become a lot more powerful.

    ---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

    Also I am sorry for how clumsy my posts are, I am currently posting on a phone and it is not an easy task unfortunately. I will return at a later time to make my case clear as I see how I can come of as confusing.

    ---------- Post added February 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was February 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM ----------

    Ok, I will now try and elaborate on my thoughts about a fictional Yama vs Toshiro both in their prime, now remember these are just my theories, I do not claim them to be fact and I may in the end be absolutely incorrect:
    Yama does indeed have a very strong reiatsu, as I mentioned I believe this is why he can get the temperature up, it is not only physics from our world that enables him to do this but the fictional force in the Kubo verse. His reiatsu enhances the heat in his armor and blade (I will chose to call his defence armor, basically what it is so it seems fitting) to the level of which heat can not be sustained or created in the real world. An example of this being impossible without reiatsu if we try to fold the two worlds realities togeather is actually the sun.

    It is a huge sphere with copious amounts of energy being burned, the fuel that is needed for Yama to keep the heat up if taken from our world would be impossible so reiatsu would have to be accounted for to make up the rest. This is why I say that the laws or limitations of the elements alone does not tell the full tale of how Yama and Toshiro will wage their battle, they are already altered by their own being and made stronger.

    The other example is Daiguren Hyōrinmaru, one mere snow flake becomes a huge ice flower. These are not the rules which the elements abide by, I think this is reiatsu at work.

    So lets say they do face of, lets say both turn their bankai on at once, full force, Yama going north, south east and west at the same time and Toshiro with his so far unforseen abilities that will have been evolved through thousands of years (or the lenght of Yamas bankai perfection). It will indeed be a 15 million degree difference, this is because the extreme of heat is basically unlimited, the atoms can spin and break at fast rates but extreme cold can only reach the point where the atoms completely stop. This is by going with the rules of physics from our world.

    I then add to that the power of their reiatsu, with that the ability of their elements are increased. Hitsugaya has out of practically no water created huge amounts, and this is where he is at now, how old could he be? 100?

    Everytime his enhanced chilling effect would attack Yamas increased heating effect the heat would go down a bit and the chilling effect would go up a bit. I am not suggesting that Toshiro would attack in one quick swoop, it would be a repeated or ongoing offence constantly turning down the temperature of Yamamotos Zanka.

    Here is where the thug o'war comes into play. While Yamamoto pushes his bankai to the extreme so does Toshiro and both push from their side of the spectrum, so the question in the end would be who pushes harder.

    I know 15 million is a lot but do contemplate that the sun here reaches what? *wiki* 56.5 degrees, this is without a huge force pushing it back, it is a long distance for sure but that is the difference in a vacuum where the heat aims to reach its surroundings (along with the athmosphere helping us out). I am suggesting that Toshiro will have so much outward force that he can put the flame out.

    If the prognosis is that he can beat Aizen and Shunsui in a 100 years, I am certain he can defeat Yamamoto when he reaches his level of seniority.

    I hope this explained better what I was trying to say.
    Meh

  9. #174
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,033
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Both Yamamoto's and Hitsugaya's zanpakutos affect the surroundings, Yamamoto's increases the temperature and evaporates the water, Hitsugaya's decreases the temperature and condenses/freezes the water. The way how these zanpakutos work is quite different though, Yamamoto in his bankai becomes the source of extreme heat, radiating it outward, Hitsugaya, on the other hand, controls the weather and affects the temperature on a wide scale, maintaining a similar low temperature within a wide area. In that sense even if they have equal power, it seems to me that Yamamoto has the advantage in close combat whereas Hitsugaya's power can suppress Yamamoto's in distant areas. In other words I don't see how Hitsugaya can gather enough water and freeze Yamamoto in Yamamoto's close proximity, IMHO the heat is too much and the reiatsu is too compressed for Hitsugaya to handle. I think Hitsugaya needs to surpass Yamamoto's reiatsu by quite a margin to put him out which I doubt will ever happen. But since Yamamoto is no longer alive, I guess we can say that he has the potential to be the strongest shinigami sometime in the distant future. IMHO Kenpachi seems to outperform Hitsugaya at similar ages though, if Kenpachi has a powerful zanpakuto, it will indeed be hard to stop him.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #175
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Both Yamamoto's and Hitsugaya's zanpakutos affect the surroundings, Yamamoto's increases the temperature and evaporates the water, Hitsugaya's decreases the temperature and condenses/freezes the water. The way how these zanpakutos work is quite different though, Yamamoto in his bankai becomes the source of extreme heat, radiating it outward, Hitsugaya, on the other hand, controls the weather and affects the temperature on a wide scale, maintaining a similar low temperature within a wide area. In that sense even if they have equal power, it seems to me that Yamamoto has the advantage in close combat whereas Hitsugaya's power can suppress Yamamoto's in distant areas. In other words I don't see how Hitsugaya can gather enough water and freeze Yamamoto in Yamamoto's close proximity, IMHO the heat is too much and the reiatsu is too compressed for Hitsugaya to handle. I think Hitsugaya needs to surpass Yamamoto's reiatsu by quite a margin to put him out which I doubt will ever happen. But since Yamamoto is no longer alive, I guess we can say that he has the potential to be the strongest shinigami sometime in the distant future. IMHO Kenpachi seems to outperform Hitsugaya at similar ages though, if Kenpachi has a powerful zanpakuto, it will indeed be hard to stop him.
    Yes, that is a good point regarding the areas of where the advantageis had. I too agree that Toshiro needs to out power him by quite a margin, they can't just be at the same level, even in manga standards it just makes no sense as they have made Zanka so extremely powerful. Normally water takes fire but in this case the heat is so emense that there has to be more, Toshiros tender age is what makes me believe he can reach new heights.
    Zaraki is another story, hard to tell but if he goes blunt edge forward and Toshiro reaches that power then chances are hes frozen in his track, slowing him down, hindering his movement, that would imo be Zarakis weakness. But then he hasn't even achieved shikai, Kubo only knows what hides in that blade, if that is possible for him, shikai and maybe even bankai then Zaraki would probably knock Toshiro down to spot nr 2 on my list. Kenny has wasted a lot of time holding himself back though, maybe it is too late?
    Meh

  12. #176
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Ichigo has the greatest potential thats a given.
    Shinigami Quinchi hollow fullbringer what else is needed? The thing that pisses me off is how he beliettles his ability other caps shikais when there s a problem he has all time shikai good enough instead of exhasting everything the shikai has to offer he goes bankai without batting an eye.
    and he never trains to become stronger only when he finds that he cant beat someone he starts training but thats about it.
    After him i see zaraki then hitsugaya
    Last edited by shaheer; February 22, 2013 at 01:29 AM.

  13. #177
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Yes after the last chapter I too put Kenny ahead of Toshiro
    Meh

  14. #178
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    btw I would say Bankai wise the Greatest potential holder in my eyes is Aizen and Shinji. Their shikais were Killer, I didnt include them in my top 3 because they already are top tier shinigami ie their potential is realized but not shown.

  15. #179
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Illusion-type Zanpakuto are way too difficult to handle, so, I guess they will be deadly in Bankai, as well. Not sure what it could add to Aizen's perfect hypnosis, though.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #180
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Illusion-type Zanpakuto are way too difficult to handle, so, I guess they will be deadly in Bankai, as well. Not sure what it could add to Aizen's perfect hypnosis, though.
    Zanka and future Hyourinmaru could very well be the downfall of the illusion bankais. An area of effect attack torching or freezing everything in that area, doesn't matter if there is an illusion of the senses, their attacks are still real. And I am guessing that if the wielder dies then the illusion is broken
    Meh

New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts