Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member genkizen's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

I think these guys have the most potential.

Ichigo - obviously he is the main character of a Shounen manga. But aside from that he also has a crazy level of reiatsu thats been stated over and over again, he is pure blood as stated by someone (forget who but i think it was that hollow that killed his mom when he found out his father was shinigami). He has such little understanding of his reiatsu control, bankai abilities, hollow mask and Zangetsu in general he has crazy amounts of potential to advance.

Zaraki - He doesn't even have Shikai!! (I don't think Yoruichi was implying that Zaraki's sword is permanently released IMHO. Unless a translator unequivocably says and proves that I won't buy it =P). I think there is something funny going on with him and his sword and how they work together, but still think he is a juggernaut.

Hitsugaya - He hasn't hit puberty yet and he's a frikkin captain. He's got to be loaded with more potential.

Yamamoto is uber strong i agree, but he's old, I think he's reached or is near the cap on his strength...which is still insane.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genkizen View Post
    Hitsugaya - He hasn't hit puberty yet and he's a frikkin captain. He's got to be loaded with more potential.
    Well, Yachiru is much younger than Toshiro, and she's a vice captain; so, by the same logic, she should be one of the characters with the most potential.

Your entire list was pretty good. I would also add Orihime for the reason Neuroff named.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Id say Ichigo,he has his shinigami powers not for a long time and is already stronger the mot of the captains,maybe is even the strongers,he has vizards powers and duh hes da main charachter,its obvious he has the most potential and Ichigo is just talent,no hard work,just born talent.I mean learnin bankai in three days,how long did it take for Toushirou??Ichigo has the most potential.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all of Gekkani's, but I'd say Ichigo is the one with the most potential of them all.

He was showing signs of greater strength than Ulquiorra before learning to control the mask. He almost choked out Hiyori, a Vizard who's had full control of her powers for years, without going Bankai. And after getting his ass kicked by Ulquiorra, he came back strong enough to beat Grimmjow FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER. So he's the best prospect because his potential exceeds common sense.

Kenpachi is second for the reasons already stated, and the Kendo thing.

And in terms of current strength, Aizen is clearly at the top. He brought GJ to his knees on a whim, stopped Tensa Zangetsu with his finger, and has the cheapest Shikai in the entire series. There isn't anyone around who can take him yet IMO.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo definitely has the most potential seeing as how he is the main character and he has a huge ass amount of reiatsu. It's like he has the NINE_TAIL FOX'S twin inside of him.
    lmfao.
    Hitsugaya. He is so young yet he is a captain and even though his bankai has not been perfected, he can still whoop ass.
    Ukitake- if his illness is ever cured, he would a huge force to be reckoned with. Even in his current condition, he can take out most of the captains. With him at full strength, he could make aizen pee in his pants. Same goes for shunsui.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Ukitake- if his illness is ever cured, he would a huge force to be reckoned with. Even in his current condition, he can take out most of the captains. With him at full strength, he could make aizen pee in his pants. Same goes for shunsui.
    Well, Shunsui isn't sick; so, I don't expect him to dramatically stronger. (I also don't expect Ukitake to suddenly be healed after living with his illness for so long.) Shunsui is strong, but he is not on Aizen's level (at least not by himself; as a part of the legendary tag team, he might have a chance.)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Dragon04's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Ichigo and Kenpachi

Ichigo because he still has a lot to learn about his Shinigami powers and Zangetsu. Not to mention all he still has to master with his Vaizard powers.

Kenpachi simply because he doesn't even know his sword name yet. He will be much much stronger once he masters his sword.

Death is only a stepping stone on the path of life

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    Shunsui is strong, but he is not on Aizen's level (at least not by himself; as a part of the legendary tag team, he might have a chance.)
    Is that implied somewhere, I only remember Yamma saying that Shun and Uki are invincible together or something to that extent.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Is that implied somewhere, I only remember Yamma saying that Shun and Uki are invincible together or something to that extent.
    People tend to infer that Shunsui would be a strong opponent by himself, since he is one of the most senior captains and a part of a tag team with Ukitake said to be unmatched by any other (unknown if Yama meant just other tag teams or a force in general, but it is more likely that they have the claim of "best tag team" and are just really formidable together).

There really is nothing so far to suggest that he is amazingly strong by himself. We saw him pwn Chad, but any of the captains could have probably done that to Chad during SS arc.

People usually reason that since he is half of this legendary partnership, then he must be at least half that strong. We don't really know how strong the duo of him with Ukitake is. Yamamoto seemed to be fairly serious when fighting them, although he only went shikai and probably could have killed them (or at least done a lot more damage) by going bankai. Likewise, both he and Ukitake were obviously not really seeking to fight Yamamoto; so, they may not have fought at full strength. When taking this into account, the true strength of their tag team has not really been shown yet. Plus, any combination of power mixes could result in their tag team's power; i.e., they could each contribute half the strength to the tag team, an unequal amount, or their abilities complement each other in some sort of synergy.

So, to answer your question succintly, it is sort of implied that he would be strong by himself too, but how strong is unknown. He could be by himself anywhere form on the order of Komamura to on the order of two-handed Kenpachi.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well from what's been implied in the manga isn't the more probable premise that Shun is stronger than Aizen. Considering Shun has been a captain longer than Aizen and the fact that he learned from someone like Yamma, it's possible that he could have reached his limits and mastered each form of shinigami combat to it's limits as well.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well from what's been implied in the manga isn't the more probable premise that Shun is stronger than Aizen. Considering Shun has been a captain longer than Aizen and the fact that he learned from someone like Yamma, it's possible that he could have reached his limits and mastered each form of shinigami combat to it's limits as well.
    Shunsui's DB stats suggest that he has not reached his limits. Plus, the manga has never implied that Shunsui is stronger than Aizen in any way. Being trained Yama is not something that means he would have master every form of shinigami combat. Shunsui and Ukitake were said to be Yamamoto's best students and were among his academy's first graduating class, but that has no relation to Aizen and again does not imply mastery over every form of combat. Aizen's methods to reach his current level of power are currently unknown, and thus it is impossible to say that having been a shinigami and a captain no less for a longer period would have a substantial effect on him being stronger than Aizen.

Also, from a story-telling standpoint, it would not make sense for Shunsui to be stronger than Aizen. Yamamoto currently maybe, since he's the legendary alpha dog of SS and has seemingly reigned as strongest shinigami for quite some time, but Shunsui has not been characterized in that manner.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    Also, from a story-telling standpoint, it would not make sense for Shunsui to be stronger than Aizen. Yamamoto currently maybe, since he's the legendary alpha dog of SS and has seemingly reigned as strongest shinigami for quite some time, but Shunsui has not been characterized in that manner.
    Well it's not like there aren't character's stronger than Aizen, we have no idea how powerful Isshin, Urahara, even top Vaizard's are. Plus then there is always Vasto Lorde who are powerful than any captain. I was just wondering Shun's strength considering Yamma's statement of his being above the rest.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's not like there aren't character's stronger than Aizen, we have no idea how powerful Isshin, Urahara, even top Vaizard's are. Plus then there is always Vasto Lorde who are powerful than any captain. I was just wondering Shun's strength considering Yamma's statement of his being above the rest.
    Yama's statement was a general statement, which I always took to mean generally stronger than his other students. We don't if there are characters stronger than Aizen. As you said, we don't know Isshin's, Urahara's, or the Vizards' power yet, and although it would give them a lot of cool points, we can't assume that they would be necessarily weaker or stronger than Aizen. As it stands, no one has been defined as stronger than Aizen. We have seen characters weaker than him, but no one has shown any clear indication of being stronger, just unknown in comparison.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True, it could just have been a general statement that was only meant to cover his students, but it could have also have been about other shinigami's, considering he has been watching their increasing power. What about the Vasto Lorde, Hitsu states that a single Vasto surpasses any captain.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we have yet to meet any Vasto Lordes. We think that Ulq and higher espada may be VLs, but even then, they are still subservient to Aizen. We have no indication as to whether he is more powerful than them. (We've only seen him demonstrate his power against Grimmjow; so, we know for sure he's at least stronger than him.)

As for Hitsugaya's statement, perhaps he meant normal captains and not captains who have reached their limits and may have done things likely illegal in SS to increase their power to unknown greater proportions. There may be VLs greater in power than Aizen, but we have yet to see them and given Aizen's known use of forbidden experimentation, he is likely to have done something to increase his powers that would not make him validate Hitsugaya's statement. Until someone shows up who is clearly enumerated as more powerful than Aizen and/or Aizen is somehow characterized in a fashion in which we can truly assess his abilities, we don't know of any characters stronger than him yet.

New Reply
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast