Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [FEATURED] Vandenreich - Mega Convo Thread

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach [FEATURED] Vandenreich - Mega Convo Thread

Most probably, we are going to see a lot about members of Vandenreich in days to come. A mysterious faction appearing out of nowhere, seemingly has very powerful members.

All the general discussion related to Vandenreich can be directed here.

I have several questions regarding Vanenreich, about their motives, their origin, their powers, etc. First of all, why did they not aid Aizen when they share similar goals as Aizen? Had they joined forces with Aizen back then, I am not sure SS has won. I know its too early to judge them, but their leader looks a very dangerous character. Besides, entering into SS and fighting Yama, requires decent power-level.

Lets discuss, shall we ...

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kurohitsugi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vandenreich - Mega Convo Thread

We need more info. For starters, we still don't know for sure what race those guys are!

In any case, we can't be that sure whether they share similar goals with Aizen or not. We know they want to destroy Soul Society but there's no clue in why they are doing it. Neither if this "Buckbeard" Vandkaiser wants to invade the Royal Realm afterward and kill/dethrone the Soul King. We have to wait to learn. Maybe when Kubo decides to let us know some things about their past, we may be able to conclude some things about the cause of the war.

Additionally, even if this was the case, why would they release such a dangerous competitor like Aizen? Do you really believe that Aizen would thank them and help them if they would release him? No, by helping him escape they would add one more enemy against their cause. However, there's a chance they organize and be behind a full-scale outbreak of the criminals from Soul Society's prisons to reinforce the chaos and distract a part of their enemies' force but they should not let the one who reside in the 7th or 8th level to escape as well. Who knows what terrible individuals from all Soul Society's history are locked down there.

Since we have not an idea about their power level, their clear and indisputable advantage in this war is the secret location of their hideout. As long it remains hidden they can always be on the attacking side. Also, Soul Society isn't only Seiretei. It's the huge area of Rukongai as well. The Vandereich could hit at any place in any time as they wish. They don't even have to use their own troops since it's easy to create ruckus by using a couple of menos or other hollows.

I highly anticipate to see how this war will turn out. I want to see some tactic from both sides. In the Winter War it was only Aizen who had a kind of strategy.
    Last edited by Kurohitsugi; March 16, 2012 at 03:49 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vandenreich - Mega Convo Thread

In my opinion, if they wanted to do destroy SS, siding with Aizen was more beneficial. Aizen was just one man. Dealing with him should have been relatively easier than taking on entire Gotie 13. I could be wrong here, as Aizen's ability was far more troubling. Vandenreich seem to have plenty of confidence on their abilities. It could be a reason they didn't require Aizen help or helped him. Aizen was a smart and cunning man. He used Arrancars for his advantage. Vandenreich would have been exploited as were Arrancars. If they were useful, I believe Aizen might have joined hands with them.

What do you guys think about their means of transport? Invading SS out of nowhere and escaping just like that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Vandenreich - Mega Convo Thread

What does Vandenreich mean?

Is this germanrish like his usual engrish?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kanamechidori View Post
    What does Vandenreich mean?

Is this germanrish like his usual engrish?
    It's a half Dutch, half German word which means "Of the Empire".

It's still too early to tell what they're up to but my best guess at this point is that people of Vandenreich are exiled shinigami who were banished to a separate dimension underneath SS which Ice Palace is in. They say Yamamoto already knows them and Hiyori smelled a shinigami when possibly one or a group of them was visiting the vizards in KT. The reason why they were exiled is because they were former quincies who died in a war against shinigami 1000 years ago and it caused trouble in SS when many of them ended up there after they died. They trained themselves and achieved bankai during this time, they also figured out how to use quincy powers with help of their quincy background and they finally found out a way to leave this dimension, perhaps with the involvement of Aizen, and now they want revenge.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kage Fuusha's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

They are obviously Quincy (the medallion that Ivan showed is the same as Ishida's and the white outfits) with the ability to steal Shinigami powers.
    http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/kenbond007/Karindrooling2.jpg
    Let me tell you something about crazy people...the sex is unbelievable. - Richard Castle

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kurohitsugi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Fuusha View Post
    They are obviously Quincy (the medallion that Ivan showed is the same as Ishida's and the white outfits) with the ability to steal Shinigami powers.
    We shouldn't judge by what we see and only. Someone said "They are obviously arrancars (the fragment of Ivan's mask showed that he is a arrancarized hollow)" but we all see that this wasn't valid. They are probably a kind of hybrids who have Quincy powers but that's all we can deduce so far.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

The King dude, could've been head of a Noble House that use to exist in the early days of Soul Society. Like the Kuchiki and Shihouin Houses. I always wondered, if Kubo would reveal more about the noble houses and their histories in Soul Society.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In Shounen Jump Alpha, the online viz magainze, Vandenreich is translated to "Invisible Empire" and not "Of the Empire"

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think anyone siding with Aizen would have come out the winner...He would have just used them and when he succeeded, eliminated them as potential threats...So i agree with them doing it on their own..Makes sense to me.
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Fuusha View Post
    Apparently, they are at least associated with Quincy. Chances are they are evolved Quincies. The strange is they are humans, unlike spirit entities that are Shingami and Hollow. May be they found a way to obtain their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    The King dude, could've been head of a Noble House that use to exist in the early days of Soul Society. Like the Kuchiki and Shihouin Houses. I always wondered, if Kubo would reveal more about the noble houses and their histories in Soul Society.
    Possibility do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by vizardichigo View Post
    I dont think anyone siding with Aizen would have come out the winner...He would have just used them and when he succeeded, eliminated them as potential threats...So i agree with them doing it on their own..Makes sense to me.
    May be, but it could be the other way around. They might have the strength to take out Aizen, at least as a group of not individually.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well first of all, for all we know the Vandenreich might not have been around during the Winter War. At the very least the Vandenreich have some kind of connection to the bodies found in Szayel's lab. Also, it's not exactly like Aizen would share SS with them......Aizen wanted to replace the Soul King, and although we don't know what the Vandenreich's agenda is, if they also wanted to replace the Soul King then Aizen and them become enemies the moment SS is out of the picture. Aizen also wanted to destroy Karakura Town....if the Vandenreich are Quincy, then for all we know that could be against whatever their planning since Quincy want to protect humans too.

I think that what the Vandenreich is going to do is probably different though.....it seems like the Pluses in SS are disappearing. Maybe the Vandenreich wants to kidnap all the Pluses, move them to where their empire is located, and then destroy SS, and completely take over the Shinigami's job and serve as the new SS.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

their palace doesn't hint anything,imo. except maybe that they are in a frozen place,which doesn't imply it's not hell,though. what surprised me is their boss: he is too similar to Zangetsu,notwithstanding he doesn't wear the bandage.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the pillars of the palace had the Quincy Cross symbol on it.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Apparently, they are at least associated with Quincy. Chances are they are evolved Quincies. The strange is they are humans, unlike spirit entities that are Shingami and Hollow. May be they found a way to obtain their powers.
    Yet when Ivan appeared, Hiyori picked up the scent of a shinigami...My theory is that these guys are hybrids (Quincy-Shinigami-Arrancar)
    "I fancy myself as a fine example of womanhood...
    the kind that clambers on a bike and rides off like John Wayne on a horse
    "

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast