Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 226

Thread: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

  1. #121
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Do people not age in SS? Byakuya sure did age.

    If they look young, chances are they are young. I'll deal with 100 year olds in 5 year olds bodies when the manga gets to them.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

  2. #122
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    As you said he sd it is to overcome the shinigmai limits, not that it is limitless. There is no such thing as limitless
    You should add a nice "imho", because Aizen only said that hybridization is used in order to destroy the shinigami's limit, not to move it higher!

  3. #123
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where there's hockey & poutine...
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    When Aizen spoke, he spoke of limits in the sense of all a shinigami could learn combat-wise i.e. Kidou, Zanjutsu, and Hakuda(link). He states that no matter how innately powerful a shinigami is, his body and spiritual energy will reach a limit based on the limit that those 3 arts have.

    He(Aizen), stated that he had reached said limit because he had developed, to the best of his ability(this is important; not the best possible), these shinigami arts of combat. So for him, hybridization was a way to widen the scope of abilities available to a shinigami/hollow by introducing the abilities of another party.

    However, this new entity is not confirmed to have no limits. All Aizen says is that hybridization will destroy the limits shinigami and hollows have; he speaks nothing of the limits the hybrid will possess.

    IMO, the hybrid will still carry limits in the sense Aizen spoke of because there will be a point when a hybrid will reach the peak/limit of all the abilities available to him/her.

  4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #124
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Tibet
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by drakend View Post
    You should add a nice "imho", because Aizen only said that hybridization is used in order to destroy the shinigami's limit, not to move it higher!
    So basically this thread is pointless, the answer is "hybrids have most potential because their potential is limitless and given enough time, they'll be Gods of Olympus." It pains me to try to explain why limitless potential is an absurd concept, I think it's best to accept we're from different worlds.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #125
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    So basically this thread is pointless, the answer is "hybrids have most potential because their potential is limitless and given enough time, they'll be Gods of Olympus." It pains me to try to explain why limitless potential is an absurd concept, I think it's best to accept we're from different worlds.
    There are hybrids and hybrids... so it isn't sufficient to be an hybrid to have limitless power, you have to be, at the same time, both fully shinigami and fully hollow in order to have limitless power imho. I think in Bleach terms it means Ichigo and Aizen, maybe, will reach this stage.

  8. #126
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Tibet
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by drakend View Post
    There are hybrids and hybrids... so it isn't sufficient to be an hybrid to have limitless power, you have to be, at the same time, both fully shinigami and fully hollow in order to have limitless power imho. I think in Bleach terms it means Ichigo and Aizen, maybe, will reach this stage.
    I ask this question to have a better idea about your argument: Can Aizen or Ichigo be so strong at one point that they can destroy Bleachverse with a snap of their finger? This is what I call "limitless".

  9. #127
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where there's hockey & poutine...
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Actually, "limitless" would mean that they could also redesign the Bleach universe after destroying it lol

    Well I've already posted why I believe that eve hybrids are "limited" in the sense of how limits were presented to us.

  10. #128
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    I ask this question to have a better idea about your argument: Can Aizen or Ichigo be so strong at one point that they can destroy Bleachverse with a snap of their finger? This is what I call "limitless".
    Aizen with shikai owns almost evreyone.
    Aizen with bankai means plotkai.
    Aizen hybridized is a joke: it's like using the warp drive to go to the toilette!
    So yes, Aizen hybridized can destroy the Bleachverse imho... only some form of Ichigo can stop him.

  11. #129
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    The potential of everyone is different and is also linked to the motivation of the person. Also being a genius plays a part in potential. Yama is the strongest at this moment in SS (not counting aizen and co.) But it doesnt say he has/had the most potential of all shinigami (yama is just the oldest and strongest at this time) but if hitsugaya is as old as yama he might have masterd the aspects of the shinigami more then yama.

    On the hybrid part i am quite sure even the vaizards and arrancar have a limit, and also the arrancar created with the hougyouku arent equaly strong as shown by the espada (this might be because all the hollow used werent at their limits).
    Tite kubo was smart enough to use any VL to become arrancar or high lvl captains to become vaizards, as then we could realy speculate on this part.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #130
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by drakend View Post
    Aizen with shikai owns almost evreyone.
    Aizen with bankai means plotkai.
    Aizen hybridized is a joke: it's like using the warp drive to go to the toilette!
    So yes, Aizen hybridized can destroy the Bleachverse imho... only some form of Ichigo can stop him.
    As is usual with these things, his Bankai will be all powerful, but with one fatal weakness that Ichigo will exploit.

    Whenever bad guys evolve to a higher, more powerful stage, they always gain this one fatal weakness that the good guy takes advantage of. The good guy never ever wins in terms of pure overwhelming kickassery.

    Aizen's bankai is doomed to get him killed.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

  14. #131
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Tibet
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by drakend View Post
    So yes, Aizen hybridized can destroy the Bleachverse imho... only some form of Ichigo can stop him.
    Well, I don't think Aizen can ever be the Bleach version of The Living Tribunal. It doesn't make sense to me but to each his own.

  15. #132
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where there's hockey & poutine...
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Honestly Menos are kind of hax when compared to shinigamis because they derive their power from masses and masses of souls(with one persona being dominant) whereas a shinigami is a singular soul's power. So when we're talking about a VL for example, we're really talking about maybe 500,000,000 souls'(if not more) worth of power clumped into one body.

    Nonetheless, I agree with Richo, a given "limit" is different for everyone.

    For example, Kenpachi will never really reach the limits of Kidou since he's not arsed to bother learning it. In this sense, his own limit of Kidou will forever be unknown and therefore set to 0 by most readers since his limit isn't pertaining to his ability, but to his own personality.

    Another easy example is Orihime. She seriously has the God's power. If she really can reject any event, she could easily reject a person's very existence if she wanted. However, her limit is her personality. Half the time she can't bring herself to use her power so she's in a sense her own limit which maintains the godly power she has within reasonable terms for the manga.

    Therefore, when Aizen states he has reached the limit, I think he means he has reached his limit i.e. the most he can develop within the shinigami arts.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #133
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by drakend View Post
    You should add a nice "imho", because Aizen only said that hybridization is used in order to destroy the shinigami's limit, not to move it higher!
    Destroying a shinigami limit does lead to it becoming higher. As I have already stated, both shinigamis and hollows have limits. Limits are a natural part of life. Even if you were to gain the limits of another being, ie. hollows, you would still have a limit. Assuming that someone can be limitless is beyond ridiculous.

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  19. #134
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Limits are a natural part of life.
    Unfortunately this is not life,this is MANGA.....written by KUBO....till now we had limitless "plotkai/a++pull/incosistencies",so what he can throw in his bleachverse only he knows.

    Anyway,for some standard we had with "other mangas",and for the "power levels" shown....to be shown.....supposed and potential we have in the bleachverse,I would use the "limitless" to describe a power close to DBZ SSJ 1/2/3....I mean,as strong as they can be Ichigonator/Old Yama (using them cause they basically use raw power),I didn't see something from anyone below and hinted from them,able to let me think:
    THEY CAN DESTROY everything around them 100km radious DBZ style....not saying the whole earth or a galaxy.....

    So IMO,as far as they don't have ridicolous devastating power,Nuclear size(city destroying and above),saying limitless and very high limit are just the same for the bleachverse....

  20. #135
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hoenn Region
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is the strongest or has the most potential...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    Well, I don't think Aizen can ever be the Bleach version of The Living Tribunal. It doesn't make sense to me but to each his own.
    LOL! I compared Aizen to LT sarcastically in a more recent post and I never even read this topic! Seems we're on the same page. As for the topic...Ichigo obviously has the most potential. As for who is the strongest - Aizen and Yama. But they are three others who could really be up there in the "God-Tier" - Isshin, Ryuuken and Yoruichi.

    Isshin - Obvious reason that he's the freak main's father, plus his reiatsu was described as "massive" by Shinji and he only started getting it back!! He could be a Noble too...the resemblance between Ganju and him is too obvious to ignore. And would explain Ichigo's striking resemblance to Kaien. Only thing is he doesn't have the trademark Shiba eyelashes, but seeing as he's a goofball, he could just be plucking them constantly or something. Could also be ex-Royal Guard...he may have defected or something and got replaced by Hikifune.

    Ryuuken - Quincy Final Form. Nuff said. Ishida was godly back in the SS arc with that thing even though he was badly injured beforehand and his base form was much weaker than it is now! There's a reason why Quincy's only have one release compared to Shinigami/Vizard and even some Arrancar. And a reason it comes at such a high cost. Complete dominance over spiritrons is the second strongest power in BLEACH, after Orihime's reality warping phenomenon rejection. Yes, even stronger than Kyouka Suigetsu IMO. Ryuuken's base form is already WAY stronger than Uryuu's so when he uses that release, his opponents (I don't care how strong they are) are gonna get their shit wrecked.

    Yoruichi - Man, where do I even begin? She has godly written all over her! Mentor to Soi Fon and Byakuya - two powerful and capable warriors in their own right. Leader of the strongest Noble clan (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/bleach/1/-106/6), and the first female leader too. That has to mean something special. Has the title "God of Flash" with apparently signature Shunpo techniques at her disposal. We've only seen one so far (Cicada) but they are supposed to be 3 IIRC. Going off her title, she should be the fastest character in the manga when she gets her skills back in top gear. She's been around pretty much since the start of the series and we haven't even seen her Shi Kai yet. Heck we've barely seen her zan at all and I seriously doubt thats because she doesn't have use for it. Soi Fon uses hers all the time so I expect the same from her master.

    ...I didn't include Urahara in my post cause honestly I don't expect him to be as flat-out strong as these 3. His reiatsu will certainly be high (we already know it is actually), but I think his main strength is his mind. His genius and innovation in battle will allow him to match or even surpass people that are technically "stronger" than him.

  21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts