Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 103 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2503

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread

nice Macheda again. They didnt air that game here, sucks I wish I watched it

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendes View Post
    I hope Macheda doesnt play against Porto :O
    Ferguson better play him. Sub him in when there is 20 minutes left in the game.
    Last edited by KnuckleheadedNinja; April 11, 2009 at 10:08 PM.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    wow, Ive said this before and Ill say it again, how does Barca score sooooo many damn goals. All the games I watch they have 3-5 goals and its always Messi, Henry and Eto'o who score. Man they are good.
    Easy, choose a top five foward from south america, a top 5 from africa and a top five from europe. All 3 have 1 goal per 2 games (Eto having the best which is 3 per 4 games, Messi the worst with 1 in every 2 even though he's priceless) and back them up with some of Spain's above average.

Control of the midfield even for half the game + 3 unmatched forwards with synergy = every goalscoring chance = a goal.

Honestly you have the best of all worlds. The only way could imagine someone surpassing them is based on how much money Real spends next year. With Cristiano, possibly Kaka and someone like Raul/Nistelroy or both, they would probably have an equally destructive offense. But.. not as quick, that's one thing I think Barca have unmatchable. Aside from Torres, there really aren't many forwards that move in synergy that quickly during an attack, maybe Forlan and Aguero, but Atletico has other problems, Lisandro is pretty fast also...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mendes's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Real's already hit the bull's eye with Robben. Too bad they dont play with wingers/side forwards... yet. I think they will buy CRonaldo at all costs, and maybe another extraordinary forward, but I just don't get why they concede so many goals. Almost every defender they got is top class and they even have superman within the posts

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

The defense isn't that good, I mean Cannavaro is past his best, Heinze is a liability, and Pepe isn't exactly in the league of Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Puyol, etc.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ◆ T.D.A ◆ View Post
    The defense isn't that good, I mean Cannavaro is past his best, Heinze is a liability, and Pepe isn't exactly in the league of Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Puyol, etc.
    Maybe, but I at least consider them competent enough to avoid having so much trouble against minor teams. And I personally consider Pepe a great defender. ie, against Valladolid this weekend, they could have Lost that game... Valladolid had so many chances in the 1st half it was scary!

Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen Pepe play much, but when I have he hasn't played great. Maybe it was just against Liverpool, but in Euro 2008 for Portugal he made some mistakes I think.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

But it was because of him we managed to qualify for that Euro. He's our most important piece in the center defense and now he's been playing as defensive midfielder and I dare to say he's the player we have in better shape in our national team... [although that's not saying much, recently]

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The PFA player of the year award shortlist is out.

Spoiler show

Gerrard, vidic and rio are understandable. But the rest has to be a joke. RYAN GIGGS! Are they mad? This is not a lifetime achievement award or some award out of nostalgia. He has only had a handful of good games. The rest were only decent. A joke of an inclusion. And whats with van de sar, he has 19 clean sheets but so what? Thats the same as cech and two more than reina. He hardly has to make saves because of the excellent defence in front of him. And were giving nominations for number of clean sheets then why hasnt reina been in the running the past three seasons seeing as he always has a ridiculous amounts of clean sheets and wins the golden gloves? Ronaldo is also ridiculous, he has hardly lit up the league and has been a shadow of himself. There are more deserving players. Like cahill, jagielka, anelka, lampard and alonso. Its bloody ridiculous cahill and jagielka may have been overlooked because they're at everton but lampard? His game has improved so much. his passing, his vision everything has just gone another level, and he still scores stupid amounts of goals from central midfield. Anelka is still the top scorer, and alonso has been amazing.

As for the young player of the year. Evans, rafael? They started 18 league games between them. BETWEEN them. Every other player on that shortlist has started more then both of them put together. How can you judge a young player of the year if they dont even play that much? Im just surprised they didnt put macheda on the list [/sarcasm].

Can someone please tell the PFA to get off united's dick. You would think they are running away with the league. And for god sake this is why they should make these lists much much later into the season. Lets just hope that the FWA has some more sense....Never trust footballers to make rational decisions.
    Last edited by Imperium; April 14, 2009 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

What? the amount of games doesn't matter, its the quality, Torres shouldn't be in it because he hasn't played huge amounts of games...

Your logic is pretty flawed, it seems someone who plays every match for West Brom must be better than a talented youngster who gets a few matches and appearances for a big team, with world class players.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

What? the amount of games doesn't matter, its the quality, Torres shouldn't be in it because he hasn't played huge amounts of games...

Your logic is pretty flawed, it seems someone who plays every match for West Brom must be better than a talented youngster who gets a few matches and appearances for a big team, with world class players.
    How can you judge the quality if they dont play that many games? Anybody can have a few good games. The winner should be someone who has been consistently good over the course of the season. Just look at the last four winners of the young player of the year
    Fabregas
    Ronaldo
    Rooney
    Rooney

They were ALL amazing in those seasons, and they played huge parts in their teams performances. The impact they had for their clubs was immense, can the same be said of evans or rafael? It can be said for the others, ireland is city's top scorer and easily, easily their best player this season by a country mile. Young and agbonlahor have been excellent for villa and they are one of the main reasons why villa is challenging for 4th. I dont watch spurs matches a lot, but what from the spurs supporters say the same can be applied to lennon. The shortlist should have included more of such players.

A talented youngster who doesnt play much doesnt deserve to win the young player of the year. Its as simple as that. And if there is a youngster who plays consistently excellent for west brom they deserve to be ahead of someone who has had a couple of substitute appearances and league starts for a big club. The award should not have a big club bias. And the award is not an award of who is the better player, but who is the better player that season.
    Last edited by Imperium; April 14, 2009 at 08:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member thsv's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    How can you judge the quality if they dont play that many games? Anybody can have a few good games. The winner should be someone who has been consistently good over the course of the season. Just look at the last four winners of the young player of the year
    Fabregas
    Ronaldo
    Rooney
    Rooney

They were ALL amazing in those seasons, and they played huge parts in their teams performances. The impact they had for their clubs was immense, can the same be said of evans or rafael? It can be said for the others, ireland is city's top scorer and easily, easily their best player this season by a country mile. Young and agbonlahor have been excellent for villa and they are one of the main reasons why villa is challenging for 4th. I dont watch spurs matches a lot, but what from the spurs supporters say the same can be applied to lennon. The shortlist should have included more of such players.

A talented youngster who doesnt play much doesnt deserve to win the young player of the year. Its as simple as that. And if there is a youngster who plays consistently excellent for west brom they deserve to be ahead of someone who has had a couple of substitute appearances and league starts for a big club. The award should not have a big club bias. And the award is not an award of who is the better player, but who is the better player that season.
    I've gotta agree with Imperium on this one. A youngster who puts in two or three good displays against weak or tired opposition shouldn't be chosen ahead of someone from West Brom or Stoke whose been slogging their guts out all season come rain or shine. That's why Wes Brown kept getting chosen for England thanks to Sven's love affair with the big 4.

One of the things I hated about the advent of the premiership is this infatuation with the big clubs. Years ago the choice of Player of the year would have had more variety. This year? 5 players from one side? What about Lampard? Gareth Barry? Danny Murphy? Totally ignored. Great incentive to young players when deciding what club they want to go to.

I'm glad Berebatov didn't make the list. I had to laugh. He played better at Spurs even if it looked like he didn't give a f***.
    Last edited by thsv; April 14, 2009 at 10:14 AM.

Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Rafael has played 9 games, he would have played more yet he's gotten injured, and if he didn't I could easily see him getting into the 1st team ahead of Neville, the wya that Nev has been playing recently.

Quote Originally Posted by thsv
    A youngster who puts in two or three good displays against weak or tired opposition
    Rafael played against Arsenal and scored, he also had Robinho in check against City, though that might not be a big achievement anymore.

And from what I recall Evans also played against at least one of the big teams, I think it might have been against Chelsea, but he's certainly played against tough opposition, those that are in the top 8 in EPL.
    Last edited by ◆ T.D.A ◆; April 14, 2009 at 10:23 AM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I agree with Imperium with some nominees. Lampard and Torres should have been included, amongst others, but I dont see the current nominees that bad of a choice. Giggs had a period in this season where he was playing Very good, so its understandable. Van der Saar has been sensational, and I think its fair to put him there, just as it would have been fair to put Cech 3 seasons ago. The nomination of Ronaldo was funny... he's almost invisible imo.

Although Rafael and Evans are nominees for the youngster of the year, I dont think there's much hope for them to win it. I dont watch the premier league enough to notice every young prodigy in there, but for what I've seen its granted that Ashley Young will win it.

Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Stephen Ireland might win it.

Thread Closed
Page 103 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast