Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 31 of 167 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mendes's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread

According to the rumors Drogba seems to be leaving Chelsea, and he explicitly said he wanted to leave as soon as possible. Its highly possible that another great team's attack is going to get strengthened this January, when the transfer season reopens. I'd love to see Drogba in man utd, but that's just a dream... I bet Drogba will be transfered to Real Madrid or Milan (who knows, with Kaka involved in the deal). The only thing that could keep Drogba with Chelsea till the end of the season would be the fact that he'd be unable to play in champions league for another team this year

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I read a news that said that Drogba is interested in AC Milan, but i'd rather Milan spend their money one defensive players (i mean like 8 or 10 good and young defensive players).
    And a new goalkeeper.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like they know what they're doing to be honest. Big teams like them can't just fortify the offense, they have to take care of their defense as well, so they won't lose random matches in their own championships.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think Milan's problem right now aint in defense, but in a strong offensive reference. With shevchenko gone and ronaldo injured, they only have Inzaghi, which isnt enough, and Gilardino, and I'm not impressed with this guy at all...

A player like drogba fits in Milan perfectly in my view. About Real Madrid, I dont think they ever cared about unbalancing the team with only renowned forwards. I wouldnt like to see drogba there, but that's where I believe he will be when the transfer season reopens.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

7 - 0

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! that showed all the critics who were saying arsenal will go downhill now that henry left
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, even i have to admit that Arsenal was invincible on that game. Walcott, Fabregas, Hleb and Adebayor combined real good with their quick passing game. And that Walcott can sure run with his legs.
    Oh, United won 2-4 against Kiev. Rooney and Tevez might not be pretty, but they're deadly.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

And we have to remember Arsenal has van Persie injured. Truly impressive this Arsenal team. Out of the english teams, only liverpool's in a mess, with a new loss, this time against besiktas for 2-1. Porto is in great place to take the lead in the next game, playing at home with Marseille. In the away game it was obvious Porto was the best team. We had almost twice the amount of shots and 2 of them hit the post...

Rosenborg also surprised, winning 2-0 with valencia. This group is getting tough!
    Royal won 4-2 with Olympiakos in a hard fought match, and Bremen's win over Lazio increases the fight for the 2nd spot.

This week, both Figo and Rui Costa played their 100th game in the UEFA competitions, with Figo's games only in the champions league.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Liverpool needs to win the rest of the qualifying matches in order to (probably) go to the next round.

In other news, Milan did awesome with a 4-1 win. All of their goals comes or started from corner kicks and Gilardino scored two!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Epul's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, in my opinion, without Fernando Torress in the side, Liverpool doesn't look dangerous at all.... Kuyt just doesn't score enough....
    Same can be said about Man utd though. I can't imagine what would happen if Rooney or Tevez get injured. So I hope they stay injury free and united must find another striker when the transfer window starts in January. United still has Saha but he gets injured too many times...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Seiken's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Being norwegian myself, it's nice seeing our teams winning out in Europe. And about bloody time too!
    This was the first time Rosenborg has won at home in Champions League for 6 years.

It still amazes me, how can a team that most likely won't to qualify to the UEFA-cup (At 6th place at the moment, ) beat Valencia in CL? The wonders of football...

Be yourself; Everyone else is taken

Thanks RaZe for the awesome sig!

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimaru Gin n Tonic View Post
    Liverpool needs to win the rest of the qualifying matches in order to (probably) go to the next round.

In other news, Milan did awesome with a 4-1 win. All of their goals comes or started from corner kicks and Gilardino scored two!
    Yeah, the most unlikely has happened in this group. Porto is fighting with Marseille for the 1st spot and Liverpool will have to sweat alot to get to the 2nd place. I find this perfect for Porto, that has only need to win our home games against the 'weaker' teams and let liverpool win against Marseille for their and our own good :P (1st spot, here we go)

You enhanced Gilardino, but I'd enhance Seedorf the most in that game. Both Gilardino's goals were greatly assisted by him and Seedorf scored 2 goals of his own. Amazing performance (please open your eyes, mr van Basten!)

Quote Originally Posted by Epul View Post
    Well, in my opinion, without Fernando Torress in the side, Liverpool doesn't look dangerous at all.... Kuyt just doesn't score enough....
    Same can be said about Man utd though. I can't imagine what would happen if Rooney or Tevez get injured. So I hope they stay injury free and united must find another striker when the transfer window starts in January. United still has Saha but he gets injured too many times...
    I agree, that's why I'd love to see Drogba playin in MU... that'd be unbelievable! Still, I'd like united to reinforce their side backs. Evra is playing fine, but he's the only one they have... O'shea and Wes Brown both play better in the center and even there I prefer Silvestre over them... Daniel Alves in MU would be nice, but Sevilla is making his transfer hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken View Post
    Being norwegian myself, it's nice seeing our teams winning out in Europe. And about bloody time too!
    This was the first time Rosenborg has won at home in Champions League for 6 years.

It still amazes me, how can a team that most likely won't to qualify to the UEFA-cup (At 6th place at the moment, ) beat Valencia in CL? The wonders of football...
    Heh congrats for Rosenborg, that's an amazing result! Still it will be very hard for them to reach even the UEFA. Its probably the stronger group and Rosenborg has still 2 away games to play. Valencia will certainly recover from this result and I still believe they will make it to the next round.

As the upcoming football weekend, we'll have a Schalke x Bremen in germany. In the premiership, Chelsea will play against a very strong Man. City in stamford, Arsenal is visiting Liverpool's anfield on Sunday
    In spain, Sevilla plays at home with Valencia, Royal plays with Depor and in Serie A, Milan-Roma is the main match. Inter visits Palermo and Juve visits Napoli. I can predict many title candidates are going to loose points, since all of them have very tough opponents.

As for today, in UEFA cup, I'd like to enhance 3 very nice games: Tottenham is playing with Getafe, Locomotiv is playing with Atletico Madrid and Vilarreal with Fiorentina.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched a lot of good games this week, none of the final scores reflected the match itself though. That's what makes soccer great I guess, you can have possession of the ball all game and still lose the game from one or two seconds worth of game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Epul's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Man United beat Middlesbrough 4-1!! Rooney, Nani with a goal and Tevez scored two goals. Rooney and Tevez partnership was awesome!!!
    But the real shocking result is the Chelsea vs. Man City game. Chelsea beat Man City 6-0!!!! Shocking result..... With Man City recent good form before this game, I definitely did not see this one coming..... another wonders of football....

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that game was awesome, Epul!! I was jumping up and down (figuratively), everytime United score!
    Yeah, looks like it's good players & unknown manager prevailed over average players & good manager. Man City will be shopping in January.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah who would've believed it, chelsea winning 6-0 against the sensational man city... I guess a great team like theirs is unaffected by internal problems. I'm very surprised many players show such dedication even after manifesting their wish to leave the club, specially Drogba who made that wish of his public.

As for the other games, Arsenal draw in Anfield in an amazing match. Gerrard is definitely back to his best shape, after that injury and overplaying for L'pool and England reduced his shape level.
    In Spain, Barça won 'only' 2-0 with a very motivated Almería. Sevilla gave Valencia a justified 3-0. For real, Valencia is going from bad to worse... something's gotta change. Although Sevilla's former coach, Juande Ramos, went to Tottenham, Manolo Jiménez, the assistant manager, had no problems keeping the team's strength the same.
    Real Madrid won 3-1 with Depor, but they only got the lead at the final 10 minutes.

In Italy, Milan's doing really bad. I saw them loose against Roma in San Siro, 1-0. Its not like Milan played bad, but they didnt play enough for a team who's at 13th spot, trying to win the league. I think its the end for Milan's title aspirations this year. As for Inter, they got the draw against Palermo, but as Juve lost and Fiorentina drawed(what's the past simple for draw? I think its Not drawed... but who cares :P) Inter remains in the lead. Roma used their win to get to the 2nd place.

One last look at Germany, where Shalke and Bremen tied 1-1 and Dortmund 0-0 wit Bayern. Hamburg is climbing up, with their victory this week. 5 points separate them from Bayern. In portugal there's no TV coverage of Bundesliga, but I'm sure van der Vaart is playing amazing, as ever. I hope to see him in Inter soon, they sure need a number 10 :P

Thread Closed
Page 31 of 167 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast