Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member *Mel*'s Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread

LOL Thanks ^^
    Anyway at least libertadores SP is going to win for sureeeeeeeeeeee XD

^^ Credits to split =D

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity rykarreolacr's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's currently the best Sao Paulo player?

And btw, anything you need just PM me or add me to MSN or whatever.
    Kitty Got Wet

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member *Mel*'s Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Rogerio Ceni is one of the best players in São Paulo ^^

Oh OK, I'll =D

^^ Credits to split =D

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, looks like we got a source for brazillian soccer news. You can post here about what's happening in your league and about your favourite team, *Mel*.

Btw, Indonesia draw 2-2 against Singapore yesterday in the AFF Cup (previously Tigers Cup) while Vietnam pwned Laos 9-0. That means Indonesia is going home. We definitely need better players, can't keep on blaming the coach.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity rykarreolacr's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Mel*
    I think that Rogerio Ceni is one of the best players in São Paulo ^^
    I've heard of that guy. Must be very good. ^^

Oh, ichi, I'm sorry about Indonesia. Good luck next time.
    Kitty Got Wet

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, i just read up about Rogerio Ceni. Awesome!

Thanks, ryk. at this rate my country will reach the world cup finals after nobody is interested in football anymore, which is like never gonna happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Epul's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ichimaru_gin_n_tonic
    Well, looks like we got a source for brazillian soccer news. You can post here about what's happening in your league and about your favourite team, *Mel*.

Btw, Indonesia draw 2-2 against Singapore yesterday in the AFF Cup (previously Tigers Cup) while Vietnam pwned Laos 9-0. That means Indonesia is going home. We definitely need better players, can't keep on blaming the coach.
    I think that indonesia players are good enough. they are just a tad unlucky. Sometimes you need luck. You don't believe me? look at Malaysia. They did not pla that well but they go through. It is just luck sometimes...

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, after watching two games against Vietnam and Singapore, i personally think the defense can use a whole lot of work.

Anyway, there will be two great matches for EPL tomorrow, Liverpool vs Chelsea and Super Sunday match between Arsenal vs Manchester United. So, if you have any plan for the weekend, dont forget to put those two matches in your agenda. [br]Posted on: January 19, 2007, 12:17:17 AM_________________________________________________Some football news:

- Manchester United has made a fresh offer to Bayern Munchen's midfielder Owen Hargreaves. Man Utd made an offer for the Canadian born England midfielder before the season starts but Bayern turned it down. Will Hargreaves moved to Man Utd? I certainly hope so.

- Feyenoord Rotterdam have been disqualified by UEFA from the UEFA Cup competition because of crowd violence. Moral of the story: If you caused a riot, your team pays for it.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, there will be two great matches for EPL tomorrow, Liverpool vs Chelsea and Super Sunday match between Arsenal vs Manchester United. So, if you have any plan for the weekend, dont forget to put those two matches in your agenda.
    Yeah I'm up for it ^^. Chelsea vs Liverpool. I got to say Liverpool. Chelsea is strangely inconsistent compared to the 2 previous years.

And Arsenal But as much as I support Arsenal, MU is in great form now. Definitely a great match ^^

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Seiken's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, Man Utd sure is desperate to get Hargreaves. I somewhat hope he wont move to Man Utd, as it will make them even better. But since he wants to go to Man Utd, they should let him go. Alas, what will happen to £16,000,000 signing Michael Carrick? Seems like he was just as big a failure like Shevchenko in Chelsea!

As for the matches this weekend, I have one wish:
    That Arsenal makes the Man Utd-players hang their heads in shame after being thrashed at Ashburton! Moahahaha!!!

Be yourself; Everyone else is taken

Thanks RaZe for the awesome sig!

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, whatever the outcome may be, i think we're gonna see great EPL action this weekend.

I just saw Lampard's interview for the match against Liverpool, he said Chelsea will struggle hard to gain their loss in recent matches. And Peter Cech won't be recovering soon, unlike what Mourinho said about his goalie's fitness.

La Liga News: Real lost on away aggregate to Real Betis in Copa Del Rey. After a grueling 1-1 draw, Lost in Galacticos suffered a defeat, even after scoring three goals, two of them was considered offside by the ref. Meanwhile, Beckham sits in the tribune during the match. While his 128 pounds (around $ 250 million) transfer to LA Galaxy sparked some unpleasant comments from his future team mates. Galaxy player Peter Vagenas said that Becks' 63,000 pound/year wage is around 500 times larger than other players weekly paycheck. Beckham claimed that his move to Galaxy is not just for the cash. I got me a feeling Posh has something to do with this.
    The former Man Utd and El Real midfielder also said that he consulted Tom Cruise before moving to LA. Does this mean he'll be converting to Scientology?
    Posh also seems to be excited about her husband's move to LA, she was seen shopping for a new house, some said that she even went as far as checking out the King of Pop's Neverland.

LA Galaxy will be holding an audition to be in a team with Beckham. The team will held the event in February 10th, everyone with $130 and football skill will have a shot to make the team. Anyone interested?

Enough of Beckham, now some more football news:

UEFA 2006 "All-Star" Team
    UEFA has announced their 2006 team. After closing the poll in their official website (http://uefa.com) with votes from 390,000 users, this is the result:

Players:
    Gianluigi Buffon (Juve/Italy), Gianluca Zambrotta (Barca/Italy), Fabio Cannavaro (Madrid/Italy), Carles Puyol (Barca/Italia), Philip Lahm (Bayern/German), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool/England), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal/Spain), Kaka' (AC Milan/Brazil), Ronaldinho (Barca/Brazil), Thierry Henry (Arsenal/France), Samuel Eto'o (Barca/Cameroon).

Coach: Frank Rijkaard (Barca/Netherlands)

Houllier sets his eyes on Milan, Baros that is
    Lyon's manager, Gerard Houllier, is currently considering having Aston Villa and Czech international, Milan Baros, to his team's line-up. This could mean trouble for their Norwegian striker John Carew. Will the 25 year old Baros moved to Lyon? I know someone in MH would hate to see that.

Raul is disappointed with Calderon
    Real's golden boy and former Spain captain, Raul Gonzales expressed his disappointment over Real's current President, Ramon Calderon, who made a speech in Villanueva University Centre. Raul said Calderon speech sounded more like critics towards his own team. Calderon made a public apology to his team and staff member on Wednesday but will El Real really forgive him?

That's it for now

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Houllier sets his eyes on Milan, Baros that is
    Lyon's manager, Gerard Houllier, is currently considering having Aston Villa and Czech international, Milan Baros, to his team's line-up. This could mean trouble for their Norwegian striker John Carew. Will the 25 year old Baros moved to Lyon? I know someone in MH would hate to see that.
    And it seems like Carew may be transfered to Aston Villa at the same time (though the Werder Bremen wants him too). And if that means Lyon keep their hands off Piquionne, I'd be quite happy should they get Milan Baros. Not that they need him to win the Ligue 1 this year anyway

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Baros moving to Lyon could mean more goals for them, including last minute goals. I hope they'll stay away from St. Etienne's player now that Houllier's targeting Baros.

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Binky's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Celtic fan, so sadly my main interest is in one of the 'backwater leagues', but this season has nevertheless been a hilarious and interesting season, Rangers are in the worst state they've ever been in at any point in my life-time, Paul Le Guen was a complete failure, and it comes on the back of a disastrous season for them last year, their chairman Sir David "Smoke and Mirrors, The Mint, Lord Moonbeam" Murray is now refusing to give any serious financial backing, their youth programme is poor, they resort to betraying their country and stealing our national team manager (Who's not that great anyway, sadly we'll no doubt appoint another Rangers reject - Alex McLeish as his successor) to be their new coach... It's a fantastic spectacle.

Meanwhile, we soar majestically into the last 16 of the Champions' League, with the best home record in Europe (We are just a wee bit crap away, mind you), 17 points ahead in the league, Nakamura emerging as an absolute genius, buying up all the best talent in Scotland, things are looking up. There are some problems though, Gravesen and Jarosik are absolutely terrible, but hopefully we'll replace them with Thomson and Brown from Hibs, with Sno stepping into the Lennon role next year. We might lose our goalkeeper, Boruc, who's been great, which'd be sad, but given the over-inflated English market we should be trying to get £8-12 million from Arsenal or whoever (Knowing our luck, we'll get about £500K ), Scotland is blessed with goalkeeping talent, and if we got anything near that, we now have a decent replacement with Mark Brown signed this week, or we could go for Craig Gordon or whoever.

Scottish football as a whole is in a weird state, some claim it's the weakest it's ever been, others point to the fact that we've had two different teams in the last 16 of the CL in consecutive years, Hearts and Hibs are the strongest they've been in years, Aberdeen are resurgent, and pushing for their rightful place in second, Dundee United are a bit away yet, but they've finally got a good manager, and if they give him some money they could get, even if not fully back to the glory days of smashing Barcelona in the Camp Nou, at least back to the top four or five. The Scottish national team is of course not doing too badly these days, and whilst our position at the top of the group containing Italy, France and Ukraine (Word Cup winners, WC Finalists and WC Quarter-Finalists respectively) may be flattering, we're still probably better than Ukraine, and good enough to finish third and fight for second. That said, the managerial situation is far from ideal, with Wally Smith turning traitor to the Forces of Darkness and McLeish (Who got Rangers to a mighty 3rd place last season likely to succeed him)...

This are uber-long post, but in summation, I hope we beat AC Milan, I have always had a liking for Inter, and this season, exactly forty years after our last European Cup win, I'd like to see us do well. We've beaten better teams that Milan over two legs in the past, so why the hell not?

P.S. Best wishes to two ex-Celts now plying their trades in England, Henrik Larsson and Paul Lambert, representing the only two World Class players we've had in the last, oh... 20+ years (?), all the best at Man U and Wycombe. Legends both.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to be spiteful and wish ill on Petrov, a truly loathesome individual.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Seiken's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

John Carew, will you ever settle down? He is seriously starting to annoy me. Especially since the biggest newspaper in Norway, VG, loves to write about him and John arne Riise (I REALLY dispise that one) all the freaking time!

Fun fact: Thierry Henry has said once that he would love to play with Carew at Arsenal.

Scary thought? Oh yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binky
    EDIT: Whoops, forgot to be spiteful and wish ill on Petrov, a truly loathesome individual.
    Oh? Why so?

Be yourself; Everyone else is taken

Thanks RaZe for the awesome sig!

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast