Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 53 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by walkie View Post
    waooww european championship is getting closer every day..and there is not much time left before turkey beats portugal

seriously guys, i just want some outsider opinions about turkey and qualifying from that group, do you think we can make it?

Turkey
    Portugal
    Czech
    Switzerland
    Turkey? I got a couple friends who are Turkish. And no i dont think u guys will make it but if u do I hope you take out Portugal, I hate them. They took out England last World Cup, that pissed me off. This Euro championship isnt gonna be as exciting for me cause stupid England didnt even qualify

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mendes's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    Turkey? I got a couple friends who are Turkish. And no i dont think u guys will make it but if u do I hope you take out Portugal, I hate them. They took out England last World Cup, that pissed me off. This Euro championship isnt gonna be as exciting for me cause stupid England didnt even qualify
    And dont forget the Euro 04! xD I hope we continue to piss you off for many time :P

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendes View Post
    And dont forget the Euro 04! xD I hope we continue to piss you off for many time :P
    More like Scolari pisses us off. 02, 04, and 06...i really dont like that man. >.>

Anyway today is the Fa cup final, im feel like rooting for the underdogs cardiff city, but if portsmouth wins then a chance a english team will get to the uefa cup final will be higher. So im kinda stuck in a dilema, i think ill just see who plays the better football.

And i never laughed harder. It might be true, but i just have this picture of mancini telling figo to go and make ancelotti sleep with the fishes, and i cant get it out. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendes View Post
    LOL, damn you guys, Christiano and his ugly smile, I only respect Ronaldo cause he plays for Man U but other than that I hate his guts

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rtyd1's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It was the cheeky wink at Rooney when he got sent off that pissed of the england fans and the press

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

*nostalgic memories :'D*

Well, Inter won the Serie A in the last sprint match. Zlatan saved this season for Inter, coming from injury he entered minute 50 and scored 2 goals soon after, breaking the tie and specially, breaking Inter's nervousness with Roma winning in the Catania match at that time. Figo says he'll play for another season, which is nice, I love watching him play.

In Spain, we wont have Sevilla in the CL this time. Atletico Madrid will take its place. Valencia saved their asses in the last matches and got themselves a 10th spot. They'll play the UEFA cup next season via Copa del Rey.

Porto *snif* lost the cup final with Sporting CP. 2-0 in the extra time. Its been pretty obvious to me that Porto's players have already closed the store since they won the league. Most players are already thinking of the club they will represent next... and Bosingwa... well, he didnt play, because Chelsea demanded that he wouldnt play the final so that he wouldnt get injured -_- His transfer was inevitable, but the timing was horrible. I cant believe Porto actually didnt use him coz of Chelsea's demands...

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I was watching the inter game, they were stumbling and bumbling until zlatan came on. The guy on his third shot won the title for them. He came on and then BAM! Goal. But more importantly Milan wont be playing in the CL, I - the ever bitter arsenal fan - wish luck to flamini in the coming uefa cup, i hope he does really well.

Quote Originally Posted by rtyd1 View Post
    It was the cheeky wink at Rooney when he got sent off that pissed of the england fans and the press
    That wasnt only it, he was also trying to get him sent off. Rooney deserved the red card for trying to destroy carvalho's familey jewels but their was no reason for ronaldo to run across the pitch and complain to the ref and try to get his teammate sent off. Then came the "wink". And as Shearer - ever the gentleman - kindly put it "If i was rooney i would stick one in him" -> that is how everyone felt (...and i really wont be surprised if rooney did >.>). But if you look at it, it was club vs country and the fact that country won should not really be surprising.
    Last edited by Imperium; May 19, 2008 at 02:10 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Ronaldo has said that he was just complaining that it was a foul to the referee not that it was a red card offence, Can we believe him though.
    If you see the replay there was no malice in rooney when he reduced Carvalho's sperm count it was an accident and he should not have been sent off

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Ronaldo has said that he was just complaining that it was a foul to the referee not that it was a red card offence, Can we believe him though.
    If you see the replay there was no malice in rooney when he reduced Carvalho's sperm count it was an accident and he should not have been sent off
    Yea, he wasnt even looking where he was stepping to be honest. But the referee said it was "violent conduct" and i do see where he was coming from. But im sure it could have easily been a yellow or even just a lecture since rooney wasnt looking...but ronaldo came in with his badgering so he had no choice i guess. That kind of tackle could be anything from a red to a lecture...and i guess ronaldo knew that and tried to get the best out of it...>.>;

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no doubt Ronaldo behaved like a right twat in approaching the ref, i think some kind of rule should be imposed that only the captain can approach the ref or its a booking for the player

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I've discussed with you guys this matter of the captain isnt as important in most countries in comparison to as it is in England. And in Portugal, we actually couldnt care less who the captain is. Its just a symbolic 'title' given to the player with the most international games.

As for Ronaldo crying for Rooney's expulsion... I must say that's totally his style. What'd you expect? Its not club vs country, its just his dumb personality and bad attitude. If he had thought that trough, he'd think of the implications it would bring in the club and in the supporters. He was really lucky with the outcome of it, with Rooney saying it was past waters and Fergunson pointing their friendship. Ronaldo's shape increase was also very important. Merit for him on that

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ronaldo also said in the same interview that he would do the same thing again if the same situation arose in a match and that he has no regrets. Im guessing this time though he'll be off to Madrid

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

ronaldo aint going to madrid, maybe in 2 seasons time but not next season. Ronaldo rulz!!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

A Man U fan i see good on ya. I think Ronaldo will move to Madrid before his carreer is up but not this year unless he does something stupid. Btw i dont think 100 million is enough for Ronaldo, he'll earn the club more than that if they keep wining like this season

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

A Man U fan i see good on ya. I think Ronaldo will move to Madrid before his carreer is up but not this year unless he does something stupid. Btw i dont think 100 million is enough for Ronaldo, he'll earn the club more than that if they keep wining like this season
    yh when he does leave, i'm sure we can buy a handful of good players, and we do have nani.

Thread Closed
Page 53 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast