Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 71 of 167 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2503

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mendes View Post
    Keane is a huge striker, but I never saw L'pool out of options for the attack. The price they paid for him seems a little too far as well. Still, I think he'll do a very strong attacking pair with el niño and with Gerrard behind.
    I have a bad feeling that Keane will most likely to sit on the bench with Liverpool. But that's just me. What i'm saying is, Liverpool already got a great lineup, even without Keane. And eventhough Keane is awesome both as attacking midfield or as a forward, his chance of being in the starting eleven is a bit slim in liverpool.

Quote Quote:
    The market in England's not as active as the Spanish. Real Madrid isnt giving up Ronaldo and they seem to have about 85M€ ready for him even tough they just signed van der Vaart and they're attempting to buy Villa for about 40M€ as well. I wonder if their money is infinite...
    That's why they're called Lost Galacticos. The sky's the limit. Maybe they got like 5 Abrahamovich supporting Real.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mendes's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimaru Gin n Tonic View Post
    I have a bad feeling that Keane will most likely to sit on the bench with Liverpool. But that's just me. What i'm saying is, Liverpool already got a great lineup, even without Keane. And eventhough Keane is awesome both as attacking midfield or as a forward, his chance of being in the starting eleven is a bit slim in liverpool.
    And that just increases L'pool's chances of success this season. With Keane they have a player that can replace any striker or attacking midfielder with great class. I wonder if the reds will settle down in the premier league this year. Its about time they do...

Quote Quote:
    That's why they're called Lost Galacticos. The sky's the limit. Maybe they got like 5 Abrahamovich supporting Real.
    They must have... and they're not shy at all to spend that money. I mean, last year they placed Robben on the bench for the whole season. He used to enter the match after 80 minutes played. Now they have Vaart and they're looking for Ronaldo as well... Shouldnt they at least sell a player or 2? I heard Robinho was leaving, but I heard he was not as well. I think next season Real Madrid will have the best 11 and a bench capable of winning the champions league by itself

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

They must have... and they're not shy at all to spend that money. I mean, last year they placed Robben on the bench for the whole season. He used to enter the match after 80 minutes played. Now they have Vaart and they're looking for Ronaldo as well... Shouldnt they at least sell a player or 2? I heard Robinho was leaving, but I heard he was not as well. I think next season Real Madrid will have the best 11 and a bench capable of winning the champions league by itself
    That's always been the thing with Real Madrid, they buy every good/great players just to make them sit on the bench a whole season long. In EPL, Chelsea is starting that "trend" now with so many good players on their side.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimaru Gin n Tonic View Post
    It depends on where benitez wants keane to play. Most people think, he will be partnering torres because to be honest kuyt and voronin are not going to get you goals, and from a couple of pre seasons matches they seemed to be developing that partnership. So i wont be surprised if does actually play. Probably right behind torres, in a second-striker role, flicking balls on etc

The main pre-season friendlies have started, and the most interesting one was Chelsea demolishing AC Milan 5-0. Anelka got four, maybe a sign of things to come. Anyway The Emirates cup is over, Hamburg won it, but it was still good practice for arsenal, juventus and real madrid.

And the only real surprise performer in the Emirates cup, was the 16-year old jack wilshere , he had a masterclass performance against juventus, and would have scored the goal of the pre-season if it wasnt for buffon, he then played the ending of the real madrid match, and stretched the madrid back line to breaking point (humiliating garcia in the process). He is going to be playing with the first team after his performances, and it would be interesting to see if he breaks the record for youngest player to play for arsenal (held by fabregas) Anyway thats enough drooling from me, but the boy is just amazing for a 16 year old!!!!

Oh, and we also broke sneijder. >.>

One of the funniest things ive seen this summer. Its bayern presenting their new kit, and i have a inclination that whoever thought this up has been having a little too much to drink (the best is at around 1:25 min XDDDD).
    Last edited by Imperium; August 03, 2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt watch the Emirates Cup, except for the ending of Real Madrid - Hamburg. The injury on Sjneider may just drive them forward into hiring van der Vaart as soon as possible.
    I watched Chelsea - Milan. The numbers dont fool. Chelsea was light years ahead of Milan in everything, and I'm really enjoying watching Chelsea's football. Deco has settled and very well in London and I'm sure he'll leave behind magic on the premier league as he plays. With a stronger Liverpool, the same Man U and an Arsenal without important and long injuries, this upcoming league has to be interesting!

Now, that Bayern's kit presentation was bizarre! loool watta hell?
    Speaking of funny moments, for those who havent seen it, you must see Chelsea's 3rd goal against Milan: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KrczZCNY7y0
    Milan's GK, Kalac, did a terrible match, to the point it started to be funny just to watch him fail again. But that miss on Anelka's goal was outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post

And the only real surprise performer in the Emirates cup, was the 16-year old jack wilshere , he had a masterclass performance against juventus, and would have scored the goal of the pre-season if it wasnt for buffon, he then played the ending of the real madrid match, and stretched the madrid back line to breaking point (humiliating garcia in the process). He is going to be playing with the first team after his performances, and it would be interesting to see if he breaks the record for youngest player to play for arsenal (held by fabregas) Anyway thats enough drooling from me, but the boy is just amazing for a 16 year old!!!!
    You speak of Aaron Ramsey, right? I think he's already turned 17, so he couldnt break Fabregas record. Still, its always incredible how Arsenal always turns these guys into monsters so quick
    Last edited by Mendes; August 04, 2008 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt watch the Emirates Cup, except for the ending of Real Madrid - Hamburg. The injury on Sjneider may just drive them forward into hiring van der Vaart as soon as possible.
    The injury seems bad, he'll be out for some time now. And to be honest im losing confidence in abou diaby, he seems like a red card waiting to happen. ^^; But madrid have acted, the officially sign VDV. Its a good signing for madrid, and from the prices being quoted(9 million euro's), its also one hell of a bargain (considering what players like barry and bentley are going for >.>).
    Quote Quote:
    Speaking of funny moments, for those who havent seen it, you must see Chelsea's 3rd goal against Milan: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KrczZCNY7y0
    Milan's GK, Kalac, did a terrible match, to the point it started to be funny just to watch him fail again. But that miss on Anelka's goal was outstanding!
    Lol, reminds me of lehman last season. Its funny too since kalac was saying not so long ago about how good the milan keepers are. XD
    Quote Quote:
    You speak of Aaron Ramsey, right? I think he's already turned 17, so he couldnt break Fabregas record. Still, its always incredible how Arsenal always turns these guys into monsters so quick
    No i was not speaking of ramsey xD (although he is also talented). I was speaking about this guy. He's just been added to the first team, after some amazing performances in pre-season. He is only a school boy and still hasnt signed a contract yet, but has a great future ahead of him.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Arsenal's age average mustnt exceed 21 years old... unbelievable.

Benfica hired Jose Antonio Reyes on loan from Atletico de Madrid. Its another great name for Benfica and I'm not liking it. They're still looking for a center forward and I just hope its Espanhol's Luis Garcia, coz at this rate they'd hire Henry or Rooney eventually. Its undoubtedly the best transfer market ever for Benfica and this portuguese league may get interesting at last.

C.Ronaldo is staying with United for one more year, but he's reserved by Real Madrid for 1 July 2009. I dont know if this is something official, but anyways this may work wrong for Ronaldo. Imagine a CL final between Man U and Real Madrid :P I guess Ronaldo would have to dress half red half blanco

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Epul's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

The EPL season finally starts!!!!
    watched a few games yesterday.
    Arsenal was impressive, but i feel they should have started with Van persie...... arsenal won 1-0 against west brom... should have scored more i think...
    Middlesbrogh was awesome against spurs. They won 2-1
    Liverpool...... they were boring! they won 1-0 but it's all thanks to torres.....

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressive is a bit of a over-statement. >.> Arsenal played well but they seemed jittery like in the CL qualifier against twente. Match sharpness, i suppose. The spurs match made my day, ahh, i suppose thats what happens when your team lacks balance. (2-1 was actually a compliment, the 1 goal they scored was a own goal in stoppage time). To be fair, i thought Sunderland deserved at least a draw against liverpool.

United drew with newcastle, i didnt watch the match so i dont know how well they did. But draw isnt bad at this stage but it might not give them the momentum they desired. As for chelsea....they...won...by a lot. >.>;;;

Transfer news, berbatov is very very close to going to united. And apparently robinho is also close to going to chelsea. Both good players. And wenger says he'll buy another player before the end of the window. But is not saying a word on who it is....*crosses fingers for cana >.>*

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I was mostly surprised with sunderland. They did very good against the reds. This is impressive coz last year sunderland sucked and they saved themselves from going to the second division almost like miracle. I didnt watch any other match, but I guess Chelsea is on fire. Deco is a great reinforcement and I can tell bosingwa will be as well.
    Nasri had the perfect 1st match for the gunners. It just reinforces the idea that Arsenal is stronger than last year as long as the injuries dont accomulate

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, Keane strengthened sunderland a lot. He got some good players from Tottenham, and he is hoping for a top ten finish. But its going to be difficult. There are some very good teams to get past.

England is playing on the 20th against the Czech's. It will be interesting to see how we do...hopefully becks doesnt play, and some playing time is given to the youngsters.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Portugal will be playing with the Faroé Islands on wednsday. Its Queiroz's first match and the new is... no Ricardo xD Finally we'll have a competent goalkeeper

In Spain, the supercup between Valencia (cup winner) and Real Madrid (league winner) had a 3-2 for Valencia 1st hand result in Mestalla. I guess the second hand will get interesting, with the away goals very important for the decision. Nistelrooy keeps on fire with 2 goals for Real in the 1st official match.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Other than his hesitations with crosses and corners, i always thought ricardo was a decent keeper.

We've signed silvestre....i dont know how to feel about it to be honest. (Half of me welcomes his experience and versatility but the other half is saying something along the lines of "GET THAT C*** OUT OF MY CLUB!!!" >.>). He's old, he's injury prone, and he's from the enemy...but i suppose he is a more attractive option for left back than traore. But please let this not be the signing wenger was speaking of.

And the England match is currently on, 1-1 atm. . 2-1 to the czechs, a good free-kick. And it also seems Italy is losing to austria 2-1.

Edit: Oh, god, he's been given cygans old number...i hope that isnt a sign of things to come.
    Last edited by Imperium; August 20, 2008 at 03:12 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

So Rivaldo is leaving us and going to Uzbekistan, to that team that wanted Eto..
    My club has seen better days, our president is also stepping down.

So how many days are left for Chelsey to buy Robinho? It seems like Real are finally willing to let him go, and they should, they treated him like trash.

By the way, are there any news for Katsouranis to transfer out of Benfica? Because we're not getting a lot of news about him anymore here.
    Last edited by Lohnt; August 25, 2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no further news about Katsouranis moving out of Benfica. Is he still in trouble for his fight with Luisao?

AC Milan just completed the signing of their former star Andriy Shevchenko. Milan is also getting Philippe Senderos from Arsenal on a one year loan deal.

Dimitar Berbatov have been given the permission to move from Tottenham Hotspur. Where will he go? We'll have to wait.

Galatasaray managed to sign Milan Baros from Lyon on a three year contract.

Thread Closed
Page 71 of 167 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast