Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Can Ichigo's hollow have a resurrecion?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 64.47%
  • No

27 35.53%
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion on Ichigo's Hollow

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member avantasian's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Discussion on Ichigo's Hollow

Do you think that on the next arc whatever that may be, or even later on, in this one Ichigo will find out that he can releash his inner hollow?

Obviously he cant even scratch Ulquiorra at this point let alone Aizen. He needs to get stronger!

I hear your opinions...
    Last edited by avantasian; February 14, 2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member EvolutionIX's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Ichigos hollow have a releash form?

Im heading towards a powerup not so much to a large scale as a inner hollow release...but it does sound plausible. If it were to happen, I would think a power-up of a smaller calibre such as a new shinigami type attack rather than one from the hollow side. Maybe a glimpse of where Zangetsu went...cause Zangetsu so far only taught Ichigo bankai and getsuga tenshou. I prefer Ichigo to be stronger as a shinigami than a Hollow. Its been a long time since the last time we've met Zangetsu...isnt it about time we see him again? Or has his inner hollow really taken over him?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kanzen Shinkiro's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I believe that Zangetsu and Ichigo's inner hollows are two parts of the same equation, both manifestations of the same force. Bluntly put, Ichigo's inner hollow and Zangetsu are the same.What I believe will happen is that Ichigo will ultimately be able to release his inner hollow powers to their full extent in the form of his mask becoming permanent for as long as he wishes it to, or as long as his reiatsu remains stable enough to hold its manifestation. With that, his natural abilities will probably be multiplied at lest tenfold. But that will perhaps be something saved for the final battles. In that state, Ichigo won't be invincible, but he will be quite the powerhouse. Hopefully some aesthetics about Ichigo will change, too, with his pseudo-release form.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he gets stronger when he manages to keep the mask permenantly bcoz he went all out with Ulquiorra and didnt do a scratch on him!
    Maybe its Huego Montos environment that is making him able to hold the mask for longer. i mean in huego monto everyonei s stronger bcoz of the environment.

On the other hand of course he has potential to get stronger as a shinigami cause he hasnt reached the pick like aizen.
    Last edited by avantasian; February 08, 2008 at 12:26 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is that the Hougyoku doesn't only remove a hollow's mask but it also gives a power boost by mixing shinigami powers with a hollow. An arrancar release is the release of his boosted power gained from the Hougyoku. For an example, GJ's original adjuca form was a panther and after using the Hougyoku on him, his mask was removed, he looked more like a human and he became more powerful.

When hollow-Ichigo (shirosaki as some call him) also looked like a human when he took over Ichigo's body but he still had his mask on. As far as I know, that form was a pure hollow form since Ichigo was being "sucked" by his hollow. So chances are if shinigami powers was mixed with shirosaki then yes he will have a release. However, In Ichigo's case it's not the hollow borrowing the shinigami power but the shinigami using his hollow powers (thus Ichi is a vizard). Shirosaki may have a release if he totally takes over Ichigo's body and becomes a full hollow but it's hard for me to see this happening. I also believe Shirosaki is not giving out all of his powers like cero and whatever attacks he knows with Zangetsu that Ichigo doesn't, Shirosaki is a horse after all...a wild horse who hasn't been tamed yet. My guess is that any power boost will come from "taming" Shirosaki and hopefully this will be something exciting to see in the future.

On a different note, Sado may have a use for the Hougyoku, he has defeated an ex espada using a newly acquired power so in a way it was a beginner hollow defeating an opponent who has hollow+shinigami powers which means Sado's hollow powers are above normal and if he ever gains shinigami powers he will be able to fight equally with espadas.
    Last edited by Silhouette; February 08, 2008 at 02:22 AM.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    When hollow-Ichigo (shirosaki as some call him) also looked like a human when he took over Ichigo's body but he still had his mask on. As far as I know, that form was a pure hollow form since Ichigo was being "sucked" by his hollow. So chances are if shinigami powers was mixed with shirosaki then yes he will have a release. However, In Ichigo's case it's not the hollow borrowing the shinigami power but the shinigami using his hollow powers (thus Ichi is a vizard). Shirosaki may have a release if he totally takes over Ichigo's body and becomes a full hollow but it's hard for me to see this happening. I also believe Shirosaki is not giving out all of his powers like cero and whatever attacks he knows with Zangetsu that Ichigo doesn't, Shirosaki is a horse after all...a wild horse who hasn't been tamed yet. My guess is that any power boost will come from "taming" Shirosaki and hopefully this will be something exciting to see in the future.
    I would agree mostly, ichigo wont have a hollow release with his mask on. But as he is able to hold his mask longer, i think he will also get a little stronger. I would agree that shirosaki is holding out on ichigo, but once they have their final confrontation ichigo should get a huge power boast and be able to make full or nearly full use of his hollow's powers. Im not expecting zangetsu to return until after that final confrontation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Darek Khort's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If we take the Anime's Opening Theme as any reference, you see Ichigo bursting into the 'tea' room aiming at Aizen with his mask on, but then it breaks, but Ichigo continues to smile as if it was meant to break.

Perhaps he truly will find a new form which doesn't involve the mask; if the opening theme has any real reference to what Tite is after.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amatersu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He still has some tricks to learn in hollow form, like firing ceros. I don't think it'll have its own release, but he'll learn some new tricks for sure.
    frack.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

If there is a releash form after all i just hope it wont be another mystical sayain gay kind of transformation that ichi will just take the mask off and gain more power.
    That would be stupid

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jannic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question.

I'd have to say that I expect some sort of new technique or Bankai form (what with Byakuya et al. having 30 million new ones when plot calls for it) before any more Hollow stuff - he's been getting Hollow upgrades to his identical Bankai since he got back from SS, it's time for a change or he'll just become a Shinigami candy coating around a rich, chocolatey Hollow core.

Eventually, I always figured that 'full Hollow' Ichigo from Vaizard training was way to cool to never see again - even if it's a "Demon Chopper" sort of form (for any OP readers) as a last resort, the regeneration and freakish strength would do the SS crew a lot of good if he could control it.
    -------------------
    Harvey Birdman: Mr. Boo Boo, would you consider yourself a revolutionary?
    Boo Boo Bear: Well, no. But I do believe corporations rob us of our dignity and independence, and that these systems must be ripped down, burnt down, or leveled by any force necessary.
    <Jury gasps. Awkward pause.>
    Boo Boo Bear: But that's just one little bear's opinion.
    Harvey Birdman: A cute, fuzzy little bear. The Defence rests!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Ichigos hollow have a release form?

^ Well, I don't know. The Vaizards were able to hold their own against him like that, and they were holding back so they wouldn't kill him. Remember, only Love was going to use his mask, and Kensei was the only one who may have released. I think that scene was meant to show that the hybrid form is stronger than either straight Hollow or shinigami could ever be.

On topic, a Ressurecion-type release may be possible. We don't know much about the Vaizards, after all. But if they could match Ichigo ith no mask and no regular release, then he'd still have a long way to go before he caught up with them either way. So I'd rather see how Kubo would do without.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amatersu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gigantor21 View Post
    ^ Well, I don't know. The Vaizards were able to hold their own against him like that, and they were holding back so they wouldn't kill him. Remember, only Love was going to use his mask, and Kensei was the only one who may have released. I think that scene was meant to show that the hybrid form is stronger than either straight Hollow or shinigami could ever be.

On topic, a Ressurecion-type release may be possible. We don't know much about the Vaizards, after all. But if they could match Ichigo ith no mask and no regular release, then he'd still have a long way to go before he caught up with them either way. So I'd rather see how Kubo would do without.
    That's a really good point about the Ressurecion release. I mean, we did see some of the Hollow's form when Ichigo was going through the process.

Also, when Shinji fought off Grimjow, he just used his mask and didn't release his sword at all. That's a huge amount of power for just putting the mask on, considering Ichigo goes Ban-kai and hollow.
    frack.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jannic View Post
    Good question.

I'd have to say that I expect some sort of new technique or Bankai form (what with Byakuya et al. having 30 million new ones when plot calls for it) before any more Hollow stuff - he's been getting Hollow upgrades to his identical Bankai since he got back from SS, it's time for a change or he'll just become a Shinigami candy coating around a rich, chocolatey Hollow core.

Eventually, I always figured that 'full Hollow' Ichigo from Vaizard training was way to cool to never see again - even if it's a "Demon Chopper" sort of form (for any OP readers) as a last resort, the regeneration and freakish strength would do the SS crew a lot of good if he could control it.
    the moment SS finds out ichigo has hollow powers at all (and some already know: byakuya, renji and rukia). It is only the question if the other shinigami already know about this, if they do they will simply banish ichigo or worse try to kill him.
    On topic again, ichigo has at this point 3 more abilities to learn AT least: That weird gray stuff (wich popped out during his hollow supression time with the other vaizards), the instant regeneration and the most obvious one Cero. I dont got a idea if he will gain anymore shinigami powers, unless zangetsu comes back he wont as shirosaki will only learn him hollow powers (wich in his eyes are vastly superior anyway because they are hollow)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

wow ... for inner-hollow ichigo to have a release form ? that would just completely put ichigos power over the edge but then again im not surprised since he IS once again the main character, yet we havent seen the vaizards true power so we cant count them out either.
    answer to the topic? i would go bold and say probably so

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hollow ichigo's next appearance!

The first time Hollow Ichigo appeared, Ichio learned to rely and trust on zangetsu, to draw power from it and finally that Ichigo needed to comunicate more with him since just knowing zangetsu's name is not enough.

The second time Hollow Ichigo appeared, Ichigo fought for dominance over his body and remain the king. After proving he had what it takes to remain king he also got the ability to use his hollow powers to get a massive boost in power. And we all learned a bit of what was going on inside Ichigo between Hollow Ichigo and Zangetsu.

AT the end of the second fight this happens:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/221/17/
    Hollow Ichigo says that if Ichigo really wants to use hollow Ichigo's true power he has to wait until his next appearance.

When do you think Hollow Ichigo's next appearance will be?
    What did Hollow Ichigo mean by Ichigo obtaining his true power?
    What will Ichigo get from this fight besides hollow Ichigo's true power?
    Will Zangetsu ever be dominant over Hollow Ichigo ever again?

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast