Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist by Arakawa Hiromu

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Fullmetal Alchemist by Arakawa Hiromu

Dunno why there isnt a thread for this yet, as it is by far the best series out there imo XD

Quote Originally Posted by Khal
    Title: Full Metal Alchemist

Author: Arakawa Hirumo

Summary: The story is about two brothers, Alphonse and Edward Elric, who tried to revive their dead mother using alchemy, but something went horribly wrong: Alphonse was taken by the powers they unleashed, and Edward lost his leg. Shocked by what just happened, Edward tried to bring his brother back, but as a sacrifice to take back his brother's soul and fuse it into an armour, he had to transmute his own arm, leaving him with only two limbs left. Now Alphonse, whose soul is fixed to an armour, and Edward, who now got a mechanic leg and arm, have to find a way of retrieving their former bodies, and have started a quest to find or make the legendary "Philosopher's Stone" to reach their goal.

Details: 57 Chapters released, but ongoing, and it's from Shounen GanGan ( monthly magazine ), so more pages per chapter compared to Naruto. ( think 18 < 45 or something ). Dunno how many volumes that is though...

Why You Recommend It: Because it's so damn funny, the hasn't been a part of the manga yet that i don't like, because every character is cool or cute in his own way, and because the main character is strong to begin with

Where to Get It: www.stoptazmo.com/full_metal_alchemist/ is always a possibility, but i'm sure there are lot's of better sites around, try MangaTraders if you like... though as always, IRC is the best option
    So, 59 chapters so far, 60 coming soon. Discuss, tell me i'm the manga is great and why, and perhaps decide you want to do translations for this awesome manga, in which case you can pm an admin and get the series it's own subforum, which would be awesome. =D

As this thread is for discussion too, it might get spoilerish from now on, but for this post only i'll protect you by using tabs

Spoiler show

Full Metal Alchemists Forum is now closed. All discussion can now return to this thread. To view the old forum follow this link.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 12, 2011 at 07:22 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Full Metal Alchemist

Uhm doenst that mean that the manga progresses really slow ? 4x18 pages or 1x45 ? Just as a question because I havent read it yet. Or did i get something wrong maybe ?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it does progress more slowly then SJ manga's, but there's a lot of manga's that are published monthly btw, like for example 666Satan[br]Posted on: June 12, 2006, 03:25:14 AM_________________________________________________Another thing about FMA is the complete lack of dragonball z-ish powerups ( well, not complete lack perhaps, but far far less ). No big "change in strength" of the main character either, he's relatively strong in the beginning, and he stays about the same level.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I may check it out later, but 60 D.Gray-Man and 108 Death Note chapters are still waiting >.< but it sounds interesting.I just know the name from many ps2 games I've seen here.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the anime and saw the movie and I absolutely love them both. I'm only on like volume 6 or 7 of the manga but it's very good also. Has a lot of MAJOR differences with the anime, which is why I started reading it. I don't know which I like better but hopefully the manga impresses me more.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

The manga is one of the best ones I've read ever. Massively better than the anime too, especially after volume 7 when Ling first shows up and all.

btw, chapter 60 got released yesterday: check it out over at www.zomgfta.com
    the only ones that are still scanlating it, praise them \o/

=D 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tamerlane's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the FMA series.

Quote Originally Posted by Khal
    Discuss, tell me i'm the manga is great and why, and perhaps decide you want to do translations for this awesome manga, in which case you can pm an admin and get the series it's own subforum, which would be awesome. =D
    I would be soooo happy if this manga was picked up by Manga Helpers. Currently it seems like there is only one group really doing scanlations, and even just translations would be wonderful. FMA already has a very large fanbase and it could bring some new people here that would contribute to the forums a lot.

*casts her vote for FMA*

o_o

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i cast my vote to FMA too.. i love that series..but it's going too slowly..
    Our Bot, who art in IRC, hallowed be thy nick. Thy xdcc come, Thy send be accepted, on our script as it is in normal mIRC. Give us this day our daily manga, and forgive us our leechings. As we forgive n00bs who pestered us a lot. Do not lead us into downtime, but deliver us from Yaoi. AMEN

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, well, i remember someone telling me that "they" are planning to make a few (6?) more anime episodes after the ending and the movie... that would be awesome. Perhaps it was Miso who said that? I'll have to ask her when she gets back. XD

Anyway, Ling...
    Spoiler: chapter 55+? show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hi...i'm new here...and this is my first post

this is a really good manga...i actually prefer it to the anime
    i didn't like how the anime made the series seem sad...plus..it didn't have as much humour

and in response to the spoiler question...it is ling

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

yes it is ling.. no i'm not *chuckle* laughing at all..really you didn't mess up, why should i *chuckle* laugh?

*slaps* - Khal
    *dodge* - Karasu
    *watches as Karasu stumbles into the prepared "spike-gap" trap* - Khal
    *変わり身の術!! (Kawarimi no Jutsu!!) FLASH!! watches Khal fell into the "spike-gap" instead* - karasu
    Our Bot, who art in IRC, hallowed be thy nick. Thy xdcc come, Thy send be accepted, on our script as it is in normal mIRC. Give us this day our daily manga, and forgive us our leechings. As we forgive n00bs who pestered us a lot. Do not lead us into downtime, but deliver us from Yaoi. AMEN

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The newest chapter is awesome.....but I really dislike the crimson alchemist, he pisses me off....anyways...EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS SERIES

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fireballer666
    The newest chapter is awesome.....but I really dislike the crimson alchemist, he pisses me off....anyways...EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS SERIES
    Hehe, he's even worse in the anime

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

hm.. i love the flashbacks..
    but if they're slow, i wish they would've continue the storyline instead...

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i havent gotten around to reading the series yet but i have been meaning to after i was gyped by the anime (the movie left some closure but why the fuck did it have to end in the real world?). It is just a little tedious re-reading what i saw in the anime but people say that stuff is different (i think it was FMA, maybe another manga) even in the stuff that followed the manga, so at what point does the anime actually branch off from the manga so i can read from there.

New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast