Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Zettai Karen Children by Shiina Takashi

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zettai Karen Children by Shiina Takashi

About Chapter 150:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kioras's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know, the supplements are more or less 4 panel funnies before the chapter, don't think they should be taken too seriously.

As far as relationships, not sure how far they develope in the time being...
    There is a mistaken proverb which tells us that those who are ignorant of the past are condemned to repeat it. In fact, they're lucky if they're allowed to repeat it. More probably, they're condemned to something even worse than the past. This is doubly true of those who believe that their ignorance somehow makes them morally superior to those who don't share it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner idk123's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theopguru View Post
    About Chapter 150:
    Spoiler show
    Hahaha you know while reading this, I also get the inkling that Shiho and Sakaki may develop something. You can tell with all their bickering and how it tends to get to a love/hate thing later on throughout the chapters. They are hilarious.

For Minamoto and Kaoru, their relationship is starting to really pick up and shouldnt be too long now that something happens that's either going to get Minamoto in trouble or push Kaoru away to PANDRA. For instance for the latest chapters that have come out in Japan (171-175 and up)
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on all this new stuff (I haven't read the latest RAWs yet), you think this series is going to head towards the bad, predicted end, or might we even get lucky enough the divert that future?

That's been the question that's driving me crazy... these current chapters are pointing down the bad end. Then again, I suppose not every manga I read can have a good/happy ending

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
    Don't know, the supplements are more or less 4 panel funnies before the chapter, don't think they should be taken too seriously.

As far as relationships, not sure how far they develope in the time being...
    The supplement do have relationship with the main stories. It's just more in comedy way (sometimes use to describe how the people turned out like that, example: Naomi when she was a kid, how Patty recovered.) Lately the supplements had used to write another small but continuous arc story, said by Shiina in his blog. So I suggest you can just take supplement as a notice for what might happen in main story XD.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Evilsqueakheads's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, I think it will be a few more years before Kaoru leaves, she was about 16 in that flashforward scene during the Patty arc. And from what I can gather, her "betrayal" will have very little to do with Minamoto or how he treats her.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner idk123's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evilsqueakheads View Post
    I dunno, I think it will be a few more years before Kaoru leaves, she was about 16 in that flashforward scene during the Patty arc. And from what I can gather, her "betrayal" will have very little to do with Minamoto or how he treats her.
    Yes, your right I do remember that flashscene during the Patty arc but do you really think it wont have anything to do with Minamoto? I mean yeah, there is a part way back in the manga where there is another flashfoward scene of Kaoru trying to get the girls to join her side because she left BABEL after seeing what the 'normals' do to ESP's and the experiments they do on them. I think Kaoru will leave out of care for all ESP beings but then again I think there will be another reason that could be related to Minamoto. Plus, lately in the manga Minamoto is begining to develop the same issues of coping with his feelings for Kaoru and believes if he, in any way, acts upon them could create 'trouble'.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my line of thoughts..
    I think the main reason lies with Black Phantom.
    All we know now is that Black Phantom is a normal people organization controlling Espers to create chaos.

So the future human/esper war should be Black Phantom (Or what left of them depending the story) versus PANDRA. (the future in the preductions)
    Why not BABEL? Most likely Major Hyobu have means far exceed BABEL in detecting and fighting Black Phantom. (Like the first assassination carried out by Barret.) BABEL on the other hand is unable to lend a hand due to PANDRA's extreme means and for legal and moral reasons. PANDRA is a criminal organization afterall. For all we know, Black Phantom might have ties with UN or any world superpowers that can hold back BABEL's chain of command.

This might be the part of the reason Kaoru left BABEL and why Shiho and Aoi decide to help her.

So i think the main solution is to fight Black Phantom together, BABEL and PANDRA which i think is very difficult based on "Police" and "Theif" cannot coexist under the same roof.

Here is another thought I got from reading today's chapter.
    Did Major Hyobu kill off those early BABEL members to prevent the creation of BABEL so that Kaoru might not be shot in the future? Since he was willing to use up all his life energy just to prevent that incident in the future.

Fujiko's assumption that love can save all, can only be true if Minamoto can give up everything to be with Kaoru, But that will not save the world but only Kaoru.

I wrote too much.. XD

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Solaris's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

You never write enough about what you like
    That is an interesting theory and it's proven by some sentence i remember in the anime stating the war being started by Black Phantom. Pity i don't remember what episode it was!

But what if Kaouru switched sides cause Minamoto killed Kyosuke instead? :P (just a provocative guess, not a flame start). Kyouske is never present in any precog vison or fast ffd flashback! Something or someone must have put him out of the scene in the future.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that that's probably because of the biggest reason why Kyousuke trying to make Kaoru his Queen- since he's around 80, he knows his time is limited. Hence I think that he's passed away by the time the vision comes around.

I have my own little theory on how things will work out. Ever notice that at least so far, none of the predictions have actually truly come true? Not even Igou's (I think that was the dolphin) actually worked out, and he was supposed to be the most accurate precog. I suspect that when that scene comes around (assuming it actually does happen...), that instead of shooting her, Minamoto will try to negotiate or do some sort of talk with Kaoru

although there are a couple of other things that have me quite curious. One is that in that future vision, you'll notice how none mention that they knew this would come, that Kaoru would become the Queen, and yet, they've now been clearly informed of this vision (well, except for the very tail end and most tragic part). I suspect the future already changing. And on top of that, as of the latest several chapters, we haven't been shown the future, and the future used to be shown quite often earlier on. A sign that the future is changing?

The other major bit is the vision agin. Notice how it cuts off after Minamoto shoots Kaoru and she gives her confession. It doesn't show what happens after that (at least as far as I recall). I highly doubt that Kaoru takes any fatal damage, and there might even be a reconciliation after the shot (normally, that would be unthinkable, but then again, in a situation like theirs, things never go the way you think they might). And remember the law of anime/manga- if you don't see them dead, they usually aren't... okay, so maybe that's more of a Sunrise rule, but you get the idea.

And I still am going to personally root for the first vision Minamoto got during the Psycho Divers arc... (and hence why I'm hoping Kaoru receives a necklace at some point)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Solaris's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

In the vision the city is already doomed by nuke falling by. Kaouru is forcing minamoto to shoot.

looks like Mianmoto doesn't want to shoot at first
    M: "kaoru stop it!!

while she's charging some (fake) attack
    K: "I loved you and i still do"
    like to say: "I trust you, doi it. I will live" (or something like that XD)

*bang*
    what did a fatal injury do to Kyousuke, Grisham and Fujiko?
    Awakened their full power potential...

Maybe Kaoru wanted to put her life on the line to gain the power to save everyone. And Minamoto is the only one whose hands would Kouru put her life into.

I bet the author has got something like that in mind *__________________*
    Last edited by Solaris; June 19, 2009 at 05:18 PM.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

The biggest worry about the prediction is not merely the issue of avoiding Kaoru's death, but erasing the entire root of the conflict altogether.

So far, even with predictions less than 100%, the only thing the Level 7 are capable of doing is avoiding deaths and casualties. The events leading up to the predictions however, remain. Even with the Igou incident, the accident still happened, he still got shot, only that his death was prevented.

And that's a big issue, since even if Kaoru's death is somehow avoided, she still became the 'Queen.' Let's assume by some stroke of awkward storytelling that Kaoru doesn't become Queen at all ( very unlikely unless Shiina is going to be cruel to Hyoubu to the very end and ruin his master plan before it even began ), an Esper-Normal war would still occur and it's not something that can be brushed aside.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally hate Kyousuke enough to hope that the author would do that, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen

but from a storytelling perspective, the war will happen, and for a simple reason- all the hype that been built up around it would end up going to waste. Thouhg I do like Solaris's thought- Kaoru lets Minamoto shoot her so that the world can be truly saved. Though its hard to imagine she has more power than what the Triple boost gives her...

and as I saw on another forum about this, since many are suspecting that Kaoru's wound is anything but fatal, this is the next scene: after Minamoto shoots Kaoru, he runs up to her... and then pulls out a wedding ring, and asks her to marry him. Probably will never happen, but its good for laughs

All I know in the end is that this series is going to drive me crazy over what the future holds. All we need now is for a time-trveling esper to show up and really start confusing things...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who knows when any Chapters past 177 will be posted?

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neko_Healer View Post
    Who knows when any Chapters past 177 will be posted?
    Chapter 177 is the latest raw chapter, having already caught up to the serialization.

178 will probably be out by end of this week or early next, since there's a one week break for ZKC after 177.

New Reply
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast