Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Zettai Karen Children by Shiina Takashi

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kioras's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zettai Karen Children by Shiina Takashi

We should be finished with 177, and released in 2ish days, I expect to be up to date hopefully by the weekend with 178.
    There is a mistaken proverb which tells us that those who are ignorant of the past are condemned to repeat it. In fact, they're lucky if they're allowed to repeat it. More probably, they're condemned to something even worse than the past. This is doubly true of those who believe that their ignorance somehow makes them morally superior to those who don't share it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm already blessed with such a good scanlation team such as everyone at JS for this manga.

Now i just hope the book version comes out faster in my country so that i can savory the story (again) in my own hands.. *drools*

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kioras's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I fully support anyone buying it in their home country, support the author's it is the best way for a series to actually have any hopes in continuing.
    There is a mistaken proverb which tells us that those who are ignorant of the past are condemned to repeat it. In fact, they're lucky if they're allowed to repeat it. More probably, they're condemned to something even worse than the past. This is doubly true of those who believe that their ignorance somehow makes them morally superior to those who don't share it.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
    I fully support anyone buying it in their home country, support the author's it is the best way for a series to actually have any hopes in continuing.
    I second that... fully!
    I have a truckload of manga i read online and physically own it in my room. Just bought a wall length/height bookshelf recently to arrange them nicely.. haha.. my room is my manga heaven right now..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Evilsqueakheads's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have so many speculations about this series and I'm always making new ones, it's too open-ended right now. Sorry I wrote so much, I tried to respond to everyone's ideas in my post.

Also, you guys from JS have made my life complete. And probably the lives of many others, too. There are daily threads on 4chan now and they think you guys are awesome. Congratulations on getting caught up with the raws, this is a HUGE achievement and most scanners tend to drop the series before they accomplish it. I'd click the little thank-you thingie 178 times but it's easier to type this out.

With that said, I will now enthusiastically vomit large portions text.

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by idk123 View Post
    Yes, your right I do remember that flashscene during the Patty arc but do you really think it wont have anything to do with Minamoto? I mean yeah, there is a part way back in the manga where there is another flashfoward scene of Kaoru trying to get the girls to join her side because she left BABEL after seeing what the 'normals' do to ESP's and the experiments they do on them. I think Kaoru will leave out of care for all ESP beings but then again I think there will be another reason that could be related to Minamoto. Plus, lately in the manga Minamoto is begining to develop the same issues of coping with his feelings for Kaoru and believes if he, in any way, acts upon them could create 'trouble'.
    You're completely right. However, it's a lose-lose situation for both of them. I only realized this long after I made the post you replied to. If Minamoto develops mutual feelings for Kaoru, he WILL get in serious trouble if he acts on them while she's still a minor. Especially if the relationship becomes sexual. Even if it's consensual, it's rape. Minamoto will lose his job, go to jail, and will be forbidden from ever seeing Kaoru again. Perhaps the sentence will be lighter because Kaoru is a level 7 psychokinetic and therefore capable of defending herself. At the same time it might be heavier because she's a government VIP and has a lot of extra limitations on her life. Minamoto knows all of this, so he won't touch Kaoru. Based on what we know of the future, we can assume he doesn't. The limitations the government puts on Kaoru's life might also be a small part of the reason she leaves B.A.B.E.L.

The situation is equally grim if Minamoto isn't attracted to Kaoru because he considers her "family". He might need to reject her once he finds out how she feels, or tell her he can't have a relationship for social/legal reasons. The latter is also a form of rejection. Complicating the situation further is the possibility that Shiho or Aoi will disapprove of Kaoru's feelings or have feelings for Minamoto themselves. Regardless, the aftermath won't be pretty. Kaoru would most likely be unable to continue living with him because the home environment would turn painfully awkward. Minamoto might react awkwardly himself. Hopefully since Minamoto has already seen the doomsday vision, he won't be surprised and handles this well. And since he's seen the vision he is more likely to accept Kaoru as a woman instead of a daughter. But this won't solve the legal taboo.

If Kaoru keeps hiding her feelings, and they continue to grow, she will eventually be unable to contain them and will either leave or confess to Minamoto. Both of which will bring disastrous results.

Oh god, and that's only a small part of it. Black Phantom, anti-ESP sentiments in the Government, Black Phantom Operatives IN the Government, Minamoto killing Kyosuke, ESP experiments... All of them could still happen. Together. At once. This is such a potentially dark series, and I'd be extremely disappointed if it stayed within the realm of a children's manga.

-------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    In the vision the city is already doomed by nuke falling by. Kaouru is forcing minamoto to shoot.

looks like Mianmoto doesn't want to shoot at first
    M: "kaoru stop it!!

while she's charging some (fake) attack
    K: "I loved you and i still do"
    like to say: "I trust you, doi it. I will live" (or something like that XD)

*bang*
    what did a fatal injury do to Kyousuke, Grisham and Fujiko?
    Awakened their full power potential...

Maybe Kaoru wanted to put her life on the line to gain the power to save everyone. And Minamoto is the only one whose hands would Kouru put her life into.

I bet the author has got something like that in mind *__________________*
    If the nuke was close, and it hit, we would see it. Aoi (or was it Shiho?) is nowhere near Kaoru or Minamoto during the doomsday vision.

Like you, I also believe there's something more to this vision. Kaoru has plenty of opportunities to kill Minamoto in this vision. And Minamoto has plenty of opportunities to kill Kaoru. Well, at least it's clear that both parties are hesitating. Minamoto has the jump on her. He could have shot her before she realized he was there. Minamoto's aim seems to be good enough to hit from that distance. And Kaoru is unusually calm for someone being threatened at gunpoint. She knows Minamoto's gun can kill her. Perhaps she feels safe because she thinks he won't shoot, like you said. I don't think she believes Minamoto is unwilling to shoot her after everything she's done. If that were the case, why would she tell him to shoot, and why does she say the things she says?

Although I like your approach I concluded something different. The Kaoru from Igou's vision has a death wish. She might have had no other choice than to become the queen, and fighting the war left her mentally exhausted. I keep noticing that her expression is usually melancholic, and sometimes her eyes are completely dead. If she wanted to live, her natural fight-or-flight preservation instincts would have kicked in once she felt Minamoto was a threat. And yet she tells Minamoto to shoot her and starts talking naturally.

--------------------

Personally I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Kyosuke will still be alive. We don't have a detailed vision of the future yet, so we may not see him even if he's still around in the future.

------------------

I know Shiina has said Minamoto is a normal, but does anyone think that Minamoto may eventually turn into an esper? Kyosuke said he could give Minamoto "weak esp", which I assume is only possible if Minamoto had a regressive ESP gene to begin with. If so, an event that causes him extreme stress could awaken that ESP. There was also the Fly Man incident, which is still unexplained. I don't think a normal would have been able to take control of the flies and communicate with them, which Minamoto was still able to do AFTER Flyman was incapacitated. And let's not forget the pilot chapter.

I'm not trying to say this will happen. It won't, most likely. (But my fangirl tendencies wants it to happen SO much)

-------------------

This probably won't be addressed either, but I want to say something concerning Fujiko. I believe she's a little TOO enthusiastic about her ideals considering she's a former soldier. One does not normally return from a war and act like nothing happened. Wars are tramatic events and can affect soldiers for the rest of their lives, especially if they fought on the front lines like Fujiko. Even if the war happened a long time ago, I find it hard to believe that Fujiko honestly believes the things she says. She probably had her memories erased or altered, but I still thought it was noteworthy.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evilsqueakheads View Post

The situation is equally grim if Minamoto isn't attracted to Kaoru because he considers her "family". He might need to reject her once he finds out how she feels, or tell her he can't have a relationship for social/legal reasons. The latter is also a form of rejection. Complicating the situation further is the possibility that Shiho or Aoi will disapprove of Kaoru's feelings or have feelings for Minamoto themselves. Regardless, the aftermath won't be pretty. Kaoru would most likely be unable to continue living with him because the home environment would turn painfully awkward. Minamoto might react awkwardly himself. Hopefully since Minamoto has already seen the doomsday vision, he won't be surprised and handles this well. And since he's seen the vision he is more likely to accept Kaoru as a woman instead of a daughter. But this won't solve the legal taboo.

If Kaoru keeps hiding her feelings, and they continue to grow, she will eventually be unable to contain them and will either leave or confess to Minamoto. Both of which will bring disastrous results.

-------------------

I know Shiina has said Minamoto is a normal, but does anyone think that Minamoto may eventually turn into an esper? Kyosuke said he could give Minamoto "weak esp", which I assume is only possible if Minamoto had a regressive ESP gene to begin with. If so, an event that causes him extreme stress could awaken that ESP. There was also the Fly Man incident, which is still unexplained. I don't think a normal would have been able to take control of the flies and communicate with them, which Minamoto was still able to do AFTER Flyman was incapacitated. And let's not forget the pilot chapter.

I'm not trying to say this will happen. It won't, most likely.

First I would like to put in my 2 cents as to the whole Kaoru joining PANDRA thing. Your right that judging from the scene during the Patty arc, her leaving has nothing to do with Minamoto DIRECTLY. Kyosuke says she will leave because no one would "Hold her hand," and PANDRA will. Now whether he means actualy( like with Shiho), or metaphoricaly (as in no one will help her or comfort her) I don't know. He also says she will leave when she has no where else to turn, or something like that.

About Kaoru and Minamoto's feelings for each other Minamoto already knows how she feels because if you remember the "Psyco Divers" arc, after Kaoru gets Minamoto out of that loop, but before they wake up she actualy does confess. And Minamoto says he will give her his answer when he "meet the real her."

Finally as to Minamoto getting ESP, I tend to Ignore the Pilot chapter because it seems to me they were still trying to figure out what the manga should be and what roll all the characters should play. as evedence that that part likely dosn't affect the story, Remember the first time "THe Normal people" showed up, his Ability should have worked on the ECM. And when kyosuke says he could give Minamoto weak ESP actually think what that entails. A strong LV6 could expend ALL his energy to the point where he dies to give Minamoto LV2 abilities, LV3 at the best.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Evilsqueakheads's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Minamoto knows how Kaoru will feel when she's 20, but he hasn't guessed that she's already developing feelings for him.

I'm not expecting the Minamoto ESP thing to happen, and I know the pilot chapter doesn't count. Mostly, I thought it would be a good explanation for Minamoto somehow interfering with Fly-man's abilities even after fly-man got knocked out.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But if you reread the chapter she says she already feels that way, she just feels stronger abut it when she's 20. and he never seems to go off when Kaoru "teases" him.

After thought: what day do the RAWS come out? or is it just whenever they get them?
    Last edited by Neko_Healer; June 29, 2009 at 07:57 AM. Reason: After thought

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

RAWs come out on Wednesday/Thursday, if I remember correctly... so we've still got a few days

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Solaris's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I have so many speculations about this series and I'm always making new ones, it's too open-ended right now. Sorry I wrote so much, I tried to respond to everyone's ideas in my post.
    Thank you, we appeciated all of your speculations. Feel free to speculate some more too

You're completely right. However,This is such a potentially dark series, and I'd be extremely disappointed if it stayed within the realm of a children's manga.<cut>
    Just because this is a young audience manga we surely couldn't expect anything sex related in the plot beyond puns. But your speculation could be right if you If you just speak about romantic relation instead :P

Although I like your approach I concluded something different. <cut>
    wow, so Kaouru might want to die? What a pessimistic interpretation! Hope it will not be that!!!

I know Shiina has said Minamoto is a normal, but does anyone think that Minamoto may eventually turn into an esper? <cut>
    Absolutely not. That event was only in the pilot manga. Given the actual manga plot, Minamoto being an exper could ruin the mood about espers and normals getting along well.
    Edit - I'll explain it better:One of the climax of the story is that Esper and Normals could get along and cooperate. The children team has a normal and he's Minamoto. That is why they work so well. They care for each other, and the needs of both normals and espers. If you make him an esper, you gain a team of only espers leaving out the normals end the climax of the cooperation.

This probably won't be addressed either, but I want to say something concerning Fujiko. <cut>
    Fujiko's and Kyosuke's behaviours are opposite, but shared the same root: It shows the two possible outcome of a dreadful event in the past.
    As one chosed to forgive and to build a new future with hope and love, the other chosed the path of vengeance and hate.
    Said paths are like those the Children are about to chose in the future:
    Will the Children choose Fujiko's path and become Angels or will they follow Kyosuke's to Damnation?

You see this manga was very well planned. Every event and action is connected to the climax (the vision). Unfortately the manga is taking too long in its own narration. Fillers were useful in the past to flesh out the huge cast, but the main story is developing far too slowly. There are too many fillers now and i hope the author will close something quickly before the audience will get bored and quit. If that should happen we'll only gain a unsatisfiyng quick and bad made conclusion. I really hope that it will never be the case!!
    Last edited by Solaris; July 02, 2009 at 11:00 AM.

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 180's discussion

Next week don't have any release... but we can discuss something to kill time. Now, who will be the actually one predicted to be dead under the probability of 35%? Here is the list. Hope everyone can discuss it.

I have made a poll for this. Please participate.
    http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/441751
    There's some time limit for this poll, until 22th of July only, so hurry up~
    [CENTER][IMG]http://imgur.com/9ehBh.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][I][COLOR="Teal"]A Member Of [URL="http://js-scans.blogspot.com"]JS SCANS[/URL]
    Great Fan Of Zettai Karen Children, One Piece and Yugioh and more.[/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Solaris's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if they continue skipping like this it will take forever to build up enough material for another anime

As for the poll i bet all of Spikey's money that NOBODY will die

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Well, if they continue skipping like this it will take forever to build up enough material for another anime

As for the poll i bet all of Spikey's money that NOBODY will die
    The reason for no chapter next week is that Shiina has to get ready for his gallery exhibition and autograph session on 17th July. So it can't be helped.

Well, this poll is just who might be the exactly one to be predicted. It's not that he/she will die, but might get wounded seriously and get saved. Just who could it be? Something like that ^^;

Special News:
    On 9th of July, Japan FujiTV has a programme call [TV OF HIRANO AYA ONLY] which shows how Hirano Aya become ONE DAY COMIC ARTIST'S ASSISTANT IN TRANING under Shiina's workplace. Aya have draw her own Kaoru's drawing, and will be displayed in Shiina's 20th debut anniversary's gallery exhibition.

Spoiler show
    [CENTER][I][COLOR="Teal"]A Member Of [URL="http://js-scans.blogspot.com"]JS SCANS[/URL]
    Great Fan Of Zettai Karen Children, One Piece and Yugioh and more.[/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally caught up and I'm really loving this series.

The "Normal People" really are bastards since they are willing to sacrifice their own kind. P.A.N.D.R.A. is at least better than them in that respect.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Braiking Boss View Post
    Finally caught up and I'm really loving this series.

The "Normal People" really are bastards since they are willing to sacrifice their own kind. P.A.N.D.R.A. is at least better than them in that respect.
    Glad you love this series XD

In the same time that "The Normal People" are bastards, you must admit that they are very clever too. Either B.A.B.E.L or P.A.N.D.R.A. had fall to their traps sometimes. This made me curious to see the true faces of the real masterminds behind "The Normal People".

New Reply
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast