Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Zettai Karen Children by Shiina Takashi

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zettai Karen Children by Shiina Takashi

Not really too sure if I am doing the right thing but I sort of want to set up a thread for this series with the anime coming in April. Basically this is the latest series by Takashi Shiina, more known for the Shonen Sunday series "Ghost Sweeper Mikami" (of which only the movie has been released in the US).

The basics (as I know of it): in the near future, humanity discovers the potential of humans with psychic abilities. To further develop them, an organization called BABEL is set up to hone these abilities and use these humans to better people. The series is mostly focused on three girls belonging in a section of BABEL known as "The Children", who each have a psychic specialization: Kaoru (looks like a young Mikami, psychokinetic), Aoi (reminds me in look a bit like a female verison of Mikami's priest friend Father Karasu with maybe a bit of Haruna Saotome from "Negima", teleportation), and Shiho (sort of reminds me a bit of a white-haired Meiko, psychometry). Unfortunately, these girls really aren't as trusting...heck, Kaoru proclaims that within ten years, they will "control the world"!

To tell the truth, I haven't read this series and mostly set it up for others to maybe look into and maybe read if someone starts it or not, but I am used to Shiina's style from reading GS Mikami for a period. (he writes a bit like Takahashi and other Sunday writers in many "mini arcs" for development, which can be good for some but tiring for others) The series does look interesting and fun and I would like to maybe see someone pick it up when the anime starts but it probably does require a bit of tolerance if its pacing is anything like Mikami.

Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zettai_Karen_Children
    First chapter (by way of Sunday's site): http://websunday.net/rensai/children/read/
    Sunday commercial: http://websunday.net/theater/

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Enomoto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zettai Karen Children (Takashi Shiina)

Yeah I learned about this manga today but I can't find scanlations but I can't wait for the anime-version!

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zettai Karen Children (Takashi Shiina)

Friend of mine directed me to a place with vol. 1 and the first chapter of vol. 2 done...really need to get to this myself and hope the anime is good.

http://www.conan-magic.com/ (ZKC link is on the right)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kioras's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zettai Karen Children by Shiina Takashi

Necro question, roughly how far are the scans to the anime, as in how far behind are they currently?
    There is a mistaken proverb which tells us that those who are ignorant of the past are condemned to repeat it. In fact, they're lucky if they're allowed to repeat it. More probably, they're condemned to something even worse than the past. This is doubly true of those who believe that their ignorance somehow makes them morally superior to those who don't share it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well to asnwer your question since anime gonna show graduation etc that be first chapter of volume 16, nvm found it its chapter 138

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so basically a mere 80ish chapters ahead of where the scans are currently at. And then another 30ish in the current old children arcs.
    There is a mistaken proverb which tells us that those who are ignorant of the past are condemned to repeat it. In fact, they're lucky if they're allowed to repeat it. More probably, they're condemned to something even worse than the past. This is doubly true of those who believe that their ignorance somehow makes them morally superior to those who don't share it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tehkorean's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks pretty good not a big fan of the artwork, but if i find some time i'll go check it out.
    Currently Reading:
    Rosario+Vampire 2, Until Death To US, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Bleach, Bakuman, To-Love-Ru,

Currently Watching:
    Blood+, Zero No Tsukaima.
    www.myspace.com/aziangamer11
    www.insideresports.com GO To Insider Esports for all your Professional Gaming needs.

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to meet everyone here ~ ^^ Call me Spikey.
    The reason I keep tracking on this manga cause I a big fan reader of GS Megami. And then I'm curious to see if Minamoto can change the fact that Kaoru shoot by him at the end.
    I had finished watching entire anime episodes on internet and waiting for a dvd release. I won't said that the artwork of both anime & manga is very good but it was very tidy to read on. 2 of the anime episodes was done by GONZO (the one who made Vandread) and the last episode 51 was very warm touching episode.
    so the first chapter in vol 16 is chapter 138? I only managed to get the raw chapters of 153 until 169. But still very enjoy to read them(I know a bit japanese and can understand the story).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner idk123's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So does anyone know whats going on lately in like chapters 172-174?

More and more it seems Karou and Minamoto are developing a 'new' relationship...;D

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No idea what is happening, will have to wait a bit till we are up there, in a month or two hopefully.

Current arc is win however, with the death note parody.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Did they change the translator or something in JS Scans? Sorry for saying this, but the new one is BAD, I´ve just read 128 and I found a ton of errors

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Raep's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luffink View Post
    Sorry for saying this, but the new one is BAD, I´ve just read 128 and I found a ton of errors
    Chapters 128-133 is one big error.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently started reading this. A very good series that is easy to get into and I've enjoyed every bit of it. I've been reading it at a steady pace so far but will probably read it in bulk to hurry and catch up.

I really do have to feel sorry for Minamoto and what these kids do to him early on. XD

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raep View Post
    Chapters 128-133 is one big error.
    Sorry..I did the mistakes in releasing since I new member and a rookie over here. I will notice it next time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, that release was nothing more then a learning experience, just put it in the past.

Reguardless, now we have Gotten to the point that the anime was released too!

So from now on, new never before seen storylines!

New characters, more action!

New Reply
Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast