Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Bleach in Year 2012 - Predictions and Expectations

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach in Year 2012 - Predictions and Expectations

What are your expectations and predictions for Bleach in this year. To be more precise, I am not talking about long term predictions. For that we already have Predict the Future Arcs and Plot of Bleach thread. Lets focus just on year 2012.

I will start with myself:

1. Expectation : The top most priority for me is knowing about Isshin's past. I think many events are connected with him. For example, Urahara's connection with him, etc. - omg this is what I wanted to know at the beginning of 2011

2. Prediction : Hopefully, we will see more of Urahara and Kisuke.

3. Prediction : Some revelations about Ichigo

I think you get the idea .

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Bleach in Year 2012 - Predictions and Expectations

I share your sentiments about #1, the facts about Isshin's past are long due. The mystery behind his relationship with Ginjou was the last straw, we need to learn who he really is asap. Ichigo, what are you waiting for, go talk to your father, buddy.

Making a prediction about Bleach is pretty hard but I think it will turn out that Ginjou is related to Masaki. Could it be that Isshin and Ginjou made a duel for Masaki's love? Just kidding.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect Ichigo to come up with a brand new technique go along with his restored powers ..Getsuga Tenshō is starting to lose its flare so to speak...and i expect we will see the bankai of the remaining captains who haven't shown theirs yet...and yea hopefully we will learn about Isshin's past...and i expect there will be a brand new antagonist this year.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member just_a_girl's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    I expect Ichigo to come up with a brand new technique go along with his restored powers ..Getsuga Tenshō is starting to lose its flare so to speak...and i expect we will see the bankai of the remaining captains who haven't shown theirs yet...and yea hopefully we will learn about Isshin's past...and i expect there will be a brand new antagonist this year.
    I agree about a new technique. I do like Getsuga Tenshou, and its final version was full of awesome, but since it's obvious that Ichigo's not going to use the final version often (or maybe not at all) the usual one is indeed beginning to get old.

Isshin's past is also a big yes although I have to say I'd much rather it was interwoven with the big general plot of whatever is coming than see it as a separate arc.

I definitely expect the main shinigami cast to demonstrate some new skills as well, the reason being it's been repeated several times how hard they have all been training since Aizen's defeat. Simple logic indicates there should be some results

Oh and I predict the change of look for some other shinigami characters, like Matsumoto, for example. It's refreshing, and we've already seen that it mostly worked with Byakuya/Hitsugaya/Rukia, so I think Kubo will make a few more small changes. But yes, small changes.

P.S.: I doubt we'll get the other Captains' long-awaited bankai in 2012, though. It's sure to be shown somewhere in the future, but I don't think it's going to happen until the final arc is in full swing and that's not likely to happen this year lol
    There's no such thing as too much sleep.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Give me the info!!!!!

Okay, that's what I want this year.
    Talk a lot about Isshin, talk a lot about Ichigo, (maybe talk a lot about Aizen? ...I want to know more about why he decided he wants to become the king/slay the king and how did he come to know about him being 'it').

The rest of the year, I want to see kick ass action. Not like these mild fullbring chapters, but suspension, epicness, that stuff.

So that's getting to know about who to fight next (and I don't care if it's Royal Realm now, or it's Hell, or anything, I just want for it to be really enjoyable) and then go for it.

Oh, and some interactions between characters are expected (I mean, fullbring arc was okay talking about humans, but shinigami were missing). It feels like Hueco Mundo was missing this, and I want it back.

ex oriente lux

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

In this year I hope we'll finally see the revelation of the mystery behind Isshin's history and also the history of all Ichigo's family, because it should be more to it, because Ginjou asked Ichigo does he know about his family. It would be also good to learn the reason why he didn't tell Ichigo about himself and his family.

Also I hope that Ichigo will also get better with his skills, because now he is just a big tank who is totally in different league from other Shinigamis, but still he needs this skills to become even stronger than he is now.

Would be also good to see some good Arc for Isshin's past and also some good enemy, because Fullbringers weren't really persuasive.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xtro's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah...
    and don't forget the relation about Isshin and Ishida's father..
    seems to know each other back then...

and I really want Ichigo's bankai to look like his Final Getsuga form..
    his long hair suits him (just like his holllow beserk form when fighting Ulqi)..
    just like Super Saiyan 3

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach is entering the final chapters

Spoiler show

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction goes for Isshim and Ryuuken past. I think that the reason for Isshim being in the world of the living is that he rescued and hid Ryuuken and his father from the Quincy genocide.

And i'm also expecting some relation between Ichigo's family and the Shiba clan as many people.

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    Bleach is entering the final chapters
    Not final chapters. Final arc. And that means around 4 years, but possibly more.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xdanx's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Not final chapters. Final arc. And that means around 4 years, but possibly more.
    You can keep hoping that, but it won't happen. If you consider that the latest arc was like 5 volumes long, which is less than 50 chapters, it's quite obvious that Bleach is not what it used to be, and it should have ended up with Aizen's defeat. Now the author has probably realized of that and there's no reason at all to make such a long final arc. If lucky, Bleach will last 2 more years, and that would require quite a big amount of luck.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Last arc was a failure. It made the volume sales drop around 100-150k. It made Bleach a constant bottom 5.
    If the next arc isn't a failure, there is a big chance to repeat the other arcs, those lasted 4-5 years.
    We have to wait for the sales and toc to see what has the biggest chance of happening.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xdanx View Post
    You can keep hoping that, but it won't happen. If you consider that the latest arc was like 5 volumes long, which is less than 50 chapters, it's quite obvious that Bleach is not what it used to be, and it should have ended up with Aizen's defeat. Now the author has probably realized of that and there's no reason at all to make such a long final arc. If lucky, Bleach will last 2 more years, and that would require quite a big amount of luck.
    Isn't it possible that if the Fullbrig arc didn't last long, it was only because there wasn't much more to add to it ? Granted, there was some unexplained things in the plot but explaining them would have added a few more chapters. What else could have Kubo add to make the arc be longer if he wanted ?

I hope that you will remember your statement about Bleach ending in two years, because IMHO you will be proven dead wrong.
    There are several reasons Bleach won't go down so quickly, among others : answering the questions and mysteries will take a lot of time as the plot won't be a mere Q&A and will have its own story to unfold as well as new questions to answer. Besides Bleach won't be allowed to end so quickly because it's still a cash cow and there's no real successor in terms of extreme popularity to pass the baton to.
    Bleach won't end just because you dislike it. I believe 4 or 5 years is a minimum. Rendezvous in two years and try to explain why it still continues.

Anyway, back on topic, my expectations are to see at least one new Bankai this year.
    Prediction : Arrancar will make a cameo.

New Reply