Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Gaiden Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who Do You Want To See In The Gaiden Arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Amatersu View Post
    We know why Urahara got kicked out, he made the hou gyokou. And Yoruichi decided to leave with him.

Also, I want kubo to explain this:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/164/13/
    Who was the second person? It'd be cool to find out, since I doubt we'll find out who it was in normal storyline.

yes, we already know this, but what I'm saying is could have a deep reason, linking all the events into one, something that could be well hidden until now

and about the pic, I believe Byakuya is talking about Renji, who was defeat by his bankai a little before his fight with Ichigo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not Renji, Byakuya didn't use senkei on him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ No, he did, remember? http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/143/10/

After Hihou Zabimaru broke, Renji tried to rush him and got hit with the Senkei swords. It wasn't the full thousand blade version, but it was still Senkei in principle.

On topic, I think Urahara does deserve a full Gaiden. Yes, we know the basic circumstances, but his exile encompasses the storylines of several characters, including a few we know next to nothing about (Isshin, the Vaizards, etc.). Random asides here and there couldn't do it justice. And it'd be awesome either way, so I'd still love to see it.
    Last edited by gigantor21; February 13, 2008 at 01:05 PM.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jannic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand your logic, but I figure that it's a little much to have him never have used it before except on Renji - plus, it's only for "Those he swore to kill by his own hand."

No way he ever gave Renji that much respect, even in his final desperate assault, or considered him anything but a worthless dog until after Ichigo knocked some compassion into him.

I figure that, used as he seems to be to destroying people with his base-form Bankai, there'd have to be someone mighty serious to make him pull out the full-on senkei dome.

Plus I love Senbonzakura Kageyoshi and want to see more of it. (^_^) So I hope I'm right.
    -------------------
    Harvey Birdman: Mr. Boo Boo, would you consider yourself a revolutionary?
    Boo Boo Bear: Well, no. But I do believe corporations rob us of our dignity and independence, and that these systems must be ripped down, burnt down, or leveled by any force necessary.
    <Jury gasps. Awkward pause.>
    Boo Boo Bear: But that's just one little bear's opinion.
    Harvey Birdman: A cute, fuzzy little bear. The Defence rests!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ He let him have his scarf after he collapsed! How much more respectful could you get!? XD

Seriously, though, I don't see why not. Nii-sama didn't show any hint that he'd need to use Bankai against Renji--he could've easily stabbed his throat after the Rikuju Kourou--so using SBK was total overkill IMO. Given his personality, acknowledging Renji's courage and growth is the only logical explalantion--this is the same guy that bashed Zomari after losing and arm and a leg, while all Renji did was make him stumble and gasp. So all that extra attention wouldn't come lightly.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gigantor21 View Post
    ^ No, he did, remember? http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/143/10/

After Hihou Zabimaru broke, Renji tried to rush him and got hit with the Senkei swords. It wasn't the full thousand blade version, but it was still Senkei in principle.
    Senkei means annihilation scene, and Byakuya refers to the different forms of his bankai as something "kei" (Senkei, Goukei, Shuukei Hakuteiken). These are all forms in which Byakuya uses every blade of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, so senkei must refer to the form where he puts 1000 swords around him and his opponent. What he did against Renji can't be considered senkei, it's just an attack of his bankai.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantor21 View Post
    On topic, I think Urahara does deserve a full Gaiden. Yes, we know the basic circumstances, but his exile encompasses the storylines of several characters, including a few we know next to nothing about (Isshin, the Vaizards, etc.). Random asides here and there couldn't do it justice. And it'd be awesome either way, so I'd still love to see it.
    People are actually giving the wrong reason for his exile, it was for the untraceable gigai, but he definitely needs a Gaiden.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member 3shinkyo3's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally the gaiden i would like to see above all others would have to Urahara and Yoruichi as they are both such great characters and through their history a lot can be found out about many other key characters.

Also i would like one on gin as i think he a cool character and also he has a history with matsumoto
    Last edited by 3shinkyo3; February 13, 2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OhDearMoshe's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't personally think there's anyone here who wouldn't like to see Uruhara's back story right now :P ID like to see some other captains back stories though maybe how Ikkaku found the hidden training spot. Who knows.

Spoiler: Jehuty's words of wisdom show

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroff View Post
    People are actually giving the wrong reason for his exile, it was for the untraceable gigai, but he definitely needs a Gaiden.
    I've never really understood (or wholeheartedly believed) that SS would send Urahara into exile for the untraceable gigai when he wasn't seemingly punished for making the Hogyoku, which is so much more dangerous. A gaiden would definitely help shed some light on this seemingly fishy (to me anyway) exile.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

On the byakuya topic, I believe the sword attack may have been kido because he fired it from his fingers. And its true byakuya could have killed renji w/o bankai. All he had to do was kido his ass.

And I agree, I would love to see some captain gaidens. Like how uki and shunsui are the only ones with twin blades and how they got it. But I would also like to see more of urahara

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amatersu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Neuroff. I mean, he didn't swear to kill Renji, just to stop him. Also, I think he was referring to the whole dome of swords, not just 5 or 10.
    frack.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Inchao's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm expecting a history about:

Yamamoto Genryuusai Shigekuni:Of course,who doesn't want to know the almighty Shinigami among all?The one who duel against the strongest "twin" captains in Soul Society ALONE and the one who created the Shingami Academy!Everything about him affects the timeline,we must have him in this arc!

Unohana Retsu:The big mama of Soul Society,I loved her and certainly she will have her own gaiden.I think she might have something to do with the previous 5th Division's captain,Seigen Suzunami and his sister,Konoka.I saw her with the 5th Division captain's lil' sister talking with a gloomy background.Women problems I guess.Maybe that's one of her dark history?But I'm just taking this out of the screen cap of the newest DS Bleach game.

Urahara Kisuke:Not much to be said,he's one of the most important characters in Bleach.Along with Shihouin Yoruichi,his partner!

Kurosaki Isshin:When the first time the long secret of him being a Shinigami was revealed,I was itching to get to know him better and how he knew Urahara and Ryuken.I want to know especially about his torn captain-like cloth on his shoulder that will confirm he's a captain!
    The strength of 10 divisions!!!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Inchao View Post

Yamamoto Genryuusai Shigekuni:Of course,who doesn't want to know the almighty Shinigami among all?The one who duel against the strongest "twin" captains in Soul Society ALONE and the one who created the Shingami Academy!Everything about him affects the timeline,we must have him in this arc!

Unohana Retsu:The big mama of Soul Society,I loved her and certainly she will have her own gaiden.I think she might have something to do with the previous 5th Division's captain,Seigen Suzunami and his sister,Konoka.I saw her with the 5th Division captain's lil' sister talking with a gloomy background.Women problems I guess.Maybe that's one of her dark history?But I'm just taking this out of the screen cap of the newest DS Bleach game.

Urahara Kisuke:Not much to be said,he's one of the most important characters in Bleach.Along with Shihouin Yoruichi,his partner!

Kurosaki Isshin:When the first time the long secret of him being a Shinigami was revealed,I was itching to get to know him better and how he knew Urahara and Ryuken.I want to know especially about his torn captain-like cloth on his shoulder that will confirm he's a captain!
    All good choices. Add in the inevitable Kenpachi gaiden and it sounds even better.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

i pretty much agree on the list that tsukisama and TCO made

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Inchao View Post

I am most interested in the background stories of the current captains and the ex captains, minus konamura and tousen.
    I would like to see how they became who they are. How did they get nominated as captains and their relationships w/ one another.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast