Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Gaiden Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Gaiden Discussion Thread

^ A while back, Kubo said he'd delve into the backstories of several Bleach characters at some point. We got confirmation a few days ago that he'd start this week. That's what we're talking about--Gaiden means "origin" IIRC.

Also, I merged the two threads to keep things in one place.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gigantor21 View Post
    ^ A while back, Kubo said he'd delve into the backstories of several Bleach characters at some point. We got confirmation a few days ago that he'd start this week. That's what we're talking about--Gaiden means "origin" IIRC.
    Really? What happened a few days ago? Was it some sort of spoiler?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Starky-08, how can you be like Ichigo AND Vegeta!? Split personality?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsuki - Someone translated the current Jump's table of contents, and Kubo said on that page he would start it this week. It was put out well after we got the chapter--I think it might have been yesterday, now that I think about it.

At any rate, I hope he's read our lists.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsuki - Someone translated the current Jump's table of contents, and Kubo said on that page he would start it this week. It was put out well after we got the chapter--I think it might have been yesterday, now that I think about it.

Excellent! Although this probably means that we will have to wait awhile for any news about the war, at least we will start seeing some gaiden action. I hope that Kubo does not focus too much on Kenpachi's past, since that is the only character's past I have ever heard him confirm that he will explore.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ooohhh, this is exciting news

*crosses fingers* i hope it's urahara/yoruichi/isshin

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    Excellent! Although this probably means that we will have to wait awhile for any news about the war, at least we will start seeing some gaiden action. I hope that Kubo does not focus too much on Kenpachi's past, since that is the only character's past I have ever heard him confirm that he will explore.
    Oh, please, not Kendopachi again...
    There's so many other characters to explore better than Kenpachi in just 2 months...
    Urahara, Isshin, Aizen, Yammamoto, etc...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patedecarne View Post
    Oh, please, not Kendopachi again...
    There's so many other characters to explore better than Kenpachi in just 2 months...
    Urahara, Isshin, Aizen, Yammamoto, etc...
    Yes, kenpachi fever needs to die, what's gonna be revealed that he can kick harder using two legs instead of one, hopefully Urahara is the one. The dude is the coolest character in the manga, Isshin being dwelled wouldn't bother me but hopefully it's Urahara since Kubo can just connect Isshin and Yoruichi.
    Last edited by TheChosenOne; March 25, 2008 at 12:04 PM.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Yes, kenpachi fever needs to die, what's gonna be revealed that he can kick harder using two legs instead of one, hopefully Urahara is the one. The dude is the coolest character in the manga, Isshin being dwelled wouldn't bother me but hopefully it's Urahara since Kubo can just connect Isshin and Yoruichi.
    it's funny that someone with a kenpachi avy/sig combo says that kenpachi fever needs to die (love the avatar, btw......ken looks so bloodthirsty ). urahara is my favorite character so i'm really pulling for him to be in the gaiden. sure, his mysterious nature is part of his appeal, but i'm not worried about losing interest. he will still be the coolest character for sure

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Huahuahuahua, LOL, he'll figure that if he uses 2 knives to cut a beef he'll cut faster and strongger!!!

And Urahara is the man of Bleach, I'm almost 100% that kubo will make a gaiden about him!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    it's funny that someone with a kenpachi avy/sig combo says that kenpachi fever needs to die (love the avatar, btw......ken looks so bloodthirsty ).
    Yes, it's ironic, he is still a great character, but Urahara takes the top prize of the coolest anyday.

Quote Quote:
    urahara is my favorite character so i'm really pulling for him to be in the gaiden. sure, his mysterious nature is part of his appeal, but i'm not worried about losing interest. he will still be the coolest character for sure
    Quoted for Truth, the dude is freaking awesome, plus considering his past is mysterious Kubo can be flexible and add in other characters like Isshin or Yoruichi (though not extensively, but still enough that we know their base).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara is not my favorite character, but I do like him. I would love to see more information about him. With the most recent spoiler concerning a certain character being former 12th division lieutenant, it is likely that we will also learn something about the captain of that squad at the time .

SIDENOTE: I don't know who is in charge of smilies, but it would be nice if some new Bleach-related ones were added.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gaara_dono's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say.... Why not the Vizard... (Since Kubo is a lil' bit interested in them this while xD)... Plus; Urahara & Yoruichi... and I hesitate between Aizen and Isshin..
    MangaHelpers Art Appreciator - Join NarutoCoverzProject Now!

Kiriyuu Zero.... The Hopeless Immortal

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member akatsuki27's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

urahara is my dude....the gaiden has to be about him, it has to be!!! i get a vash the stampede vibe from him....acts like a goof but is serious when he needs to be and is insanely strong....just from the face that ikkaku made when ichigo mentioned him you have to imagine how great he is....I mean, most of the freaking plot revolves around him in some form or other....if it wasnt for him, aizen wouldnt have the hogyouku, ichigo would still be a yelp, gigais would suck, ishiin wouldnt be able to hide his powers (gigais again), etc. etc.

he is so important that his gaiden would answer millions of questions (<--obvious exaggeration)

what i would like for kubo to do is make a mini-story of all the captains of old, i mean before the new captains came in: who was in before? why were they ousted? etc
    Last edited by akatsuki27; March 25, 2008 at 08:33 PM.
    Aah, bring my rape shoes...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I merged the two threads to keep things in one place.
    According to Wiki, it's a Japanese-language word often translated as "side story" or "tale" and is used to refer to an anecdote or supplementary biography of a person. The term gaiden is commonly used in popular Japanese fiction to refer to a spinoff (canonical or otherwise) of a previously published work that is not officially considered a sequel nor a prequel. However, some gaiden are retold stories in the perspective a different character, similar to that of a flashback.

So it's a little more generic than an origin, but it's probably the perfect way to do an origins story with the scope of a manga.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast