Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Gaiden Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hyn_pride93's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Gaiden Discussion Thread

i think that this arc will MOST LIKELY show Urahara and Aizen in it. they are the top two right now and they need to be shown so that we have a better understanding of all the things that is going on right now. and on top of that, with these two, Kubo can link more than two characters at the same time. for example:

Urahara= Yoruichi, Isshin, and maybe Ryuuken
    Aizen= Tousen, and Gin

then besides the two of those characters, along with the others, I hope we get to see Unohana and Yamma. well I dont really want to see Yamma, but he deserves to be in there. well, anyways, Unohana is still a big mystery to all of us. we dont know anything about her.`

and I guess we will be seeing Kenpachi for sure. seeing as to how Kubo said that he was going to explore more into his character. but I guess that isnt all too bad, because then we can link Yachiru and more characters with him in his stories.

Ken: we will get a better understanding of why he is so bloodthirsty, in a sense. and we will also see why is always searching for battles. there is always a reason for why people or things do what they do. and Kubo must have some HUGE things to show all of us about what HE discovered on Ken.

so although the Ken fever is HUGE RIGHT NOW. I cant say that its all that bad because we will still see some pretty interesting things. and on top of that, we just need to take in what we get and enjoy it because Kubo can just stop the story whenever he wants to. so everyone should just enjoy what Kubo gives us

but to add on, I think that we might get to see some history from Mayuri. we could use some history from him to understand more about him. he is a very powerful character and a huge asset to the manga and anime. well at least for me anyways.

but there is also the thought that we wont just see the pasts of just captains, I think we all know that we will see something from the espada and vaizards so that we can expect to see a battle between them as well.
    Last edited by hyn_pride93; March 26, 2008 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

~ Flames of Aries ~

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Inchao's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

But it'll be great to get to know each one of them (vizards+captains+vices) although one them play small roles.I too personally thinks that Mayuri is in acquaintance with Urahara in some kind of ways.

Moderator message by: gigantor21
    Edited out spoiler.
    Last edited by gigantor21; March 26, 2008 at 09:14 AM.
    The strength of 10 divisions!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri might be an acquaintance with Urahara. but why would you think that? is it because they are/were both in the same division. the tech division?

~ Flames of Aries ~

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyn_pride93 View Post
    Mayuri might be an acquaintance with Urahara. but why would you think that? is it because they are/were both in the same division. the tech division?
    I would also think so. For Mayuri to succeed Urahara as head of the research institute, Mayuri must also have been a fairly prominent scientist that Urahara would have met before, not some obscurity that the head of the research institute would not know.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri is the head of the research institute now. Well, I guess that he is an aquaintance to Urahara. Urahara probably taught Mayuri some of the major things that happened in SS b4 Mayuri was the head.

~ Flames of Aries ~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gaara_dono's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If I have to make a list of interesting Shinigami's or other people that would make a gaiden two months long.... And on the base that 1 month= 4 chapters and on the base that we'll see at least 2 persons in each chapter we can tell that it will be at max 16 perso to develop in this gaiden.... Of course he can't develop 16 different people... I'll say only 12.... It'll be:
    - The Vizards: Love; Rose; Shinji; Hirako; Lisa; Kensei; Shiro.
    - Soul Society Ex-Captains: Yoruichi; Urahara.
    - Karakura Town Residents: Isshin; Ryuuken.

And I'll leave a person of choice for ya' ^^ (That would be Aizen for sure ^^)
    MangaHelpers Art Appreciator - Join NarutoCoverzProject Now!

Kiriyuu Zero.... The Hopeless Immortal

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait aren't the vaizard former shinigami...? They are right? So then I totally agree with u on the whole thing with the vaizards being explored a little and why they left SS. Maybe they knew Urahara at the time the he was in SS and Urahara was running some new tests and the present vaizards were chosen to be subjects by vouluntary choice. And when Urahara told them what they had to do, they were kicked out or left because they had achieved hollow powers, and being a member/shinigami of the Gotei 13, they broke the rules of using such powers. And maybe that is why they are in KT too! Because they know that Urahara is there and they will all try to do new things.

~ Flames of Aries ~

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't read the new chapter spoiler... I'll say that this was 75% true...
    Spoiler:  New chapter summary show

MH's Peacemaker 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Leen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is not so much of a gaiden thingie but I really like to know if there is a special meaning behind the long sleeve and the short sleeve captains. If you take a look at it, some of the more senior captains have long sleeves but the younger captains have short sleeves. Is there something to it? Or did SS just make short sleeve white coat to cut cost? I doubt so. It's not entirely a gaiden but I think I will really like to see the history of the sleeve. Probably Kubo will mention something about it somewhere. I don't think the sleeves have no significance. >.<

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leen
    Mine is not so much of a gaiden thingie but I really like to know if there is a special meaning behind the long sleeve and the short sleeve captains. If you take a look at it, some of the more senior captains have long sleeves but the younger captains have short sleeves. Is there something to it? Or did SS just make short sleeve white coat to cut cost? I doubt so. It's not entirely a gaiden but I think I will really like to see the history of the sleeve. Probably Kubo will mention something about it somewhere. I don't think the sleeves have no significance. >.<
    Thanks Leen for joining us ^^

About the captains sleeves.... I think that the newly appointed captains have shorter sleeves... Just to mark the time they spent in SoulSociety ^^

And A question to ask... Kubo made this chapter n° -108... Does it mean that we'll see more than 100 chapter of Gaiden? And if so; Is it good or bad?
    Remark: On the base of 4 chapters a month... This Gaiden may last over 2 years ^^"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara_dono View Post
    Thanks Leen for joining us ^^

About the captains sleeves.... I think that the newly appointed captains have shorter sleeves... Just to mark the time they spent in SoulSociety ^^
    I have generally held this same opinion, but in the most recent chapter, Urahara, the newly appointed captain, was shown to have sleeves, which makes rethink the sleeve theory a bit. So far though, this has been the only example to go against the seniority theory.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

the science department always wear there sleves long regardless of how long they have been a captain becuase mayuri has only been a captain for at least a 100 years and he wears long ones

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kat_at_heart View Post
    the science department always wear there sleves long regardless of how long they have been a captain becuase mayuri has only been a captain for at least a 100 years and he wears long ones
    The research institute had not been founded at the time of Urahara's inception as a captain; so, that can't be used as an explanation here.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dreamzsai's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see
    -what drived Urahara to create the Houkyoku
    -how did the current "Vaizard gang" obtained their powers
    -More on the "relationship" between Youruichi and Urahara, perhaps a Youruichi sword release?
    -More about Unohana
    -The fight between Zaraki and the former captain
    -The Quincy vs Shinigami fight?
    -How Aizen trained and obtained Bankai (in order to succeed Shinji as captain)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dreamzsai View Post
    I'd like to see

-How Aizen trained and obtained Bankai (in order to succeed Shinji as captain)
    dreamzsai, I never thought about it! The only captain that doesn't have bankai is Kenpachi, so Aizen has bankai, obviously; the problem, I believe, is a newly captain must show his bankai to become a captain; Then did Aizen used a illusion to show his bankai to the others? A bankai's illusion should be a difficult thing to do, don't you think?

or maybe had Aizen tricked SS(again and again...)?

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast