Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Need help with a personal project

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PlayerKill's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help with a personal project

Hi, everyone. My second post here (the first post was in the wrong section >_>, sorry). I still don't know whether this is the correct subforum to post this or not...

Anyways, I normally delete the scanlations I downloaded and saved in my harddisk once I buy a translated volume (in Thai) of those chapters. I recently realized that those volumes cannot fully replace scanlations because the color pages in Shonen Jump/other magazine are converted to black and white. So, I set myself a task to do, get all the color pages of the mangas I read.

I first saved all the color pages in recent chapters (i.e. I havn't deleted) to another folder. Then, I started with Eyeshield 21. Heck, it's so darn tedious and time-consuming!!! Also, I can't find the color versions of some pages in chapter 11, chapter 21, etc.

I also realized that I'm missing SJ covers and other additional colored artworks like calendars for new year and such... Yeah, I added those into my list, but I realize that these additional artworks aren't easy to find... Manga servers wouldn't have them for people to download; they only have chapters to read... Only fansites would...

I need some help!!! Would someone please help me??? I know it's a lot to ask, but I'm not asking people to check every chapter and search for all the artworks on the net like I do.

What you could do:
    - Post artworks that cannot be found in chapters if you have them on your harddisk. This would help me the most, as they're hard to find.
    - If you keep all the colored pages found in chapters, maybe post them or tell me which chapter has color pages?
    - Tell me where I can find color pages galleries or something... I don't want wallpapers or modified color pages though; I want the cleaned/scanlated color pages itself.
    - Any kind of help you can think of.

These are the series I'm planning to/currently look for colored pages and other artworks:
    - Airgear (Havn't started)
    - Bleach (ch270+ done)
    - DGM (ch97+ done)
    - ES21 (ch1-70, ch226+ done; SJ covers done; can't find color versions of pages in ch11, ch21, ch28, ch30, ch37, ch41)
    - Fairy Tail (ch23+ done; there isn't much left to do other than artworks that aren't in chapters)
    - FMA (ch70+ done)
    - HxH (Havn't started)
    - Naruto (ch360+ done)
    - One Piece (main priority after ES21; ch446+ done; have all databooks)
    - Death Note (Havn't started)
    - Reborn! (ch99+ done)
    - TRC (ch74+ done)

Wow... That's quite a long post... Thanks for the help in advance (and for reading this post).
    Last edited by PlayerKill; February 17, 2008 at 05:10 AM.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with a personal project

I'm not that good at finding pictures, but . . .

For WSJ covers, I think you can always look at the WSJ sticky thread, since they do have the covers there. For colorspreads, I do keep the RAW so I probably have some of them, but I'm just too lazy to look over all the chapters right now. However, you can take a look here for One Piece color spreads. That's the only one I know of. Other than that, I'm not exactly sure where to find them. For Bleach, here. It's not all official artwork, but they do have some calendars in there. Sorry that I can't help you as much. I didn't follow WSJ as much anymore, so . . . ^_^"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PlayerKill's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with a personal project

Thanks, man. Yeah, the WSJ thread is really useful, as well as many other sticky threads here.

This subforum seems really quiet though.

New Reply