Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Hime-dol!! by KYOU Kazurou

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Hime-dol!! by KYOU Kazurou

Hime-dol!!
    Genre: Rom-com, School Life
    Author: Kyou Kazurou
    Serialization: Weekly Shounen Jump
    Publisher: Shueisha
    Summary (from Mangaupdate): Inspired by his grandfather's skills, Kiriyama Kyoutarou's dream is to become a hairstylist. For that he enrolls in Yumemino Private Academy, also known as Tech High, the first combined technical high school in the country, more specifically he enrolls in the Beautician Department. Little did he know that his neighbor in class is Samejima Alto, an infamous female delinquent renowned for her monstrous strength. Even after that meeting his school life proves to be quite eventful as he stumbles upon a mysterious idol's secretive practice, discovers a connection with the biggest up-and-coming idol around and receives a rather unexpected request from the fearful Samejima - "Can you turn me into an idol!?". A story about following your dreams, even when everything and everyone seems to believe they're unfit considering who you are.

Chapter 1
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; August 25, 2013 at 04:16 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member vampire killer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hime-dol!! by KYOU Kazurou

Well this was a nice first chapter. It has potential to be something different from a typical harem manga.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lutzinho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I also liked the first chapter. Could definitely become a good series.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't have high expectations for this one after reading the one shot, but the serialization looks great. The art, the school and backstory remind me a bit of Shokugeki No Soma, but this one has a lot more chances to go in a different direction. Hopefully Casanova will keep up with this one.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the first 2 chapters so far. The setting up of the story was well done. Obviously an improved version of the one shot. The art isn't that awesome but it's somehow fitting to the genre, and I expect the author to improve in the future.

And yes, i totally remembered Souma with the whole special High School thing, and a little bit of Nisekoi, too. We all know the success of those series in WSJ right now, so I can at least be optimistic this can survive.

New Reply