Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ichigo's Reiatsu Increase in Bankai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's Reiatsu Increase in Bankai

5-10x has NOTHING to do with reiatsu. If you got 5-10 times your reiatsu, Yoruichi would have said reiatsu. 5-10x power is how much your zanpakutou's new form helps you in battle.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Decorus View Post
    Ichigo's Reiatsu stayed the same during his entire training, except in the Anime where he just suddenly gets more, because he decided to.
    Reiatsu increase is a requisite for achieving bankai, Yoruichi makes a note of his growth. Yoruichi wonders how Ichigo will reach bankai, cuz she thought to extend the training so that he gets more time to increase his reiatsu since only his combat skills have improved.

When Renji comes into report the the new execution deadline, Ichigo does smash his sword and we can see that his reiatsu has been growing.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Decorus View Post
    Actually in the Anime she said the same thing in the Manga. In the Anime we have a filler sequence before Renji leaves where he is holding a broken sword, then for no apparent reason other then Ichigo was determined to reach Bankei his Reiatsu jumped massively.

In the manga she was mentioning that while his fighting skills were increasing rapidly his reiatsu was not changing at all so she was concerned he would not complete Bankai training.

Its fairly evident that Ichigo started the Manga with Captain level Reiatsu how else can you explain his sudden massive reiatsu leaps in desperate moments. Its not training its Ichigo using his existing Reiatsu better.

They even hint at that when he wounded the Menos Grande that Ichigo is only using the smallest trickle of his actual reiatsu normally.
    really what i'm thinking is: His reiatsu output during the training could have been the same as or close to when he fought kenpachi. Yoruichi says he needs more -> somewhere off camera he gets more and increases his reiatsu > captain level. Remember "captain level" isn't that great... Hitsugaya has captain level reiatsu so does Renji (probably) and Ikkaku. Ichigo clearly outclasses them, and he potentially gained a good amount of reiatsu during his training that brought him from captain lvl to "good" captain level.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All the Captains who have Bankai have Captain level Reiatsu. Keep in mind Ichigo was doing the same thing with his Reiatsu that Byakuya was from a much greater distance away. You could literally sense him coming from miles away.

Ichigo was born having already achieved that level of Reiatsu his maxium has yet to improve. He just had no control over how much he was expending so only a trickle escaped. Ichigo can not conceal his Reiatsu, so when he broke the sword he merely started using more then he had ever before training had nothing to do with it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member genkizen's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you Decorus,

MAYBE his Reiatsu has increased somewhat since the beginning through all the training and fighting, but mostly whats going on i think is that he is learning to utilize more and more and in smarter ways his massive reiatsu for battle.

I really wish he would take some time to learn to control his reiatsu better, i guess thats something that he's gonna learn to do over time though, his thing has always been learning stuff insanely faster than others. So he's learning all this stuff really fast but he doesn;t know the intricacies of the moves. For example Kido, he doesn't know ANY kido.

Sorry for that rant....

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Without good Reiatsu control its pointless to try and teach him Kidou.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zan2pacto View Post
    I figured this would be the appropriate place to put this topic. So everyone keeps saying "ichigo's bankai only increases his speed." While Byakuya did note this fact, does anyone else remember Yoruichi commenting on Ichigo's bankai training? She said he was going to need more of a Reiatsu output for bankai. Therefore, it is quite possible that Ichigo's reiatsu did increase substantially from his fight with Kenpachi to his fight with Byakuya. Also I believe black getsuga tenshou is more "powerful."
    On the converse its also possible that Ichigo's reiatsu was multiplied many times when he asked Zangetsu for his strength. Perhaps he has never had that much of a reiatsu output since then, and it would make sense that Kenpachi is still such a monster now. Also, if Ichigo relied on Zangetsu again, perhaps he would be able to go toe to toe with nnoi.

Overall, I think there is still much to be explained and I am hesitant to call Shinanigans just yet for KT's ~power~ consistency.
    Two things have been stated since early in the story, Ichigo has a massive reiatsu and he doesn't know how to control it. I can't remember when exactly it was said that controlling reiatsu was like opening a water tap, if you open it halfway you get water but if you open it all the way you get a whole a lot flowing, however, keeping it always open all the way will result in running out of water (i.e death in shinigamis case)

Ichigo didn't have a good control of his reiatsu when he fought Zaraki that Zangetsu himself had to pull Ichigo's reiatsu up (or add his own...whatever). When Ichigo was doing banaki training, he was fighting against his own zanpakuto and therefore had to pull his own reiatsu up by himself (in terms of controlling the water tap not gaining more water).
    Therefore after the banaki (reiatsu) training, Ichigo was already in top form at the beginning of his fight with Byakuya (beating 3 vice captains barehanded, catching up with Byakuya's moves...etc) and so there was no significance increase in his reiatsu when he went banaki, it was already at a bankai level.

The sword Ichigo smashed during his banaki training was a dummy and so I don’t see any significance in breaking it to bits.

On a different note: Zangetsu told Ichigo that he had to take Zaraki down with one strike, I think was Zangetsu did was getting all of Ichigo's reiatsu out at once and use it in that one hit (it was the only way to get a monster like Zaraki down) this is why Ichigo fell down and went unconscious afterwards Clicky while he was still able to get up and walk after his fight with Byakuya.
    Last edited by Silhouette; February 25, 2008 at 03:36 AM.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like someone said before, Ichigo's reiatsu was already at captain level. He just needed to be able to pull it out of himself!!
    So during the training, I am pretty sure that youruichi doesn't expect him to actually gain more reiatsu, but she expects him to call on it.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2