Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unknown Yonkou: Kaidou and the mysterious fourth one

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pirate-hitman:L's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Unknown Yonkou: Kaidou and the mysterious fourth one

Lola's mama!
    She is in the new world, after all.
    Anyone else think so?
    (Oh, and I haven't read Sahugani's review yet, but he probably has a better theory)

Moderator message by: Imitorar
    Thread re-opened.
    Last edited by Imitorar; February 25, 2008 at 11:40 PM.

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The fourth Yonkou is...(Theory)

I agree, i already wrote that a couple of days ago in the chapter discution thread.

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

i was thinking the same thing when i read the chapter, that would be awesome, a mayor pirate that is a female, cuz alvida was a very lil small fry, its amazing she even had a bounty
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Moria want to get his ass kicked by a Yonkou for the 2nd time.
    So I don't think it's Lola's Mom.
    Empress Hancock is much more possible to be a Yonkou.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

2 objections:

perhaps lolas mom = empress hancock or thinking another way perhaps kaidou = lolas mom; who knows (except maybe japanese could tell which gender kaidou has or sth. like that)

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Moria dosnt have to know lolas mom is a yankou he just attacked lola and thats it
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But I guess they are assuming that she would try to free her. Especially since we know about the "life-papers".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

lola's mom wouldn't have had any way to know about moria attacking lola.
    Thriller Bark is located in the florian triangle, a very remote and isolated place, which news don't get in and out from. And Lola wouldn't have been able to tell her mama that directly, coz she stayed in TB the whole time.

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the picture proves it. if you look at the pic when garp introduces the yonkou the upper left shadow has hair like lola's
    you can find i by using wikipedia.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OP_overlord View Post
    the picture proves it. if you look at the pic when garp introduces the yonkou the upper left shadow has hair like lola's
    you can find i by using wikipedia.
    that dosent probe it, when we saw the siluets of the shichibukai (in the arlong arc) they did not match at all
    the only reazon we saw WB and Shanks was becouse, we allready know they are yonkou

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gao_dargon View Post
    that dosent probe it, when we saw the siluets of the shichibukai (in the arlong arc) they did not match at all
    the only reazon we saw WB and Shanks was becouse, we allready know they are yonkou
    I completely agree we cant say its her because of the hair...
    But i still think that the fourth yonkou is Lola´s mom

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: The fourth Yonkou is...(Theory)

I think the fourth Yonkou is a female pirate but I don’t know who.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

When they showed the silhouettes of the Yonkou, none of them really looked like women, especially not Whitebeard and Shanks, although if it turns out Whitebeard is Lola's mom, that would be interesting.

I don't really like the idea of the crew having connections with more than one Yonkou. I mean, Luffy'd already be on pretty good terms with WB because of, you know, Ace. The Yonkou are, in the end, enemies of Luffy, after all, and are all competing for OP, so if they all were helping him out, it would unrealistic and Luffy and Co. should reach Raftel by themselves and their own talent.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    I don't really like the idea of the crew having connections with more than one Yonkou. I mean, Luffy'd already be on pretty good terms with WB because of, you know, Ace. The Yonkou are, in the end, enemies of Luffy, after all, and are all competing for OP, so if they all were helping him out, it would unrealistic and Luffy and Co. should reach Raftel by themselves and their own talent.
    It's not really unrealistic. Pirates had to help eachother once in a while. Bounties were created to turn them against eachother. It all depends on the pirate.

I always kinda imagined that Luffy an WB wouldn't get along too well. I had in mind more like Luffy - Garp relationship. Lot of yelling

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yonkou Study (of the unknowns)

A study of the two faces of the unknown members of the Yonkou

http://www.eastblue.net/picture/mang.../emperor03.jpg

Under his left eye, this emperor seems to have a " mouche " (french word meaning fly). Indeed, Oda has let a white little circle which means there is something special here.
    A mouche is a false beauty spot which was above all used in the XVIIIth century and was the symbol of finery and was stuck on the face.
    The mouche was used by the women ; so, the emperor - if it is as I think a mouche - must be a woman.

Another interesting thing is that the mouche was stuck on the face and some localizations have a special meaning about the personnality and the temperament of the person.
    Here, the emperor have a mouche near the eye which means the emperor is a murderous person OR a passionate person.

This second possibility reminds me of Lola's temperament. Plus, Lola said that her mother was a famous pirate in NW. If this mouche really means the woman is a passionate person, it could really be Lola's mom because she should be passionate and she is obviously a woman.

If it means murderous person, it reminds me more of Kaidou (who killed Moria's nakamas) but it would mean Kaidou is a woman (Kaidou could also be Lola's mom and have the both temperaments) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh
    Did you guy notice that in chapter 0, during the Edd war, Oda showed 3 captain pirates that were in Golden Shiki's fleet ? And did you notice one of this captain pirate was a female pirate ? Not a mere female pirate, a female pirate who had a tatoo on this foreheard : the word LOVE !

Could she be the last Yonkou, Big Mom ? The love theme, the gender and the age fit. Here she is.
    edit : she appears in the movie Strong World and is still a Captain under Shiki.

http://www.eastblue.net/picture/mang.../emperor04.jpg

Here, the emperor seems to have as pirate badge a moon. Can he be inspired of the pirate of Romance Dawn who had a " moon moustache " ? On the picture, it is possible to have a moustache under the nose because this emperor is a man and his face is dark under his nose and above his mouth. Plus, the emperor got a moon as pirate badge ... And in Romance Dawn, the " moon moustache " pirate said he will kill Luffy. I know this should have nothing to do with the story of the manga but it could be a way to introduce this yonkou as a sort of similar guy to this one who was supposed to fight again against Luffy and try to kill him (his boat was sunk by Luffy).

His moon symbol, on his hat, is obviously at his last quarter. Does someone know the mythological meaning, the beliefs etc ... of the last quarter of the moon ?

The moon can be linked to calendars (DF of time) and farming/growing (DF of nature/wood/plants).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Sabo may have survived and lost his memory :
    " The thing I'm most scared of is getting swallowed up in this country and becoming a completely different human being. "
    The best thing would be that he is Kaidou, the one that tried to stop Whitebeard from saving Ace. That's possible since we don't know when Moria was beaten by Kaidou.

X. Drake's will to meet Kaidou makes me think there is some past story involved there. The supernova was a Rear Admiral who decided to quit the Marine, and who currently wants to meet the Yonkou Kaidou as soon as possible. There come some new theories.

To me, X. Drake is a clever character and he knows very well that he and his crew doesn't stand any chance against the Yonkou. So I guess that X. Drake has some business to do with him, possibly about the Pacifista program - remember that he revealed in Shabondy that he has some information about it.

About Kaidou's past, I bet he was a former Marine Vice-Admiral and the Commander of the former G-5 Marine Base. That's why X. Drake wants to meet him and that is also how he met Moria in the New World. He only spared Moria's life and not his crewmates' because Moria was a famous Pirate Captain and thus could be turned into a Shichibukai by the government.

Kaidou's recent decision to attack the Whitebeard Pirates was only to prevent them from going to Marineford. He thought that Whitebeard would destroy the MHQ and sink the island. If he wanted to take Whitebeard's head, he would have done it before IMO. He wanted to protect MHQ as a former Marine for some reasons, probably because it brings peace to the citizen of the World Government.

The New World is also under the complete ruling of pirates because of Kaidou's defection. With this, the Marine lost a lot of their power they had got there after the Pirate King's death. Some islands which were under the G-5 Marine Base's control also became Kaidou's. The Marine has recently developed a new G-5 Marine Base in the New World but it is always full of problems.

Kaidou may have decided to turn into a Yonkou because there was no way for Marines to deal with New World. As a pirate, he got the right to do anything and he doesn't need to follow the MHQ's policy regarding New World's population, prisoners etc...

So I think he still wants as a ex-Marine to protect MHQ who is great to bring peace to Paradise and the Four seas but that does not mean he is not a bad guy in New World. Remember that it is the place where pirates gather, so a Marine or an ex-Marine could turn into an evil person there.

Kaidou could be a true nightmare because unlike other Yonkou - Whitebeard, Shanks and maybe Big Mom - he doesn't make pirates his allies but kills them without any mercy.
    In this case, Kaidou would be the ultimate bad guy in New World and the Straw Hat Pirates would have to fight him if they met him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; August 09, 2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: ADD NEW INFORMATION

16. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast