Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 109

Thread: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

  1. #16
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Starky-08 View Post
    Thats true, so then they must be someone Mayuri knows, because he was expecting to see them.
    I would not say that either. I don't think Mayuri was expecting to see those specific people haning there, but he was expecting Szayel's research specimens in his lab. I doubt that Mayuri knows the research specimens personally. At most, if one of them really is Cirucci, the privaron espada Uryuu fought, then he would have seen her through the surveillance bacteria he implanted in Ishida.

  2. #17
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Starky-08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Greystones, Ireland
    Country
    Ireland
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    I doubht it's Cirucci, Renji was just meeting up with Szayel, when Ishida and Cirruci where fighting.

    And maybe it's someone we haven't seen before.

    Click Image to Join
    I'm in need of members! and Mods!

  3. #18
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Starky-08 View Post
    I like the Urahara Yourichi thing, but I don't think it is, It could be someone Ishida knows and one Renji knows, for example Ishida would know that girl, but we dont know who it is any suggestions, and as for the one Renji knows, which would be the guy who is the ex 6th squad captain Ginrei Kuchiki, I'm sure Renji knows him since Ginrei was his teacher when he first became a soul reaper.

    From their reactions, the specimens do indeed need to be people that Renji and Ishida know. But that said, it can't just be any side character - if it was Ginrei or Chirruchi there does not seem any point to the whole keeping their identities secret; both as characters have existed so briefly in the manga as to impact nothing.

    I find myself agreeing with Patedcarne in his first post in this thread, when he said that these specimens are going to be extremely significant. There is no point in hiding them as silhouettes - or even giving Szayel a specimen vault at all - if nothing more is going to come of it than having the hidden identities be nothing but bit parts. Hence my earlier guess.

  4. #19
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    The problem with the real Urahara/Yoruichi theory is that they wouldn't let themselves be captured by comparatively weak arrancar like Szayel. And if someone else did, there probably would've been a big stir.

  5. #20
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    Quote Originally Posted by YJiang View Post
    The problem with the real Urahara/Yoruichi theory is that they wouldn't let themselves be captured by comparatively weak arrancar like Szayel. And if someone else did, there probably would've been a big stir.

    That is the major flaw with the whole idea, that either Urahara or Yoruichi could even be captured in the first place - by anybody, let alone Szayel. Especially given Yoruichi's unofficial title; capture does seem out of the question. Plus, we have Urahara having sent Ichigo and company off to Hueco Mundo in the first place, so he is accounted for, and recently.

    This is why I think the gigai part of the whole theory is necessary for the above idea to hold. I don't see Szayel having them in his closet. But copies of them? Then it becomes plausible.

  6. #21
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    Still, I don't think they'd let even a gigai get captured.

  7. #22
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    Quote Originally Posted by YJiang View Post
    Still, I don't think they'd let even a gigai get captured.

    Nor do I. But that's not quite what I was theorizing either. I believe these to be gigai or images that Aizen himself has made or had made. If Urahara could create gigai back in his days in SS and later on earth, then why not Aizen in HM? Aizen does have some soul science at his disposal, either of his own devising or his own R&D team. (Szayel?) Since we have his own words about earlier experiments with shinigami/hollow hybrids and seeing his experiments in the Gaiden, we do know he has some manner of background science at his disposal.

  8. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Away from home
    Country
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    Quote Originally Posted by patedecarne View Post
    ...
    *Mayuri doesn't seem surprised when he saw their faces, in fact, seems Mayuri somehow knew them, his words "Look what he have here" is somehow showing us that Mayuri could know something about it.
    ......
    On the contrary, Mayuri should be surprised if he KNEW their faces not the other way around.
    And "Look what we have here" could also mean "this experiment is interesting". In other words, Mayuri was interested in the experiments not the specimens' identity.

    Quote Originally Posted by patedecarne View Post
    ...
    * I really don't believe these bodies are Cirucci and Dordoni, like some people believe, because the time to collect the bodies isn't accurate, probably Szayel already was fighting with Renji in the time when Cirucci was defeated, and Szayel Apollo is a superior being than Cirucci and Dordoni, we know how Szayel is arrogant, sure he won't have inferior being like "precious secrets"
    ......
    It is Cirucci and Dordoni alright. The silhouettes match perfectly especially Cirucci's legs and "socks".

    1- Szayel didn't collect the bodies him self to assume that he didn't get them because he was simply busy fighting Renji, his underlings (Execution Squad) did.

    2- Why would Szayel bother collecting what you call "inferior specimens" if they were of no use?
    Heck, Szyale was able to benefit from a much weaker arrancar by engineering them for consumption and power restoration, imagine what he can do with former espadas who are above your average arrancar.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

  9. #24
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    On the contrary, Mayuri should be surprised if he KNEW their faces not the other way around.
    And "Look what we have here" could also mean "this experiment is interesting". In other words, Mayuri was interested in the experiments not the specimens' identity.

    One can’t doubt Mayuri’s interest here, but I’m starting to think that trying to infer surprise or lack of surprise from his few words and the look of his eyes is reading too much either way.

    I think that Renji and Ishida are both surprised as they are that gives away much more.

    Quote Quote:
    It is Cirucci and Dordoni alright. The silhouettes match perfectly especially Cirucci's legs and "socks".

    1- Szayel didn't collect the bodies him self to assume that he didn't get them because he was simply busy fighting Renji, his underlings (Execution Squad) did.

    2- Why would Szayel bother collecting what you call "inferior specimens" if they were of no use?
    Heck, Szyale was able to benefit from a much weaker arrancar by engineering them for consumption and power restoration, imagine what he can do with former espadas who are above your average arrancar.

    I am still leaning more toward Yoruichi than Cirruci as the slender profile extends at least to the top of the legs, while Cirruci has that dress that bells out at the upper thigh. Though granted, either one can be explanation enough for Ishida’s started look.

    The other profile does not really fit Dordoni. He wore long pants, but that looks like pants and a slighlty shorter haori/coat, which fits a captain or an exiled shopkeeper fairly well. If identifying the other figure as Yoruichi then Urahara makes definite sense. If it is Dordoni then we have no reason why Renji should look surprised, he did not see Dordoni at any time.

    Although surprise could equally be derived from the state of the bodies, I still feel certain that Yoruichi and Urahara better fit the profiles we see there.

    As to the above questions – I think we are asking the wrong thing here. Szayel will study privaron remains, inevitably. It is the nature of the scientist. I believe the point we should explore is why the manga even touches on the point of him keeping a secret vault and the contents of this vault. One would think there is a special importance to the fact, and Renji/Ishida’s reactions seem to bear this out. Are the remains of, say, Cirucci and Dordoni significant enough to swing a plot point like this on? That’s the other reason why I like the Yoruichi/Urahara gigai angle explored earlier on.

  10. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Away from home
    Country
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    I will not get into interpreting the reaction of Ishida and Renji because it could mean a number of things like "Experimenting on living beings is freaky" or "I know these people" or any thing else that people can come up with

    However, I find it very hard to say these bodies belong to Urahara and Yoruichi like some say.
    1- Trying to identify the hanged bodies from their silhouettes can be mis leading. For example, Cirucci's short skirt can be covered by the SFX and The Baron wore bell bottom pants . The Baron is definitely a valuable specimen. Szayel was after a sample of Ichigo's reiatasu (which Dordoni's wounds were infected with) and Szayel tried to even hide it from Aizen

    2-If it was a captain, who would it be? All the captains are out there and not one of them is missing and if it was Urahara then why isn't he wearing his trade mark wooden sandals?

    3- When could Yoruichi have possibly been taken captive ? Yoruichi is not so weak that any arrancar will beat her and take her back to Szayel's lab. Especially when considering that that all the espadas were shown to be in HM right after Ichigo and co went there, so who could have gone to the material world with the mission of capturing Yoruuichi?

    I am afraid things don't add up for the Yoruichi and a Captain/Urahra theory but they do for Cirucci and Dordoni
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

  11. #26
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    I will not get into interpreting the reaction of Ishida and Renji because it could mean a number of things like "Experimenting on living beings is freaky" or "I know these people" or any thing else that people can come up with

    However, I find it very hard to say these bodies belong to Urahara and Yoruichi like some say.
    1- Trying to identify the hanged bodies from their silhouettes can be mis leading. For example, Cirucci's short skirt can be covered by the SFX and The Baron wore bell bottom pants . The Baron is definitely a valuable specimen. Szayel was after a sample of Ichigo's reiatasu (which Dordoni's wounds were infected with) and Szayel tried to even hide it from Aizen

    2-If it was a captain, who would it be? All the captains are out there and not one of them is missing and if it was Urahara then why isn't he wearing his trade mark wooden sandals?

    3- When could Yoruichi have possibly been taken captive ? Yoruichi is not so weak that any arrancar will beat her and take her back to Szayel's lab. Especially when considering that that all the espadas were shown to be in HM right after Ichigo and co went there, so who could have gone to the material world with the mission of capturing Yoruuichi?

    I am afraid things don't add up for the Yoruichi and a Captain/Urahra theory but they do for Cirucci and Dordoni

    Not Yoruichi and Urahara, per se, but gigais of the pair, created by Aizen/Szayel/Aizen's R&D team. Explored in earlier posts.

  12. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Away from home
    Country
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    Quote Originally Posted by nordicbattlesigns View Post
    Not Yoruichi and Urahara, per se, but gigais of the pair, created by Aizen/Szayel/Aizen's R&D team. Explored in earlier posts.
    I am sorry but this is even less believable. A gigai limits the user's ability. It's absolutely useless for Szayel to make something like that.
    Why would he be interested in something that weakens the user and keep it in his most valuable collection?

    Please consider all other facts like collecting the bodies of Cirucci and Dordoni earlier and Szyale's interest in Icigo's reiatsu which can be described as "most valuable" and can be extracted from the baron's wounds. It makes much more sense than the assumption of having useless gigais of Urahara and Yoruichi just because they might fit the silhouettes better.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

  13. #28
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Grin Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    It possible that Aizen experiments on his fallen foot soldiers only to make himself stronger. I stand by my theory that he's only interested in Ichigo’s powerful reiatsu not the King.

    I don’t think for one moment that the two bodies hanging in Szayel’s secret room were someone from Soul Society or clones of Yoruichi and Kisuke. As for Mayuri-sama surprised expression and whether he knew them or not, it hard to say because his eye’s expression is unreadable and I really don't think Renji and Ishida’s knew them but was surprised to see two dead bodies hanging there.


    You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

  14. #29
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    If I recall, the Execucious or whatever, squad was collecting Doridonii and the others upon Szayel's behalf. During a conversation with Aizen, this was revealed, early in the Hueco Mundo arc.

    Now, we see there are bodies inside his lab. It's either coincidence, or Szayel was experimenting on them. There's a chance that those Arrancar are still very much alive, and will return to battle, but it's very unlikely.

  15. #30
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Igglemaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Wales
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Szayel Secret Room- Theories

    If aizen can manafacture gigais, who knows how far his influence has spread.

    Aizen has been working on something as far back as the gaiden. He didn't just randomly turn half of the GOTEI 13 into hybrids for no reason.

    I believe this relates to it.
    I also believe mayuri knew aizen was a betrayer, but didn't say anything out of gaining a posistion of power and caring nothing for SS, rememeber when they surrounded aizen? he was busy taking a bath.

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts