Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vizard's powers

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Naelyan's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Vizard's powers

I was wondering. do you think vizards might have their own kind of power... I mean, up till now, shinigami's have shikai, bankai and kido, quincy's have bows and accessories, arrancar have hollow abilities like cero, plus their own way to release their zanpakuto, these group even have their own "uniforms", but as far as we know, vizards only have their shinigami's abilities, plus at least one similarity with the arrancar which is firing cero,

But I was wondering if they might develop some ability of their own, something they might teach to ichigo once he finally gets a grip of his hollow power, maybe a release beyond bankai, since the whole purpose of blending shinigami with hollow power is to surpass shinigami's limit, it would make sense that they can surpass the last release shinigami can achieve.

Anyway, what do you think, any new power, what that might be, or is it that, and now all that's left is for ichigo to master these power...
    With Great Power Comes Great... Evil!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zeikku's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vizard's powers

I think that the power of the hollow simply amplifies the shinigami powers they already have and we see this when Hacchi says how he developed his barrier technique after becoming a Vizard and when hollow Ichigo does a black Getsuga Tenshou which is a better version of the original one.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but again, will it really be enough... let's assume ichigo master his bankai and his hollow power, he can keep his mask as long as he will, firing cero and all, at best that'd put him on par with top level espada, probably not even a match for aizen's bankai.

The way I see it, ichigo'll prolly be the one to defeat aizen in the end, just cause he's the main character, that's reason enough to me... so he would have to become way stronger than he could be even after mastering the power he already has...

So now that ichigo's kinda a vizard, even though he didn't joined the group, wouldn't it make sense if the next level was some kinda vizard power...

Well, to be honest, I'd find it just a little disappointing if all his hollow power did was boosting the power he already has... as far as we know for now, his bankai already only enance his speed so... that might only be wishful thinking, but I kinda wanna him to have some new power.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So far, Vaizard can do ceros too, so they can probably do balas too, and it seems that other than that they can just use way more reiatsu. Although, Hatchan seems to have developed some advanced healing and barrier kidou, so that could still be Shinigami, or his Vaizard powers could have helped him make it, since he did invent it AFTER he gained the powers.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I agree there's a possibility vizards might also be able to use balas, but it's also an arrancar that they would shara with the arrancar, much like ceros, what I wanna know he's what could a vizard power be like, one that would be unique to them, like all other groups have.

For hatchan, I agree I'd guess those healing and barrier abilities were probably already his speciality before he became a vizard, so that'd only be an enhancement once again, and the technique he invented after could be ameliorated versions of shinigami's kidou that his hollow power allowed him to develop... so if it can do that with kido abilities, could it allow them to take zanpakuto's release to a next level, that shinigami couldn't reach. After all, when vizard "tame" their hollow, the zanpakuto become dominant, once again, but maybe having a part hollow could allow a third release.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

well i doubt actualy that the vaizard do have any more enhancements then we currently have seen with them.
    the vaizard are capable off: normal shinigami powers upto bankai including the 4 ways of fighting, they posses a hollow mask witch cuts through the barrier of limits of the shinigami enhancing their powers far above that off shinigami, they learn certain hollow abilities like cero and probably bala. this has been shown upto now.

now the arrancar are capabale off: normal hollow powers depending on their class (normal hollow, menos class being gillian, adjuchas or vasto lodre), they remove their mask partial so they can do the same like vaizard cut through the barrier of limits of the hollow their powers enhancing their powers far above that off a hollow, they learn certain abilities like shown upto now being shikai (sealing their full powers into a zanpakatou). so as far i am concerned with the arrancar they want to achieve looking like normal humans but still want to proove they are hollows (this is the side thought of being arrancar), the second is possessing powers far above the hollows limit.

so i dont know if the vaizard are capable off more abilities but if it turns out to they can achieve more hollow powers then they do have right now it means that the arrancar have some sort off bankai so their species are kept balanced. Meaning if kubo wants ichigo to fight the 1st espada for example and the espada to achieve bankai it means that the vaizard also have an additionall power up beside their hollow mask.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Vaizard get all of both, unlike both sides.

Arrancar may have zanpaktou, but the way they release doesn't really "give them powers", it just adds size and strength and whatnot. Plus, they can't use kidou. As a Vaizard, they have access to the massive reiatsu that arrancar have, as well as their quick energy attacks, like Cero and Bala. But, they also have releases that don't make them hulking, and they have access to kidou as well, so they can bind and whatnot.

Neither Arrancar or Shinigami have access to both of those, just one or the other.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hm, interesting, I guess arrancar really could have some sort of additionall power up too. I actually thought more about a power up on the vizard side cause, well for a first thing, the arrancar are actually already very strong, and we don't even know if there's vasto lorde among the espada right now, while the weakests espadas are already a match for a captain. So I was wondering, assuming that ichigo masters his actual powers, what could be the next step, the next upgrade to make him stronger... but it's true, if vizard are to gain a new power, then so could the arrancar.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The idea of a third Vaizard release is a good idea, I think. They get the arrancar release, in addition to their shikai and bankai on the Shinigami end of the spectrum. Maybe they can cast kidou like Ceros and Balas, like do it automatically?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that'd be the only way ichigo's ever gonna do kido anyway... I also thought, like you already sais, vizard have all abilities from both side, so maybe a third release would be an arrancar-like release... if you think about it, if the hollow took over the shinigami's body... well, the other vizard would have kill him, but putting that aside... they would have become arrancars, wouldn't they... a hollow with shinigami power... so if that happened, wouldn't they have got a release like the arrancar do... maybe that's the power a vizard could gain... like zangetsu trained ichigo to get bankai, maybe we'll see his hollow, unwillingly, teaching him that release...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, then he could get into that total hollow form he entered during training. Although, that would kind of make them more like arrancar than shinigami, and there wouldn't be a difference between vaizard and arrancar anymore. Hmm, this is confusing.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we already know the only difference between them is, who's the king... I wonder if there's any hollow aizen used the hogyoku on that actually turned out with the shinigami's side being dominant... Maybe those bandage-like thing they're wrapped in is like hatchan's barrier while both side fight to gain control...

And anyway, he might not really turn completely into that total hollow form, that was most likely only the basic hollow instinct of a hollow whose mask wasn't broken, so it'd only be parts of that...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean the bandage like things they're wrapped in?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we've seen it with wonderweiss, i think it was in chapter 229 or so, he was all wrapped in some kind of bandage, like a mummy, when aizen was using hogyoku on him... that was just a though, but maybe it's like the vizard's barrier, while the hollow battles to gain control... but then, there's the question about, if vizard have an inner hollow, does arrancar have some kind of inner shinigami in them, that would be like, the person they were before becoming a hollow...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...no. With Vaizard, they have the darkness of a hollow in their soul, but with arrancar, they're just like a regular human when they arrive in SS with reiatsu: they materialize their zanpaktou and move out. So, there's no part of a shinigami within them, since even their zanpaktou is just their hollow form.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast