Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by Decorus View Post
    Actually Zeus Tails one of the things Itachi said was

"I have lost all hope for this pathetic clan."

We know for a fact that Madara was the brains behind the Uchiha Massacre.
    We also know that the only reason Sasuke lived was because of his potential.
    We also know that Sasuke is not and is likely completely incapable of actually commiting murder.

As for the thread everything in it is speculation including your thoughts.
    Sasuke is incapable of committing murder? So what was he trying to do to Itachi with the lightning jutsu?

Anyway, Sasuke is like the way he is now because of the circumstances in which he was raised. If Itachi conditioned Sasuke from an early age (by training or whatever) to be a hardcore killer, then Sasuke would be a hardcore killer. Sasuke looked up to Itachi and Itachi could easily influence him by just training him all the time and preparing his eyes.

To me the easier path seems to be the one where Itachi trains and toughens Sasuke up to the point where Sasuke would be capable of getting the MS, and then Itachi does a 180 and backstabs Sasuke, which would be easy since Itachi would have Sasuke's trust.

The harder path is making Sasuke hate Itachi and making him get stronger through the hatred. This is a harder path because there is a chance that Sasuke will actually succeed in killing Itachi.

Now, any reasonable person would take the easier path so there must be some reason Itachi opted for the harder path.

**EDIT**
    Also, even if Itachi truly wanted to massacre the plan, he could of done so and then tricked Sasuke into thinking someone else did it and Itachi tried to stop them/protect them. I don't think Sasuke would have much doubt for his brothers word, especially if Itachi uses genjutsu to trick him. It would be even easier to train/toughen Sasuke and gain his trust because Sasuke would be forced to depend on his brother a lot.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shrug I'm not sure what Sasuke was attempting to do with that pile. It certainly wasn't killing Itachi as he made it out of that alive. Name a single character in the Manga who Sasuke has killed, come on don't be shy name em. Oh wait thats right he didn't kill Naruto to get MS, didn't kill Sakura to make an easy escape from the village, didn't kill Deidara, certainly did not kill Orochimaru, did not kill any of the opponents Orochimaru sent him up against and was mocked by Orochimaru for his whole no killing policy.

Sasuke is not a killer he's just a scared little boy mad at his brother for not loving him.

Sasuke has proven time and again he is completely incapable of killing people.

Itachi was ordered by Madara and helped by him to kill all the Uchiha so its not like he had a choice.

Madara: "Its time we whacked all those useless Uchiha."
    Itachi "Yes Massa, thank you massa, can I give you another blowjob Massa?"

Itachi killed them, had help and let his brother live so one day he could get himself some EMS.
    People aren't particularly stupid its not like he could come up with a good excuse to get himself out of the mess.

3rd " So Itachi your saying this mysterious masked man slaughtered the entire Uchiha clan by himself and you managed to drive him off all by yourself."

Itachi "Yeap, Sasuke will even back me up."

3rd "So can you kindly explain why all the Uchiha were killed using jutsu and techniques favored by the Uchiha."

Itachi "Well I guess the masked one was an Uchiha."

3rd "Well can you explain why your fingerprints and dna are all over the various different slaughter points?"

Itachi "The masked man is trying to frame me?"

3rd "Can you explain why your brother was under a genjutsu?"

Itachi "I'm telling you it was a masked man, I'm innocent."

Come on give Konoha some credit here.....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about if Sasuke is capable (power-wise) to kill or are you talking about intent. He definitely has the power to kill someone and his intent behind the lightning jutsu was definitely to kill Itachi, so I don't get what point you're trying to make.

Fingerprints and DNA? It just looked like he slaughter them with his big knife. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure Madara did all the big work as Itachi was still a bit young then. I don't think there is a Forensics squad anyway in Konoha so the only way to pin Itachi to the crime is for him to admit it or if they caught him in the act.
    Last edited by Zeus-Tails; March 07, 2008 at 06:07 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member naru_naru's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

following the failed attempt of destroying konoha by the AK leader, konoha were in seriously bad shape but so was akatsuki, imo this is why after konoha was weakened akatsuki didnt attack.
    the fact that the ataksuki leader is a sharingan user and there are many sharingan users in konoha means that sooner or later konoha will come up with a way to counter the sharingan. also imo even if the clan scroll location is only known by mandara and itachi (i hope only mandara knows of location else it will become a plot hole) sooner of later some uchiha person will find it therefore spelling trouble for mandara. because he failed to take out the village, he did the next best thing imo and surgically took out the clan. now the only sharingan users with knowledge of using sharingan were in akatsuki.

ofcourse the way the manga is developing it could go something like:
    itachi: "sasuke just like how you saw the future of killing me, mandara saw the future, your eyes have potential greater then his, so he did everything to get your eyes."

something that doesnt make sense: itachi wanted sasuke to get MS before killing him but sasuke doesnt have them. a fight now is pointless if MS is the real reason.
    Last edited by naru_naru; March 09, 2008 at 02:19 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... I agree with this thread.

Sasuke: Why did you kill our clan?

Itachi: Not I. I'm innocent.

Sasuke: *shock* And who did it?

Itachi: I'll tell you, but you won't like it. The Uchiha I mean is known as the king of Uchihas and the unbeatible Ninja. The person I mean is Uchiha Madara.

Sasuke: And why didn't you tell me erlier?

Itachi: I had to keep that as secret to protect you.

Sasuke: NO WAY!

Itachi: What!?

Sasuke: I'd rather stab my eyes out to trust you und frankly: Your whole story sounds too incredible. I don't believe anything I can't see.

Itachi: *smiles* You wanna see it, huh? I'll show you in the last Tsukiyomi.

Sasuke: Very well. Show it, I can no longer wait for your death.

Well, that's my wish. But it's very very unlikely.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kthy0056's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Madara and Itachi killed the Uchihas because they were the only ones that can stop them.
    If you remember, Itachi said that only a Uchiha can survive Tsukyomi.
    So the Uchihas were able to stop Madara and Uchiha from receiving their plans.Let's say that Itachi's father is not killed and is killing his best friend and his sibbling and receiving EMS. He would be a great enemy to Madara and/or Itachi.
    So they killed them in order to avoid the Uchihas to become future EMS users, that can be a true pain in the ass to Madara and Itachi.
    Or...
    The Uchihas have figured Madara's and Itachi's plans and trey decided that killing them is the best way to keep their secret unrevealed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt the Uchiha were even remotely a threat to Itachi and Madara.

Itachi once he discovered the true purpose of the clan called them worthless... Madara and Itachi successfully killed every single member except Sasuke and themselves in a matter of hours without anyone being the wiser in all of Konoha. So I sincerely doubt they were a threat. It smacks more of ethnic cleansing or revenge and given how Sasuke has yet to successfully kill anyone more motivation for Sasuke to get MS.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kthy0056's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt the Uchiha were even remotely a threat to Itachi and Madara.

Itachi once he discovered the true purpose of the clan called them worthless... Madara and Itachi successfully killed every single member except Sasuke and themselves in a matter of hours without anyone being the wiser in all of Konoha. So I sincerely doubt they were a threat. It smacks more of ethnic cleansing or revenge and given how Sasuke has yet to successfully kill anyone more motivation for Sasuke to get MS.
    You got me wrong. They were not a threat at THAT moment. They were representing a FUTURE threat.
    For example: The Uchiha's knows Madaras and Itachis plan. They train hard and reactivate at first the MS and some of them the EMS. Then the majority of the clan will have the MS and the EMS, to use in battle with Madara and Itachi. This way Madara and Itachi will certainly loose since they will confrot with a higher number of Uchihas with powers as them.
    Another good example: Sasuke now because he was sparred twice, it's almost good enough to kill Itachi. If Itachi would have killed Sasuka long time ago, he would have gone blind at one moment but he will not be hunted and almost killed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What future threat Madara, Sasuke and Itachi were the only ones capable of producing MS in the entire clan. No one else compared to Itachi and we all know Itachi's power with Sharigan is nothing compared to what Sasuke has in one part of one Sharingan just like Madara. There was no real future threat. As far as we know for the entire 60 years since the founding of Konoha there have only been 3 people who had the potential to develop MS.

Its pretty obvious that Shodai and Madara's major arguement was over the Uchiha tendency to slaughter each other for power. The Uchiha obviously sided with Shodai and Madara was just out for revenge.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    1) Why did Madara help him?
    The most probable reason is that the Uchiha Clan and Madara's ambitons could no longer coexist. Just as Itachi grew to despise the clan and lost all hope in it, perhaps the same thing could be said for Madara. Likewise, it is possible that Madara's motives for the Uchiha massacre stem from what occured on the night of the Kyuubi attack.

About five years passed between both events. There is the matter of how Minato was aware of Madara/Akatsuki/whatever that needs addressed. Perhaps someone from the Uchiha Clan didnt' like Madara and told Minato at the last minute what was going on. Coupled with "betrayal" along with Madara's current reservations about the clan would have pushed him over the top.

Quote Quote:
    2) If Itachi wanted to fatten up Sasuke (make him stronger so he can take the eyes for himself), why didn't he just train Sasuke himself, making Sasuke get the Mangekyou and then backstabbing him like Madara did to his brother?
    Your sibling doesn't need the MS in order for you to obtain the EMS. It was only stated you obtain MS and use your sibling's eyes to make that power permanent. At first glance, Itachi encouraging Sasuke to become like him and obtain the MS seemed very important. Now we know it has a lot to do with nothing at all, and it's simply Itachi wanting Sasuke to suffer even more so by becoming "possessed" by the MS like Itachi and Madara have experienced.

And as for the matter of leaving Sasuke there, it would appear Madara and Itachi had other things to attend to. There's no need to waste time with Sasuke because both Uchihas knew Sasuke would eventually pursue, especially after Sasuke had ripen his "nice, juicy" eyeballs.

Quote Quote:
    These two points raise a lot more questions. Why did Madara have to gain by murdering his clan? What were Itachi's REAL motives in complying with Madara?
    Apparently Madara had a lot to gain by killing his clan. Otherwise, he wouldn't do it. And as for Itachi, we know his REAL motives. We know his own personal reasons for eliminating the clan. He despised the clan and he wanted to test his strength/capacity/container/whatever. Killing the clan was simply a means to an end.

Quote Quote:
    Sadly, I have a feeling we won't get a definite answer for a long time, but maybe someone here can give a plausible analysis on this topic.
    If I had to take a guess, I believe Kishi will reveal the secrets of the Uchiha Massacre by having it serve as a transition into what occured on the night of the Kyuubi attack.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it that the real reason for killing the whole clan was to get another power - the Susanoo?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Isn't it that the real reason for killing the whole clan was to get another power - the Susanoo?

"That fateful day" is the day Itachi gained the MS when he killed Shisui.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

What future threat Madara, Sasuke and Itachi were the only ones capable of producing MS in the entire clan. No one else compared to Itachi and we all know Itachi's power with Sharigan is nothing compared to what Sasuke has in one part of one Sharingan just like Madara. There was no real future threat. As far as we know for the entire 60 years since the founding of Konoha there have only been 3 people who had the potential to develop MS.

Its pretty obvious that Shodai and Madara's major arguement was over the Uchiha tendency to slaughter each other for power. The Uchiha obviously sided with Shodai and Madara was just out for revenge.
    Well said. I don't think Shodai was the type of leader who would stand by and allow the Uchiha's saga to destroy the village.

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    "That fateful day" is the day Itachi gained the MS when he killed Shisui.
    I am not sure whether I agree with you. I think that fateful day is when Itachi and Madara slaughter the clan or Kyuubi’s attack.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi might've killed his clan to test himself, and later on discovered that he actually needed his brother's eyes to make his mangekyo eternal.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hokage View Post
    I am not sure whether I agree with you. I think that fateful day is when Itachi and Madara slaughter the clan or Kyuubi’s attack.

Itachi is speaking of "that fateful day" in accordance to when Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susano-O were unlocked. How did Itachi unlock the MS? By killing Shisui, hence "that fateful day" being the night Itachi killed Shisui for the overwhelming power the MS possesses.

New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast