Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 151

Thread: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

  1. #31
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member naru_naru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by Decorus View Post
    What future threat Madara, Sasuke and Itachi were the only ones capable of producing MS in the entire clan. No one else compared to Itachi and we all know Itachi's power with Sharigan is nothing compared to what Sasuke has in one part of one Sharingan just like Madara. There was no real future threat. As far as we know for the entire 60 years since the founding of Konoha there have only been 3 people who had the potential to develop MS.

    Its pretty obvious that Shodai and Madara's major arguement was over the Uchiha tendency to slaughter each other for power. The Uchiha obviously sided with Shodai and Madara was just out for revenge.
    there is only one flaw in your argument that i can see:
    - orbito: was meant to be a drop out, he has no real potential as a ninja. but kakashi took his sharingan and unlocked the MS. surely if orbito, who is a failure of a uchiha, has sharingans which can obtain the MS then i am sure there are more similar cases out there. therefore even if each individual sharingan user is weaker then mandara/itachi/sasuke the greater numbers of sharingan users plus konoha ninja make them a serious threat.

    i agree the most obvious dispute was over ritual killings of sharingan users being the big objection. and imo konoha + the uchiha = serious threat, therefore the village was attacked by kyuubi. once that failed the uchiha clan was taken out surgically to prevent konoha from getting an edge.

  2. #32
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    Kyuubi attacked the village at least 5 years before Uchiha Madara and Itachi slaughtered the Uchiha clan. Remember Sasuke was in the academy and Naruto is pretty much the same age as Sasuke.

    Your assuming that it was Obito's eye that let Kakashi do what ever he did to unlock his variation of MS when for all we know its all Kakashi and not a sliver of Obito.

  3. #33
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member naru_naru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by Decorus View Post
    Kyuubi attacked the village at least 5 years before Uchiha Madara and Itachi slaughtered the Uchiha clan. Remember Sasuke was in the academy and Naruto is pretty much the same age as Sasuke.
    madara was the architect for both the kyuubi attack and the massacre. imo the time line supports my initial point that there is a possibility that madara felt it a risk leaving uchiha with konoha. my reasoning is this:
    - the initial attack on the village failed, the village survived and the kyuubi was not only stopped but kept as a weapon for konoha.
    - the second attack was 5 years later, plenty of time for madara to regroup and attack the village again, so why only attack the uchiha clan? i believe there is significance there.
    mandara realising it is far more efficient and less risky to eliminate the source of the problem planned to kill the uchiha and thereby removing any risk they posed and reducing konohas potential ability to combat madara. i agree that the uchiha clan as a stand-alone group dont pose much of a threat against madara however with the uchiha clan working along with konoha becomes something that might inhibit madara's plans. this is a theory so i dont expect it to be absolute, however in my opinion it is a strong theory that explains the massacre and still fits into the story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Decorus View Post
    Your assuming that it was Obito's eye that let Kakashi do what ever he did to unlock his variation of MS when for all we know its all Kakashi and not a sliver of Obito.
    i dont understand are you assuming that every sharingan pair posses identical abilities/potential?
    because that would kill the keeping sasuke alive reason. could you elaborate on the above please.

  4. #34
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    The Sharingan could just be a reflection of an individual's chakra driven abilities and knowledge of utilizing doujutsu just as any other jutsu. Obito was weak with jutsu and chakra manipulation, his eyes don't have their own chakra, so Kakashi's use of the Sharingan will differ from Obito's. For Obito it may be more natural and require less chakra to use, but that doesn't mean Kakashi wouldn't be better at actually using it.

  5. #35
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    Sasuke is better then Itachi with Sharingan he is considered by Kyuubi to have potential on par with Madara. Itachi is about on par with Kakashi in terms of ability with less ninjutsu and more genjutsu. We have seen Itachi use 3 MS techniques Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi and Susanoo. We have seen Kakashi use a single technique that required him to gather up a large amount of chakra to activate and he had almost no real control over it. Kakashi and how he obtained his MS is unknown and for all we know its just a poor imitation of the MS that Itachi used.

  6. #36
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    I doubt Kakashi could be on par with a man who was the captain of ANBU. Also, as poor as Kakashi's MS is, it exhibits it's own unique jutsu which would be a time/space jutsu instead of a genjutsu, fire jutsu, and summoning jutsu.

    All I recall the Kyuubi saying about the similarities were that Sasuke has the same cursed blood Madara has or that Sasuke's blood was as cursed as Madara's own blood.


    (Please read from right to left.)

  7. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by segua View Post
    I doubt Kakashi could be on par with a man who was the captain of ANBU. Also, as poor as Kakashi's MS is, it exhibits it's own unique jutsu which would be a time/space jutsu instead of a genjutsu, fire jutsu, and summoning jutsu.
    ANBU Squad Captain is probably the lowest achievement on Itachi's list. Kakashi was probably one too. Beating Orochimaru at 11, Akatsuki Member at 11, etc. are much greater accomplishments than that.

  8. #38
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member naru_naru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by Decorus View Post
    Sasuke is better then Itachi with Sharingan he is considered by Kyuubi to have potential on par with Madara. Itachi is about on par with Kakashi in terms of ability with less ninjutsu and more genjutsu. We have seen Itachi use 3 MS techniques Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi and Susanoo. We have seen Kakashi use a single technique that required him to gather up a large amount of chakra to activate and he had almost no real control over it. Kakashi and how he obtained his MS is unknown and for all we know its just a poor imitation of the MS that Itachi used.
    i thought this also. however, if it were the case that it is the nin and not the sharingan that equates to the abilities of the sharingan then why keep sasuke alive when any sharingan would do? i believe there is a significance in keeping sasuke alive and that is his sharingan are of superior quality. imo its a mixture of both the quality of the sharingan and the users ability that equates to the sharingan strength. an analogy would be neji and hinata.

    if obito's sharingan have the potential to reach sharingan then why not others? and with capable users it would equate to more then just a minor annoyance for mandara.

  9. #39
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post


    Itachi is speaking of "that fateful day" in accordance to when Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susano-O were unlocked. How did Itachi unlock the MS? By killing Shisui, hence "that fateful day" being the night Itachi killed Shisui for the overwhelming power the MS possesses.
    Sasuke remembers the "fateful day" in which his clan was killed. He remembers why Itachi spared his life, and why Itachi did what what he did. Now, in order to gain the same power as his brother, he must kill his closest friend…

    THAT was the fateful day... ameterasu,tsukuyomi and susano wasnt unlock after he killed shisui... it was unlocked on THE day. That massacre day.... right?

  10. #40
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    He unlocked them after he killed shisui. You saw his MS when he got into the arguement with the Anbu. Sasuke noticed it and his father explained there are only a handful of people who have ever achieved that state.

    MS is simply not possible for most Uchiha to achieve, lots of people attempted to do what Madara did and all of them failed....

  11. #41
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroff View Post
    ANBU Squad Captain is probably the lowest achievement on Itachi's list. Kakashi was probably one too. Beating Orochimaru at 11, Akatsuki Member at 11, etc. are much greater accomplishments than that.
    Well I dunno about that but it seems that every time Kakashi encounters Itachi, kakashi isn't as calm as Itachi is. This shows that Kakashi isn't so confident if he'll win against Itachi while Itachi is very confident that he'll win.

    I think before, you mistook my sarcasm for Kakashi.


    (Please read from right to left.)

  12. #42
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kickrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    The Uchiha clan definitely posed a threat to Madara.

    First of all simply because of the fact that the MS has popped up in the past within Uchiha members, means that the possibility of it surfacing again within another Uchiha individual is highly probable. Plus there seems to be a genius nin every generation, so another genius like Itachi sprouting up within the Uchiha Clan is also very likely. Its naive to think that only Itachi and Sasuke could possibly awaken the MS. Also Sasuke wasn't even remotely equal to Itachi in terms of ability when they were younger, yet everyone expects Sasuke will be able to unlock the MS. And just the possibility that another MS could be awakened, leads to the possibility that another EMS could. And that poses a threat to Madara. Firstly because thats what makes Madara so powerful, and him being so evil, naturally he would want to smash anyone who could gain a power equal to his. I mean he killed his own brother in order to gain the MS, so the notion that he would kill again to keep it all for himself is nothing of a stretch. Also everyone is forgetting the fact that the EMS is capable of controlling the Kyuubi, just the possibility of the Kyuubi ever being used against him is also reason enough to destroy the clan. Also Madara is hell of old, which means he's found a way to counteract time, for how long who knows, but just the possibility of him living for an indefinite amount of time, supports the possibility that someone else with EMS could surface to rival him.

    Theres something else too, with the appearance of Madara the idea of Itachi trying to measure himself up against the clan is kind of bs, because he had Madara right in front of him, if he wanted to measure himself up against someone, the greatest Uchiha to ever live would probably be a good opponent.

    So seeing as how Madara means to stand atop the ninja world, sharing power with anyone doesn't really seem to suit him. For that reason i'm thinking theres no way he'd let Itachi gain EMS.
    Because even if Itachi just ignored Madara and went straight for measuring himself against the clan, he would eventually, with enough power, attempt the same with Madara. And that's a threat.

    But whatever, I guess well just have to wait and see.
    Shindara Doudeska

  13. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroff View Post
    ANBU Squad Captain is probably the lowest achievement on Itachi's list. Kakashi was probably one too. Beating Orochimaru at 11, Akatsuki Member at 11, etc. are much greater accomplishments than that.
    Killing the Uchiha Clan is probably the lowest achievement on Itachi's list. Despite the fact Kakashi mentions Itachi becoming an ANBU Captain at the age of thirteen here as well as admitting inferiority here, the topic of Itachi killing the clan has never been brought up once by Kakashi nor anyone else for the matter throughout the manga.

    Itachi's greatest feat of hype would have to be defeating Orochimaru at the age of eleven. Itachi > Oro has been confirmed on three separate occasions throughout the manga - Once by Sasuke and twice by Oro himself.
    Last edited by Franckie; March 13, 2008 at 12:47 PM.

  14. #44
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroff View Post
    ANBU Squad Captain is probably the lowest achievement on Itachi's list. Kakashi was probably one too. Beating Orochimaru at 11, Akatsuki Member at 11, etc. are much greater accomplishments than that.
    I begun to think about this lately.

    Itachi killed the clan? Yes, but with the help of Uchiha Madara so it wasn't his (sic) achieve alone and therefore doesn't count too much for me.

    Itachi was a member of Akatsuki at the age of 11? Yes, he was. but remember he's Madara's b*tch whose only reason of existence seems to be to have a skillful disciple with Sharigan for Madara. So I suppose his skill is not the major reason why Itachi joined Akatsuki at such an early age.

    Itach could defeat Oro at the same age? Yes he did and I give credit for that. I could argue that Itachi "just" used some genjutsu and Sasuke figured this weakpoint of Oro very quickly out, too but this was seemingly Itachi's work alone.
    Same goes for the Anbu captainship. I don't think Madara did help Itachi somehow with that; Itachi IS an excellent shinobi after all.

    @Franckie: maybe it's not common knowledge that Itachi murdered the Uchiha clan? It appears to them that it was just some randome guy with a mask? Unlikely but possible. Who knows?

  15. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra Wolf View Post
    @Franckie: maybe it's not common knowledge that Itachi murdered the Uchiha clan? It appears to them that it was just some randome guy with a mask? Unlikely but possible. Who knows?
    It's common knowledge that Itachi slaughtered his family. Chiyo brings it up as does Kisame, but it's never brought up in a manner which tells you Itachi is super-duper strong. It's things such as Kakashi as well as Orochimaru admitting inferiority that primarily cement Itachi's strength.

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts