Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Rikudō Sennin Seal

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rikudō Sennin Seal

I have been wondering for a while about Rikudō Sennin ninjutsu he used to seal the Juubi within him. Madara said RS used a seal that is passed quietly on today.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page015.html

But as we know the sealing jutsu used to seal a bijuu in a person is different between jinchuuriki or at least Nauto's, Yugito,s and Garra's seals. Garra got the 1 tail sealed within him while he was in his mothers womb and naruto got his when he was just born. And according to the data book 3 Yugito got the 2 tails sealed within her when she was 2.

I was wondering did everyone get the sealing ninjutsu from the 1st Hokage when he gave the bijuus to other villages as a sign of peace, or did each village create their own sealing ninjutsu?

If he did in fact give them the ninjutsu, how did he learn of it. Did he learn it from Madara who with his MS could see RS secrets in the tablet he left behind. Or did he himself was able to read it cause he was a Senju and a decedent from RS himself as the Uchiha's where. Or did RS make another tablet or left scrolls with the secret to the Senju as he did for the Uchiha's. Because he himself choose his younger son the Senju decedent as his successor not his older son the Uchiha decedent. If so he would not have just left his secrets to one son, but left them for both sons. And that is how the villages got there sealing ninjutsu.

But if they each created their own sealing ninjutsu what happen to RS sealing ninjutsu passed on as said by madara? I was thinking that the sealing ninjutsu RS left behind was the Shika Fuujin Minato used to seal the kyuubi within Naruto. Because according to Kakashi this ninjutsu is still not understood well http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...5/page013.html. Also this Shika Fuujin how did Minato learn it? How did he know it would work? Cause the caster dies when it is used as shown by the deaths of Sarutobi and Minato himself. Maybe Minato stumble or was given secrete papers or scrolls left by the 1st hokage with the secretes left behind to his clan by RS. And that is why he held strong beliefs that this ninjutsu would seal the kyuubi away. Also according to Madara RS split the Juubi's power in 9 bijuus. This sound sorta like how Minato was able to split the Kyuubi's power in two by Separating the Yin and Yang from it. He sealed the Yang within Naruto and the Yin according to Jiriaya in the Shika Fuujin
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...0/page011.html
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...0/page012.html
    Also why did minato have so much faith in Naruto that he would be able to handle the kyuubi and one day control its power. Was it cause he knew Naruto had some Senju blood which also holds RS's blood. And knew that RS was able to survive the Sealing ninjutsu and when he sealed the Juubi in him and they sealed it away in the 9 bijuus. And he believes Naruto holds this same power to handle the seal and the kyuubi as RS did?

What do you guys think?

Anyone else have their own ideas on how the villages created their sealing ninjutsu?
    Last edited by NAM61; December 07, 2009 at 07:52 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rikudō Sennin Seal

Let me add that Roushi got Yonbi sealed in his body in his childhood, although we don't know at what age precisely. This info was also in the third databook.

That being said, I don't think the age of the person to become jinchuuriki matter much, it simply give the host more time to tame the beast and lengthen his utility time for the village. So the age at which they became jinchuuriki doesn't mean their seal are fundamentally different.

They said rikudou Sennin started a religion based on ninshuu (that would later become ninjutsu), maybe the monks passed down the sealing methode to the warriors ninja before they finally end up in the various village secret scrolls. For exemple, Gaara said Shukaku was in some monks possession before he was sealed into a boillers. That monk could have been Suna's first jinnchuuriki and he could have been the one to give the sealing methode to Nidaime Kazekage (since the third databook said he was the Kazekage who started the jinchuuriki reshearch). Konoha could have gotten the formula from the fire temple.

As for the seal technicallity, according to the databooks, the Hakke no Fuuinshiki is the jutsu Minato used to seal Kyuubi into Naruto. The Shiki Fuujin was used to split Kyuubi soul into yin and yang parts, then seal the yin part with Minato into the shinigami's belly (it could also indicate Kyuubi was striped from a helpless host). Anyway, the yang part was sealed into Naruto using the Hakke no Fuuinshiki and Minato. The Shiki Fuujin was necessary only because Minato wanted to split Kyuubi chakra. If he had kyuubi readily avalable for sealing, like it seemed to be the case for Shukaku as Chiyo sealed it into Gaara, the Hakke no Fuuinshiki should have been suffisant.

I don't think Minato had much faith in his son to master Kyuubi, he added a Shishou Fuuin on the top of the Hakke no Fuuinshiki to protect Naruto. It may be the gates that we see in Naruto's mind, but not in Killer Bee's.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/91/12/
    Last edited by Gingitsune; December 07, 2009 at 01:40 AM.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    Let me add that Roushi got Yonbi sealed in his body in his childhood, although we don't know at what age precisely. This info was also in the third databook.

That being said, I don't think the age of the person to become jinchuuriki matter much, it simply give the host more time to tame the beast and lengthen his utility time for the village. So the age at which they became jinchuuriki doesn't mean their seal are fundamentally different.

They said rikudou Sennin started a religion based on ninshuu (that would later become ninjutsu), maybe the monks passed down the sealing methode to the warriors ninja before they finally end up in the various village secret scrolls. For exemple, Gaara said Shukaku was in some monks possession before he was sealed into a boillers. That monk could have been Suna's first jinnchuuriki and he could have been the one to give the sealing methode to Nidaime Kazekage (since the third databook said he was the Kazekage who started the jinchuuriki reshearch). Konoha could have gotten the formula from the fire temple.

As for the seal technicallity, according to the databooks, the Hakke no Fuuinshiki is the jutsu Minato used to seal Kyuubi into Naruto. The Shiki Fuujin was used to split Kyuubi soul into yin and yang parts, then seal the yin part with Minato into the shinigami's belly (it could also indicate Kyuubi was striped from a helpless host). Anyway, the yang part was sealed into Naruto using the Hakke no Fuuinshiki and Minato. The Shiki Fuujin was necessary only because Minato wanted to split Kyuubi chakra. If he had kyuubi readily avalable for sealing, like it seemed to be the case for Shukaku as Chiyo sealed it into Gaara, the Hakke no Fuuinshiki should have been suffisant.

I don't think Minato had much faith in his son to master Kyuubi, he added a Shishou Fuuin on the top of the Hakke no Fuuinshiki to protect Naruto. It may be the gates that we see in Naruto's mind, but not in Killer Bee's.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/91/12/
    well minato did have faith in naruto controlling the kyuubi. that is why he left a jutsu for him in the frog scroll. even in the data book 3 it hints that he saw something in his son

(Main text

Minato learned from Jiraiya and taught to Kakashi. Uncommonly talented, he was instated Hokage at a young age. A faculty to come up with original jutsu one after another, a strong-willed heart brimming with kindness; one could almost gaze upon the village's bright future through Minato. Until Kyuubi attacked it. Minato divided Kyuubi's power and entrusted a part of it to Naruto, the son he'd had in the meantime with Uzumaki Kushina. What is it his eyes have spotted in his very own child?

Captions

As a father and as a leader, he entrusts the shinobi's future to his own child.

Is it okay... if I borrow the name of this novel's main character?

Picture comments

By naming his son, Naruto, after the main character from a novel, he does a great honor to his master Jiraiya.

What was Minato's true purpose when he sealed Kyuubi's Yang chakra into his son...?)

so i think he knew something about naruto that made him believe he could control the kyuubi. also in the entry for the kyuubi it says it knows naruto's secretes and madara's. something is up.
    Last edited by NAM61; December 07, 2009 at 10:19 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

But the databook cover up to chapter 402 and was published on september 2008. On chapter 440, publish on April 2009, Minato told Naruto that "I sealed half of the demon inside you because I knew you'd learn to use it someday... because your my son." then "A parent always believes their kid can do anything, no matter what."

Unless Minato is hiding something or the Namikaze have some special skill or characteristic Naruto is unaware of, I'm under the impression it's nothing more than a father's faith in his son.

Edit: Rereading my first post, the last sentence was poorly phrased. Let me give it another try.

Minato knew the control a bijuu was a huge taste, manageable by only a few (like Yagura or Killer Bee). So he gave his son as much help as he could, sealing only half of Kyuubi, adding special protections to make Kyuubi's chakra less intrusive. He believed his son would be able to master the fox in the long run, but put some efforts to rise the odds in Naruto's favor.
    Last edited by Gingitsune; December 08, 2009 at 04:41 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

but he made the seal to leak chakra so that naruto could use it.i think that's different than sealing a bijuu up totally.his mother being a jinchuriki i'm sure minato had thought this out before the QB attack.even if that would not have gone down,naruto would have surely been the next jinchuriki....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Thabor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    The two Shishou Fuuin are integral part of the seal, they aren't some kind of separate thing put on top. Hakke no Fuuinshiki = 8 Trigrams Sealing Style/Formula. Shishou Fuuin = 4 Element/Symbol Seal.. Two different Shishou Fuuin gives one element/symbol to correspond to each of the trigrams.

As far as I know we've never seen what Bee's seal looks like from the inside.

Edit:

Sorry, looks like this was necro bumped..
    Last edited by Thabor; September 13, 2010 at 08:14 PM.
    Hey Kishi, even Madara knows...

New Reply