Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

At first, all we had to go by was what Itachi told Sasuke. He wanted to test his abilities. Now we see that Itachi wanted Sasuke to utterly hate him so Sasuke would strive to become stronger and eventually seek the Mangekyou Sharingan which Itachi would steal.

However, there is something wrong with this:

1) Why did Madara help him?
    2) If Itachi wanted to fatten up Sasuke (make him stronger so he can take the eyes for himself), why didn't he just train Sasuke himself, making Sasuke get the Mangekyou and then backstabbing him like Madara did to his brother?

These two points raise a lot more questions. Why did Madara have to gain by murdering his clan? What were Itachi's REAL motives in complying with Madara?

Sadly, I have a feeling we won't get a definite answer for a long time, but maybe someone here can give a plausible analysis on this topic.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

Honestly i think Madara is tricking Itachi to steal Sasuke eyes so then Madara can jumps into the body of who ever wins between the brothers and regain the Eternal Mangekyou and have the Kyuubi as his pet.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it sucks that even near the end of the brothers fight, we still have no clue of the real reasons of the massacre and the emotional dialogue that should have been taking place between the brothers turned into :
    _ S I hate you
    _ I GIMME EYES ! I wanna be like my indestructible teacher ...
    ... who sucks now
    _ S ha ha ha ! your jutsus are nothing in front of my haxor hatred
    _ I you noob, GIME EYES ! GIMME ! GIMME !
    _ Z for those who just turned radio Zetsu on, let's repeat that Sasuke is currently having the upper hand !
    _ S you bastard
    _ O haha I am out, now time to kick some ass
    _ O (dies)
    _ I EYES ! EYES !

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cedrk View Post
    Honestly i think Madara is tricking Itachi to steal Sasuke eyes so then Madara can jumps into the body of who ever wins between the brothers and regain the Eternal Mangekyou and have the Kyuubi as his pet.
    Well, that still doesn't explain the reason behind the massacre. Like I said, it would have been easier for Itachi to just personally train Sasuke, make him get MS, then steal it rather than murdering his clan and risk the chance that Sasuke may become stronger than him through all that "hatred training."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Real Reason Behind Uchiha Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    At first, all we had to go by was what Itachi told Sasuke. He wanted to test his abilities. Now we see that Itachi wanted Sasuke to utterly hate him so Sasuke would strive to become stronger and eventually seek the Mangekyou Sharingan which Itachi would steal.

2) If Itachi wanted to fatten up Sasuke (make him stronger so he can take the eyes for himself), why didn't he just train Sasuke himself, making Sasuke get the Mangekyou and then backstabbing him like Madara did to his brother?

These two points raise a lot more questions. Why did Madara have to gain by murdering his clan? What were Itachi's REAL motives in complying with Madara?

Sadly, I have a feeling we won't get a definite answer for a long time, but maybe someone here can give a plausible analysis on this topic.
    I love the way your mind thinks and I totally agree with you, well said. Throughout the Uchiha’s history, clan members kill each other for great power. We know that the Uchiha’s descendent from the Hyuuga clan and they haven’t massacred their own for great power yet. The many sons and daughters a Hyuuga and an unknown person who maybe evil has given birth to, that would explain why the Uchiha’s are cursed.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kunoichi_Hada's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi seems to like someone who seeks power, he didn't see himself as the captain of Konohas police nor as the clan heir and leader. He wanted more as that, he wanted more power.
    Now seriously how many times in the manga universe have characters gone insane in the progress of gaining power and taking over the world?
    About Madaras help, seriously I don't know who is using who at the moment. I always thought Madara was the bad guy. Either Madara is using Itachi or reverse. I'm looking forward to that answer.
    The possibility of training Sasuke and to take his eyes later on... lol It just seems like a bad joke... Itachi had enough of playing the older caring brother, so why bother with the younger brother any further?

My impression is that the Uchiha's Clan past will reveal more as just that matter... there might be an even greater thing as just the clans history.
    I bet the Hyuuga's have a hidden lore or a revelation about the Uchiha's History, besides that the Kyuubi seems to be familiar with the Uchihas, he also could be used as source to gain information on that matter. also what's with that Granny cat??? ... meh, i still didn't get that part...
    What I'm really interested in is the ANBU's Investigation File of the Clans massacre. Did they found the secret room in which the clan story or whatever is stored in and what was their conclusion?
    Last edited by Kunoichi_Hada; March 05, 2008 at 07:31 PM. Reason: forgot to put some stuff...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uchiha Madara : "Your supposed to Bow before me I made you and I'll unmake you..."
    Random Uchiha: "Yeah about that well the Shodai wants to stop all this insane killing each other for power and well he has a whole lot of good points so we are going to side with him, have a nice life.."

Uchiha Madara: "I will have my revenge even if it takes me 60 years to do it, but someday an Uchiha will come to me and seek the true power of the sharingan and he will help me wipe the gimpy lot of you off the face of this world!!!"

Seems pretty simple to me.

As for 2. That requires you to understand a simple fact about Sasuke he's not a sociopathic killer who will do anything for power, so training him up would be a little difficult especially when your boss wants you to help him murder the entire clan for rejecting him 60 years earlier to follow Shodai.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member binkansarariman's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Madara is facing another problems with his eye(s). Perhaps the other hidden one behind the mask is already blinded by amaterasu (or any possible unknown doujutsu). So in order to obtain a very powerful eye as replacement, it is impossible with just simply take on a random uchiha and gouged off his eyes. He must create a scenario where some uchihas are to kill among themselves, pushed themselves beyond their limit and forced themselves to discover new heights for their doujutsus. The last survivor of uchiha will surely obtained the most powerful eyes (well, at least technically). So these are the eyes that Madara's sought.

He just used Itachi as his pawn to get Sasuke's or the other way round...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amatersu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the only way you can get Mangekyou is to kill your best friend. If everything was going great, awesome older brother who personally trains you, best at everything, popular why would you kill your best friend? Sasuke wasn't a cold hearted bastard before Itachi and Madara killed everyone. Doing that pushed Sasuke out into the mental state where he could kill his best friend if it meant getting revenge.
    frack.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amatersu View Post
    Well the only way you can get Mangekyou is to kill your best friend. If everything was going great, awesome older brother who personally trains you, best at everything, popular why would you kill your best friend? Sasuke wasn't a cold hearted bastard before Itachi and Madara killed everyone. Doing that pushed Sasuke out into the mental state where he could kill his best friend if it meant getting revenge.
    Well Madara and his brother somehow got the Mangekyou and they seemed to be close brothers, so Itachi could probably coax Sasuke into killing his best friend. Furthermore, it would depend on how Itachi raised Sasuke to think.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Two reasons why the Uchiha clan was massacred:
    1. It was a future threat to Madara.
    2. It didn't live up to Madara's ideals and expectations. So in order to have an Uchiha that lives up to Madara's ideals, Madara wanted to start a new Uchiha clan.

For the Itachi-Sasuke relationship:
    1. Itachi couldn't train Sasuke because ANBU was after him.
    2. Itachi has been trying to protect Sasuke from Madara since the very beginning. So in order for Sasuke to stay undetected, Itachi remained distant and continuously refused to train Sasuke.

I'm starting to think that the Kyuubi was probably a former Uchiha or something. An entity made from the collective negativity of humans. Sasuke seems to be a foci point of hatred.

I wonder if Madara found a way to turn someone into a biju or something.Maybe a proper human sacrifice is needed in order to summon forth the Kyuubi into the world.

(Please read from right to left.)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by segua View Post
    Two reasons why the Uchiha clan was massacred:
    1. It was a future threat to Madara.
    2. It didn't live up to Madara's ideals and expectations. So in order to have an Uchiha that lives up to Madara's ideals, Madara wanted to start a new Uchiha clan.
    Both of these points just seem like speculation. Please don't pass them off as facts.

Quote Originally Posted by segua View Post
    For the Itachi-Sasuke relationship:
    1. Itachi couldn't train Sasuke because ANBU was after him.
    2. Itachi has been trying to protect Sasuke from Madara since the very beginning. So in order for Sasuke to stay undetected, Itachi remained distant and continuously refused to train Sasuke.

I'm starting to think that the Kyuubi was probably a former Uchiha or something. An entity made from the collective negativity of humans. Sasuke seems to be a foci point of hatred.

I wonder if Madara found a way to turn someone into a biju or something.Maybe a proper human sacrifice is needed in order to summon forth the Kyuubi into the world.
    1. My point was that Itachi wouldn't slaughter the clan just to make Sasuke strong when an easier and safer rout would be to train Sasuke hard and betray him like Madara did to his brother. The ANBU was after him after he started to act strange, which may have been due to him knowing he ultimately would kill all of the Uchiha.

2. Again, this is a speculation. Don't try to pass it off as fact.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The ANBU was after him after he started to act strange, which may have been due to him knowing he ultimately would kill all of the Uchiha.
    Well, Itachi joined Akatsuki at least 2 years before massacring the clan. You might think that his best friend Shisui would start notice his actions were somewhat suspicious.
    The police squad suspected Itachi only because of Shisui's suspicions (they have strictly nothing on him when they confront him) and I don't think anything was ever said about ANBU being after him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Zeus Tails one of the things Itachi said was

"I have lost all hope for this pathetic clan."

We know for a fact that Madara was the brains behind the Uchiha Massacre.
    We also know that the only reason Sasuke lived was because of his potential.
    We also know that Sasuke is not and is likely completely incapable of actually commiting murder.

As for the thread everything in it is speculation including your thoughts.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Both of these points just seem like speculation. Please don't pass them off as facts.

1. My point was that Itachi wouldn't slaughter the clan just to make Sasuke strong when an easier and safer rout would be to train Sasuke hard and betray him like Madara did to his brother. The ANBU was after him after he started to act strange, which may have been due to him knowing he ultimately would kill all of the Uchiha.

2. Again, this is a speculation. Don't try to pass it off as fact.
    Nah, I understand what you were talking about but when you consider the actions and speech of Itachi, it seems odd. Include Madara into it and such and you could paint different pictures. Of course as some had said, we could take Itachi by his words and what was presented to us.

As you were wondering, could there've been other ways of instilling so much hatred for Sasuke to grow stronger other than killing the clan? Sure. Killing the parents might've been enough but then again, the rest of the Uchiha clan might interfere with Itachi's plans by comforting and easing that hatred. By making Sasuke suffer lost of loved ones and loneliness, the kind of hatred Itachi hoped to achieved would be satisfied.

Of course I still find it strange that Itachi grinned happily at what Naruto said to him.
    Last edited by segua; March 06, 2008 at 05:45 PM.

(Please read from right to left.)

New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast