Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinland Saga by Makoto Yukimura

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinland Saga by Yukimura Makoto

Well, there wasn't much action in chapter 57. But judging from the last pages, a lot is going to happen in next ones.

I like the way the young master was introduced, but his character is a bit too... exaggerated? He's too obviously an opposite of Thorfinn. I don't think such an idiot could survive these times, even if he was a son of a farm owner. But contrast between him and Thorfinn is necessary to show how much Thorfinn has changed, I guess.

Spoiler show

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nehszriah's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you there. I don't think things are going to stay in Ketil's farm for very long though from the looks of it. Something in my gut is telling me Einar and Thorfinn are going to need, or be forced, to hustle out of there.

Spoiler show
    Be true, be you and, of course, be otaku.

Come visit me at my homepage. I also have a fan fiction archive of most of the things I've written.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Okuni Sensei's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The young master's only seventeen (*avoiding tomatoes from all the youngsters of MH*), he lives in a privileged situation. Then, even if he received a minimum of education with weapons (I do believe like Shanamir he's a bit exaggerated), it's definitively not at the level of a kid like Thorfinn who grows in battlefield.

Then I'm looking forward to see which one between Einar and Thorfinn he will pick, in any case it'll be epic... But if it's only the "young mister", there's probably not that much ruckus, some slap and it's done. I'm sure than even Einar still can hush him up.
    The real danger are the followers, the band won't stay still and will surely attack, and here it'll be the real fight for Thorfinn.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone! There's a new chapter up on Binktopia's homepage! It's a bit of a short one, but it still gets a bit of story in.

http://dl02.mangashare.com/Vinland_S...nktopia%5D.zip

Spoiler show

Come visit me at my homepage. I also have a fan fiction archive of most of the things I've written.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ameya730's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

nice chapter i can almost see thorfinn waking out of his memory lose in the next chapter when he realizes that he is about to be killed and his body moves reflexively what would be interesting is if he cuts down the master's son due to this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

noooo, a whole month or more before we find out what's going on in that boy's head..

Could be right about the memory loss thing.

Another thing; considering how suspicious the whole thing was from the start, and how she probably knows what those guys are like, I wonder if Agnes has gone for the master.

Einar's better than expected in a crisis though.
    Last edited by Ratatosk; October 29, 2009 at 04:49 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Okuni Sensei's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Binktopia being faster than Hox? It's quite a surprise ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    Einar's better than expected in a crisis though.
    Unlike the master's son, he went through a lots of things. It would have been awkward to present him as an useless guy.

I'm a bit confused with this chapter, especially with his attitude of sacrifice
    Dunno if it's for his blockade. Since in last chapter he remembered the raids he took part, then the blockade is about Askeladd's death only.
    Let's see if his "memory back" will have any real consequences.

About Agnes, well, I don't think she knows about the plot. She stays still probably because slave's words are not that important and wouldn't have change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by of myself
    I'm sure than even Einar still can hush him up.
    I was right xD

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts exactly on Thorfinn. It does explain his attitude that he has memory loss, also the author would have a difficult time explaining it otherwise.
    Last edited by nat; October 31, 2009 at 12:58 AM.
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

Tricked you

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't say I'm satisfied with the new chapter. Judging from the way the previous one ended, I thought it would be more dramatic... but there were more comedy scenes instead. I don't really know how to explain what I think... but two main characters being killed is quite a serious thing, yet this chapter is more like a comedy... just look at page 16.
    And if that man with slanted eyes thinks that slaves like Einar and Thorfinn should be treated like objects which can be disposed of, why does he bother explaining them the whole situation? It's unconvincing.
    But I'm curious about the next chapter, of course. I hope Thorfinn won't end up killing Orman. Or being killed (just joking).
    I'm sorry if there are some mistakes in my post - I'm a bit sleepy.
    Last edited by Shanamir; October 29, 2009 at 06:23 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tumerking's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt Thorofin has memory loss. His only goal in life was to kill Askeladd, and he failed. He's just depressed.

It's not that complicated.

Gantz is my crack

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tumerking View Post
    I highly doubt Thorofin has memory loss. His only goal in life was to kill Askeladd, and he failed. He's just depressed.

It's not that complicated.
    Actually, yes and no. Severe depression, which is what you know Thorfinn has to have, has been known to cause memory loss in the form of suppression. When an individual is depressed enough over a certain event, they could block it out so the memory is essentially lost. It would be the same thing as when a traumatic event is hyper-remembered to the point of ridiculousness, except the opposite effect.

It can be more complicated, it might not be. We don't know until it comes, so better have some cards on the table to make things interesting.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tumerking's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, i mean he hasn't forgot anything. He doesn't have any memory loss. It's not complcated. The only reason he's acting "bored" is because he's depressed.

What makes you think he's forgotton something?

Gantz is my crack

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this thread seems to be so full of spoilers : |
    Spoiler show

We are just unsure if he has lost his memory and dreamed about the past that morning.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Could just be a nightmare, how often have you woken up from a fuckhorrible dream with no memory of what it was that scared you so much..? And hopefully most of us haven't seen as much nightmare fuel in real life as Thorfinn has (that's what reading Berserk is for).

I agree that he's probably just traumatised/depressed. Mind you that last page we saw of Thorfinn at the 'end of the prologue' did have a huge spiral overload of flashbacks from his life. I think it's more likely to be just Thorfinn going crazy from the shock of Askeladd's death, but it could be interpreted as memory loss. But surely if he'd forgotten his entire live in a viking war-band he wouldn't look so unimpressed at some idiot pointing a sword at him, even if he does have a death-wish.

Hopefully next chapter will answer some questions; I appreciate the courage of the storyteller to force his readers to come up with random theories to explain the main character's sudden personality change, but it's been months now..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

something like this.

New Reply
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast