Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 23 of 93 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Volume 51 (ch492-502) Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mrai's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 494 Discussion/495 Predictions

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Wasn't expecting Duval to have Sanji's bounty poster face. We were all thinking who could it be but we never ever guessed this. I laughed a lot in this chapter and based on what happenned last chapter I won't even try to predict what will happen next chapter.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member OPNpwnz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 494 Discussion/495 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzen Shinkiro View Post
    I am well aware of that, hence why Dragon's bounty is probably easily the highest of them all due to his own status as the world's worst criminal. However, in Dragon's case, I believe his strength alone is enough to earn him at least a $500,000,000+ bounty nonetheless. He is probably stronger than the Shichibukai, Yonkou and the Marines individually. However, I doubt Dragon will ever fight anyone other than the government. Maybe the Shichibukai due to them being the government lackeys and all. I don't think anyone's bounty will go over $1,000,000,000, though. Seems unlikely. But if it does, it will probably be something like in Pirates of the Caribbean where Jack's bounty was 10,001 and Barbosa's was 10,000 just for kicks.
    I think maybe the only 1,000,000,000 bounty IS Dragon. He is the biggest threat to the WG because he starts rebellions against them and topples their regimes, something pirates dont do. And dragon looked pretty badass, he definitely is super powerful, the way he saved luffy and beat smoker. And if he did have a DF it would definitely be a Logia.
    Trolls will be shot, Survivors will be shot again =P
    Proud to be the person who coined the Phrase Staringan cuz you know you love it =D

Supporter of all Shonen mangas.
    My two favs One Piece and Naruto

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece One Piece 495 Discussion/496 Predictions

Chapter 495 is out! Come and get it HERE

How will the Straw Hats fix the life the World Government has hilariously ruined? Read this chapter, and come discuss and predict it here!

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member pcxxy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 495 Discussion/496 Predictions

great chapter! i bet duval's going to end up looking like sanji! except for the reversed brows! ;p

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

So Luffy has again some kind of upgrade after now there is no need to deal with powerless characters, they will just pass out thanks to luffy's aura. He is just like Shank now

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kikuna992's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy has developed the power, which Shanks used against White Beard's Crew and against the Sea Monster. It could be a sign of greater things to come. maybe its a power all "D"s develop when they're powerful enough or something.

Duval is definitley going to end up looking like Sanji

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, guys. Wasn't sure where to post this. Anyway, the other day I was browsing the inner cover - you know, where Oda often depicts what happens to soandso after their defeat/arc is over - of some old OP mangas and I came across something very interesting and relevant. Basically, from OP 182 and later, the cover arc tells what happens to Hachi after Arlong's defeat. It features Hachi, Caimie, Papagg, the Macros as well as would-be future characters. I guess it's kind of a spoiler, but not of the scale that you'd want to avoid. I recommend you guys check it out.
    Last edited by nanakawa; April 04, 2008 at 04:25 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was nearly as hilarious as last weeks... And certainly more awesome (Sunny unleashed for the win!) What Duval will look like, I don't know. Sanji with reversed eyebrows is a logical guess, but I don't know if Sanji would wanna share a face with Duval... As to the "aura" thing, it is NOT a "weapon of the D's", or anything like that, or Roger would have used it and walked right out of Loguetown. Luffy scared Motobaro because Motobaro's horns wouldn't work on him (heck, they probably wouldn't even work on Brook) and because he was strong enough to stop the charge. So Motobaro got scared. You CAN get scared enough to faint in One Piece (see Usopp vs. Pelona). And again, Shanks does NOT fight with "aura". It's just a way of making an impression. And Shanks isn't a "D", so I don't wanna hear any "Redhaire D. Shanks" garbage.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wing_gundam's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda certainly made it look like Luffy had an 'aura', but that has nothing to do with being a "D".

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked how oda combines sanjis real luck, maybe his best luck ever and his worst bad luck
    -> his luck: camie saving sanji
    -> his bad luck: Duvals face
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think duval is going to look exactly like sanji and love it since wg wont be looking for him anymore.... After that sanji is going to be pissed and beat the crap out of duval. Later on either duval, carmie or hachi will guide the strwhats to merman island.

I think that the reason the bull fainted was because luffy is subconciously developing that thing (ki, chakra, karma, aura.... idk) shanks used in whitebeards crew, but his is weaker since he had to be very close to the bull for it to faint while shanks ki, chakra, aura, karma made half of whitebeards crew faint, and he wasnt even that close to them.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

hahahaha lol hahahaha, can't stop laughing, we're in an era of pure gold chapters right now (sadly some don't realise and delay it after others but thats another story and not my problem).
    so ftw ... this chapter is going to create many new avatars sooner or later ^^
    was that a new record of "face faults" ?
    anyway I'm looking forward to see how Duval now looks like (would be prettty damn cool if it were either like himself or like zoro)
    either way the fight should be finished, and luffy get even more interested in camie (fastest swimmer for the dumbest drowner anyone?)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It would indeed be fun if duval ends up looking like a bizarre version of zoro, sanji would be so happy...

Luffy is getting more interested in carmie, but i think that instead of her joining it will be another merman or mermaid they will find on merman island. Carmie is awesome but i dont see her joining the crew since she isnt a strong fighter. also carmie doesnt have legs, which should be troubling for her when she is walking on solid ground.
    If a mermaid does join the crew, she most likely be older than 30 (I think this was the age kokoro said mermaids tail splited, i could be wrong though) so that she can walk on land.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member black_crow's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say this was a truly great chapter
    I wonder what Luffy did? I also think that it might have to do with the thing Shanks and Whitebeard had.... hmmm intresting

But I cant wait to see Duval's new face, i bet it will be worth the wait

not to mention Chopper's and luffy's faces on page 11 and 13...priceless
    http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/Kendarath/ES21/moodset/?action=view&current=008.jpgHow could you not love this face?

Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

lol yea..i agree i tink he used his spirit energy unconsciously or sumting..i guess it's abt time he haf a bit of tis ability since he's goin to e new world pretty soon and e elite fighters there use their spirit to fight in battles..if luffy doesnt haf a bit of tis spirit to spark his growth in battles he might as well forget it n go home XD since he cant rely solely on strength to deal wif strong guys in e new world..well at least tat's my opinion though..hehe

Thread Closed
Page 23 of 93 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast