Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 381

Thread: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

  1. #121
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member neomaster121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Not really. He said it himself that he has to go serious.
    If you don't believe me, check this out:
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/112/12/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/112/13/

    They were both going at it.
    Don't distort the facts in order to reinforce your point.



    It would be a close call with Zoro.
    But I don't get it how Luffy couldn't deal with Robin alone. Sure, she has a good chance of poking him in the eye, or go after his nuts, but that's all she can do. She can't exactly break his spine, or any other bone of his.

    And I'm not really sure that Luffy could beat entire crew. But it would be a scary experience for them. Just remeber how he dealed with big Moria with his combined gears.
    lol i have to agree with you on the last one robin coudn't do much to Luffy
    gear 3 n luffys too big to for her lol

    also im not usre but isn't her power kinda useless on the muscly like usless since she isn't physically strong enough to put the hurt on them thats why a Zoro's zombie broke free of her clutch


    Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

  2. #122
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by neomaster121 View Post
    also im not usre but isn't her power kinda useless on the muscly like usless since she isn't physically strong enough to put the hurt on them thats why a Zoro's zombie broke free of her clutch
    To a degree yeah.
    But there are ways in which you can make people's joints to work against them. I think she is able to do it, based on what I've seen so far. One example would be Pell. He couldn't make use of his strenght in the situation she put him in, and then fainted after being unable to breath for a while. I thought she broke his neck when I saw it the first time.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  3. #123
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    大秦
    Country
    Bavaria
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,458
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    well it might be diffrent for zombies... but remember Franky? every man has a weak spot *d'oh*


  4. #124
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    ok so I have now read this topic and found that very few people have introduced new information and instead make claims that have been refuted many times so here is my opinion

    If luffy and zoro fought, right now at this point in the story plot, to the death luffy would win because by his own admission zoro any ambition he has would be worthless if he can't protect his own captain
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/11/

    so although i have no idea who is stronger because they have not fought recently and they don't have any recent fights against common opponents that gives one a clear strength advantage over the other, zoro would be unable to kill his captain and luffy has shown time and time again that he doesn't ever quit in a fight, so luffy would come out victorious simply because zoro wouldn't be able to kill him.

  5. #125
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Superman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Zoro is an idiot and the weird book......well......too.
    @RAZH im with you and support you.

    If Oda says they are equal then he has to show it better and more because right now it seems like Luffy is stronger.
    Maybe Oda says they are equal but where is it shown??? Zoro has a very great stamina and maybe even greater stamina, i have to admit it but thats all for now.....im not convinced that Zoro has such a battle force like Luffy.
    Anyway
    There are aguments with the speed and stuff and bla bla bla, but just take a look at RAZHs posts he exlpained and destroyed them.( have to say i didnt read it all)
    Without a gear they are almost equal but with gear......man no chance for Zoro.

    If they would be emotionless Luffy would win, but they have emotions and like g4291991 it is a very big part in their fight too. im in a hurry cant write anymore bye
    Last edited by Superman; December 15, 2008 at 03:24 PM.
    March 28, 2006—Pampering pets with designer goods isn't so unusual—and now even your houseflies can get outfitted in style.



    The fly has cooler glasses than me!!!
    EHHHHHHH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE CONTACTS WOOOOOT

  6. #126
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member camil222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    luffys a d. there you go! haah doesnt makes sense. but we all saw that d. all have extreme will power. and im pretty sure that luffy can beat mr1 with his gigant axe. like ok he can use swords, but wat do u thinks gonna happen? hes gonna cut through his foot? hell no! when luffy used gigant gear against lucci, he went all the way through his tekai, and tekai is as strong, or probably stronger than steel in luccis case. like his gigant gear isnt just a balloon, its actually fkin hard, like harder than steel, especially with all the power and speed going at it it makes it even harder (a little collision and energy physics here would prove it). and ok zoro can dodger a bullet, but i doubt he could keep up to luffys gear 2. plus luffy lets say theyre both equal, well ok zoros smart, but from memory zoro only fought wiht pure strength to fight his enemy, while luffy actually used his brains to defeat enemys. and if you that guy dont kno his name is so sure that zoro would defeat him just cause he can cut through rubber, well ok luffys weakness is getting cut. but just check enel vs luffy, luffy was enels weakness, and in that arc you could see that enel couldve have easily defeated luffy without using lightning. so in conclusion for that, well even if luffys weakness is zoros swords, luffy can still use his brains and beat zoro somehow, wich i think is more logic. plus luffys a d, he has stronger superhuman strength than zoro. its a fact, it doesnt say it anywhere but its obvious. like without swords zoro would be dead, although he can still manage without them, but luffy without his fruit, would still be a big threat.

  7. #127
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Putting Daz Bones vs. Luffy as a comparison was a complete fail.

    I could just as well say that Zoro couldn't even touch Enel, but Luffy has beat the shit out of him.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  8. #128
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member neomaster121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by g4291991 View Post
    ok so I have now read this topic and found that very few people have introduced new information and instead make claims that have been refuted many times so here is my opinion

    If luffy and zoro fought, right now at this point in the story plot, to the death luffy would win because by his own admission zoro any ambition he has would be worthless if he can't protect his own captain
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/11/

    so although i have no idea who is stronger because they have not fought recently and they don't have any recent fights against common opponents that gives one a clear strength advantage over the other, zoro would be unable to kill his captain and luffy has shown time and time again that he doesn't ever quit in a fight, so luffy would come out victorious simply because zoro wouldn't be able to kill him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Putting Daz Bones vs. Luffy as a comparison was a complete fail.

    I could just as well say that Zoro couldn't even touch Enel, but Luffy has beat the shit out of him.
    but Zoro think's it's his responisbility to help maintain his captains dream as well as his own shows the weight he puts for his dream n luffys

    superman im not gonna comment to u lol i still remember the old arguements lol

    hey if i remember correctly razh that was an arguement saying at that time luffy wouldn't have been able to beat mr 1


    Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

  9. #129
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    @neomaster I completely agree with you my point was simply that right now zoro wouldn't be able to beat Luffy in a fight because he has completely invested himself in Luffy's cause. Let me rephrase Zoro supports Luffy because he sees that by playing second fiddle to Luffy that is the way to accomplish his dreams, he realizes that the only way to accomplish his dream is to support Luffy, so in fight Luffy would win simply because it would be detrimental to Zoro's dream to win the fight and that it would simply propel Luffy closer to his goal to win. So basically Zoro has more to gain by losing against Luffy (his dream is to be the strongest swordsman so he suffers no real set back by losing to Luffy a nonsword user.)

  10. #130
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Superman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs Up Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by neomaster121 View Post
    superman
    im not gonna comment to u lol i still remember the old arguements lol
    WTF did i wrote there?! Man i was in a hurry. Just wanted to say that Luffy is, IMO, stronger in gear 2 and 3. NEONMASTER YOU IGNORANT ASSHOLE DONT IGNORE ME EVEN IF YOU DIDNT DAMMIT!!!! joking. Of course you can write against my opinion. It doesnt have to get out of hand like it did back then with us but write your opinion,......i know you hate mine right here but..... Anyway its been weeks or month ago when i was here last time,to be honest i totally forgot that i even opened this thread just saw it remembered it and made a comment.
    Last edited by Superman; December 15, 2008 at 04:57 PM.
    March 28, 2006—Pampering pets with designer goods isn't so unusual—and now even your houseflies can get outfitted in style.



    The fly has cooler glasses than me!!!
    EHHHHHHH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE CONTACTS WOOOOOT

  11. #131
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tenryuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dans Un Harem Avec Des Sirènes
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like

    WSJ Pirate Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Not really. He said it himself that he has to go serious.
    If you don't believe me, check this out:
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/112/12/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/112/13/

    They were both going at it.
    Don't distort the facts in order to reinforce your point.
    Of course, that's why he couldn't cut trough a sandal.

    Quote Quote:
    It would be a close call with Zoro.
    But I don't get it how Luffy couldn't deal with Robin alone. Sure, she has a good chance of poking him in the eye, or go after his nuts, but that's all she can do. She can't exactly break his spine, or any other bone of his.
    She could trow him in Water and the balls thing is an OHKO.
    Plus she could use sharp objects and a lot of other things like trapping his movements and stuff...

    Quote Quote:
    And I'm not really sure that Luffy could beat entire crew. But it would be a scary experience for them. Just remeber how he dealed with big Moria with his combined gears.
    Zoro, Robin, Franky and Sanji wouldn't be scared.

    Quote Originally Posted by g4291991 View Post
    ok so I have now read this topic and found that very few people have introduced new information and instead make claims that have been refuted many times so here is my opinion

    If luffy and zoro fought, right now at this point in the story plot, to the death luffy would win because by his own admission zoro any ambition he has would be worthless if he can't protect his own captain
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/11/

    so although i have no idea who is stronger because they have not fought recently and they don't have any recent fights against common opponents that gives one a clear strength advantage over the other, zoro would be unable to kill his captain and luffy has shown time and time again that he doesn't ever quit in a fight, so luffy would come out victorious simply because zoro wouldn't be able to kill him.
    We all know that they won't fight till death.
    OP is a manga about true friendship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Putting Daz Bones vs. Luffy as a comparison was a complete fail.

    I could just as well say that Zoro couldn't even touch Enel, but Luffy has beat the shit out of him.
    Daz Bones will beat Luffy but on the other hand Enel will beat Zoro.
    I brought that argument cuz people were saying Luffy beated stronger opponents that Zoro while it's obvious that Luffy is choosing his adversaries and that Zoro always agrees(Luffy's the Captain).

  12. #132
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by neomaster121 View Post
    ok i'll show u a few direct images
    kaku dissappears Zoro blocks his attack by reacting
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/401/06/
    oh Zoro can't see kaku but moves his sword with enough speed even though kaku's using Soru blocking the incoming attack
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/401/08/
    i already replied to this point

    the end of fight with odz
    the fight luffy needed nightmere mode plus the entire help of his crew to defeat the guy?
    that's right, so what's your point?

    u only use manga references gd then start using them to make your points otherwise u opinion means little to me
    i said that because you were telling me to "watch the anime". if you want to prove luffy is weaker than zoro, rather than me your biggest enemy will be common sense since in that case scenario it simply wouldn't make sense for luffy to always fight against the strongest enemies leaving the weaker ones to zoro and the crew.
    anyway if you wanna say zoro and luffy's strenght levels are very close or even that zoro is stronger than luffy then i'd gladly accept your opinion without forcing mine upon you, and since i already wrote my arguments in my previous post and i don't want to repeat them over and over again


    you guys think speed such an issue
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/467/03/
    Zoro attacks so fast franky completly shocked about the time of which Zoro used the technique a technique used while dodging an attack

    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/467/06/
    this attack is a speed attack inself where Zoro reappears after a charge behind his opponent
    omg you gotta be kidding, that is just the most common among the effects used in shounen series when two swordmen use special techniques, and there's no disappearing effect anyway

    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/474/04/
    deflects a direct punch from a being far larger than giant with almost no effort at all
    i already replied to this too
    look at the previous page he was day dreaming about his swords weight

    long range attacks
    no problem when u can do this
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/474/05/
    huge yet still an incomplete attack due to lack of mastery oo i wonder what would happen if it was fully mastered
    i guess you missed the point, i said luffy could do long range attack with his 2nd gear's super speed, this attack sure is long ranged and powerful (all of zoro's techniques do massive damage anyway) but it still lacks speed

    Zoro durability and quick recovery
    he was knocked out several times but still stands up ready to fight
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/474/05/
    luffy also withstood lucci's ultimate technique 3 times (plus the previous damage taken during the fight); i don't think there's any evidence to state who's got more stamina or durability because they are both monsters at withstanding pain and wounds

    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/480/15/
    Luffy unable to defeat odz all by himself
    Zoro and the crew have quite a high amount of involvement in the end
    Wait Luffy needed to be carried by brookes before he could deliver his final attack
    once again what's the point? noone here said luffy could defeat odz by himself, personally i just said odz' hits are as powerful as luffy's third gear's attacks, i never said luffy was as strong and though as odz and of course that was an opinion too, there's no evidence to confirm or deny it anyway

    Zoro survives n stays concious for at least a few hours while the crew rested after taking all of luffy's pain from gears nightmere mode hits inflicted on him etc plus his own pain
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/19/

    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/510/17/
    Zoro's aura has increased from only effecting his oponent (databooko says this in the description) to effecting those watching the fight
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/510/18/
    make of this what you will but either Zoro cut him 9 tails in a split second or Zoro's illusions did some cutting
    that's zoro's strongest technique all right, i don't care about auras or things like that as long as they don't produce effects during fights and i don't really trust databooks, they are made just to make some more money, besides can we really be sure that they were written by Oda himself? (because usually they aren't written by the authors)

    just a bit of manga envidence to just prove a few things about Zoro's speed and stregnth and endurablity of which i believe is higher than luffy's level
    imo the "evidence" you posted only proves that zoro is a very strong and reliable nakama for luffy, nothing more

  13. #133
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
    Of course, that's why he couldn't cut trough a sandal.
    I can't believe you wrote that.
    I suppose Zoro's katanas don't have a flat edge. I suppose they are sharp from all 4sides of the blade. They are unlike all other katana.
    I'm really tempted to post a picture of a katana so you can see what they look like.

    Luffy's sandals blocked the flat side of katanas. Geez...


    Quote Quote:
    She could trow him in Water and the balls thing is an OHKO.
    Plus she could use sharp objects and a lot of other things like trapping his movements and stuff...
    There's 2 could. Luffy is not so stupid to get pawned with something pitifull like that.
    Oh, and his balls are nothing like Franky's. He is made of rubber, remember? Se can squeeze them all day if she wants. Certainly won't be enough to stop him.
    And trap his movements? Didn't you ever see him do ally robo?

    And people are sometimes forgetting that Robin feels pain of her duplicate arms. And she needs a lot of concentration to maintain them.
    Do I need to keep going?
    Well, just in case. Luffy bites her hand or Luffy catches her hand and starts crushing it.

    Quote Quote:
    Zoro, Robin, Franky and Sanji wouldn't be scared.
    Didn't mean it that way. I meant it would be something they wouldn't want to experience again. Something like fighting Shadow Asgard Moria.
    Last edited by Razh; December 16, 2008 at 05:42 AM.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  14. #134
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tenryuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dans Un Harem Avec Des Sirènes
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like

    WSJ Pirate Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I can't believe you wrote that.
    I suppose Zoro's katanas don't have a flat edge. I suppose they are sharp from all 4sides of the blade. They are unlike all other katana.
    I'm really tempted to post a picture of a katana so you can see what they look like.

    Luffy's sandals blocked the flat side of katanas. Geez...
    Look at the picture again.
    Spoiler show


    Quote Quote:
    And trap his movements? Didn't you ever see him do ally robo?
    If he can't come near her it has no point.
    And I am sure Luffy will be hurt if she squeezes his balls hard enough.

    Quote Quote:
    And people are sometimes forgetting that Robin feels pain of her duplicate arms. And she needs a lot of concentration to maintain them.
    Do I need to keep going?
    Doesn't Luffy concentrate to fight?

    Quote Quote:
    Well, just in case. Luffy bites her hand or Luffy catches her hand and starts crushing it.
    And of course, she will just watch and let him do his thing.

    Quote Quote:
    Didn't mean it that way. I meant it would be something they wouldn't want to experience again. Something like fighting Shadow Asgard Moria.
    I don't think they like to fight against each other.

  15. #135
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
    Look at the picture again.
    Spoiler show
    There's a picture on the other page too. FLAT EDGE.
    Yeah, sure. You're right. Zoro displays his serious face, than says that he needs to be serious and implies that Luffy could die, and then attacks with a KILLING BLOW, and decides to spare the sandal at the last moment...
    BTW, Luffy also caught his hands.



    Quote Quote:
    If he can't come near her it has no point.
    And I am sure Luffy will be hurt if she squeezes his balls hard enough.
    Why wouldn't he be able to come near her? Or why would a man who can stretch his arms need to come near her? She can't really hurt him seriously.
    And he's all stretchy and flexible.

    Quote Quote:
    Doesn't Luffy concentrate to fight?
    Robin can't sustain additional limbs if she feels pain.
    I don't suppose you're claiming that Luffy needs to concentrate to be able to stretch his hand or legs? What have you been reading?

    They don't have the same type of paramecia. Luffy is constantly rubber.


    Quote Quote:
    And of course, she will just watch and let him do his thing.
    I never saw anyone using smilies that badly.

    How can she stop him from hurting her beside releasing him?
    Maybe break one or two of his rubber bones?

    And of course, Luffy will just watch and let Robin's arms get all over him.

    Give the guy a little more credit.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

New Reply
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts