Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ace

14 77.78%
  • Law

4 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ace VS Law post-timeskip

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace VS Law post-timeskip

WB pirates Portgas D. Ace
    VS

shichibukai Trafalgar Law

Battleground: Banaro Island
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; November 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
    The three brothers

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ace VS Law post-timeskip

Ace. Doesn't take much thinking.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 7pac's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace brings this home easy?

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GnoMAD View Post
    Ace. Doesn't take much thinking.
    Yeah I think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by 7pac View Post
    Ace brings this home easy?
    Yes I agree, but I want to see if people have any arguments in Law's favor
    The three brothers

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, Ace based on his position and reputation should win this; he was considered one of Whitebeard's top captains and a pirate of some note in his own right. However, Ace's showings weren't particularly impressive. If I consider purely what they've shown, Law would probably win this.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Law have the Haki that is required to cut a Logia back then? I don't think any of the Worst Gen Supernova did back in Part I since Kizaru shat on a bunch of them.
    Ace more or less demolishes Law.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Did Law have the Haki that is required to cut a Logia back then? I don't think any of the Worst Gen Supernova did back in Part I since Kizaru shat on a bunch of them.
    I would not use word demolishes as Law was shown to win with Smoker, cut through Vergos CoA full body haki, survived through some fighting with Fujitora and Joker and now is fighting Doflamingo in quite long one on one. Law does loose after longer fight than most of you people would expect.
    If in your opinion Ace demolishes Law then he should win with Doflamingo without much problem- is that what you want to say?

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    We are talking about the current Law. And the current Law has shown the ability to combat logias effectively. In my mind, aside from reputation and rank, Ace hasn't shown anything that would allow him to win against Law. Ace hasn't shown almost anything. Against someone with considerable haki feats, and a hax ability, Ace loses.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    We are talking about the current Law. And the current Law has shown the ability to combat logias effectively. In my mind, aside from reputation and rank, Ace hasn't shown anything that would allow him to win against Law. Ace hasn't shown almost anything. Against someone with considerable haki feats, and a hax ability, Ace loses.
    The problem is the strange "hax" abilities in this Manga. For example, based on status, Akainu should be able to defeat Enel. Based on logic, I don't see it happening. We have no idea what it takes to bring down Law's room, but we know it's possible, seeing that he got his ass whooped by Doflamingo just now. It's difficult to figure out how did people like Doflamingo and Fujitora break his "hax" ability, but they did it.

Ace simply was unlucky to challenged the two main villains in the story. Nevertheless, he undoubtedly fought equally against a current Yonkou, and fodderized the BB Pirates(excluding their Captain), that's no small feat at all.

EDIT: For another example, take Marco. I don't understand how this guy can lose even if his opponent is Gol D Roger. And yet, we see him get punched and actually hurt by Garp.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; November 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Entei > Law's "ROOM". And even if Ace is inside the "ROOM" how is Law going to counter Hiken? Hibashira? Law is strong but Ace has a lot of huge AOE attacks, and he was able to survive in the NW easily, even with all the experienced Haki users out there. I'm gonna go with Ace.
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; November 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
    The three brothers

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    The problem is the strange "hax" abilities in this Manga. For example, based on status, Akainu should be able to defeat Enel. Based on logic, I don't see it happening. We have no idea what it takes to bring down Law's room, but we know it's possible, seeing that he got his ass whooped by Doflamingo just now. It's difficult to figure out how did people like Doflamingo and Fujitora break his "hax" ability, but they did it.

Ace simply was unlucky to challenged the two main villains in the story. Nevertheless, he undoubtedly fought equally against a current Yonkou, and fodderized the BB Pirates(excluding their Captain), that's no small feat at all.

EDIT: For another example, take Marco. I don't understand how this guy can lose even if his opponent is Gol D Roger. And yet, we see him get punched and actually hurt by Garp.
    The Enel example is flawed because it's easy to imagine any number of individuals taking him down with the abilities they've shown. And your logic considers the actual characteristics of lightning, but we know that the logias within the manga very frequently differ from the natural forces they are meant to mimic. If Enel was actual lightning that would be a fair argument, but that isn't the case. With the case of Law, we've seen what his fruit is capable of. I've said that based on reputation, Ace would probably win. But I don't see how Ace, with what he has shown, overcomes Law's fruit's abilities; almost instantaneous teleportation for himself and free control over everything within his Room, which is a massive area. I've mentioned this before; to defeat Law in a one-on-one, one must have haki that exceeds his own, an even more ridiculous ability, or an overwhelming advantage in speed that would prevent Law from working his magic, otherwise you might as well be a body on a table. Law has shown that his ability, with his level of haki, is capable of bringing down logias, and his slash against Vergo pretty much slashed an island in half; how does Ace stop this? With what he's shown, I don't see him accomplishing any such thing. While we know, it's a simple matter for Law to simply move himself away from Ace's attacks; instantaneous teleportation is pretty useful.

And this Ace 'fought against a current Yonkou' is pretty meaningless. When Ace lost to BB, BB had a single fruit and two years less experience, and less imposing crewmembers; the Yonkou that is BB is incomparable with the individual Ace fought. The only feat that BB had was probably the defeat of Ace. BB's flight, even alongside his entire crew, when faced with Akainu shows how far he remained from the top before the timeskip. The mention of Marco isn't helpful either; what makes Marco's fruit hax is the regeneration aspect, hurting him isn't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    Entei > Law's "ROOM". And even if Ace is inside the "ROOM" how is Law going to counter Hiken? Hibashira? Law is strong but Ace has a lot of huge AOE attacks, and he was able to survive in the NW easily, even with all the experienced Haki users out there. I'm gonna go with Ace.
    I don't get what you're suggesting when you say 'Entei > Law's Room. How does Law counter them; he avoids them, inside his room he can, for all intents and purposes, teleport. He can move objects if he so chooses to defend him. In theory, he should be able to move the attacks if he so chooses. Now, how does Ace avoid Law's abilities? Vergo was an individual known purely for his haki ability, and he along with Punk Hazard got sliced in half by Law's attack. Ace doesn't have any feats to suggest that his haki is anywhere near Vergo's level of mastery.
    Last edited by Impossibility; November 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I doubt ace could actually just stomp law if the general assumption is that he was roughly at the level luffy is today. Law didn't get to shichibukai for nothing here. Its not just about law not being able to deal with ace's attacks either. I mean, I would argue he would do the same as any other swordsman in the series when it comes to blocking even intangible attacks, he would block or cut them with his sword. If ace could just stomp law it would kinda imply he is more or less in league with doflamingo or the admirals and I would argue ace never got to such a level. Honestly, I don't see him even fighting evenly with marco, jozu or vista to be honest. It is already impressive enough that he fought jimbe to a draw (although jinbe has not been shown to be a match to the admirals either and I doubt he would win against doflamingo). I do think ace would win but it would be a pretty difficult match for him.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Ace fought Jinbe to a draw years before Marineford, he was equal in his short skirmish with Aokiji, man you guys are underestimating Ace so much. Entei consumed almost half of Banaro Island. You dont think he would be able to fight equally with those 3? Well, to me that is rubbish. And Law can indeed teleport inside his room, but we know the size of his "ROOM" from the fight VS Smoker, and Hibashira/Hiken/Entei would be almost impossible to dodge, not to mention that Law would run out of stamina real fast just running around dodging.
    The three brothers

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The jinbe incident is relevant however I wouldn't put too much value into the aokiji bit. Take a look at sanji, he stopped doflamingo once but right new he went on to get his ass royally handed to him. I would think of the aokiji thing in roughly the same way as that. For more perspective, smoker had a confrontation with ace and it appeared even however what reason do we have to believe smoker even today would hold a candle to ace? Honestly, I could see luffy stopping attacks from an admiral but I still don't see him winning or even having a shot at all. Safe for the elemental advantage I don't think ace would have fared better against aokiji than he did against akainu. Even if tired the fact that ace got one shotted by akainu is very suggestive in regards as to the true strength of the top of the world. Law don't necessarily have to dodge either. As far as I can tell there is no particular reason for him to be unable to block, cut or redirect the attacks. He has done so in the past and haki works to block that sort of attack. Akainu's attack has been blocked by marco, jinbe, shanks... there is no reason for fire to be unblockable for someone like law.

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    ^ Ace fought Jinbe to a draw years before Marineford, he was equal in his short skirmish with Aokiji, man you guys are underestimating Ace so much. Entei consumed almost half of Banaro Island. You dont think he would be able to fight equally with those 3? Well, to me that is rubbish. And Law can indeed teleport inside his room, but we know the size of his "ROOM" from the fight VS Smoker, and Hibashira/Hiken/Entei would be almost impossible to dodge, not to mention that Law would run out of stamina real fast just running around dodging.
    I don't consider Jinbei to be a measure of some overwhelming strength, so there's that. And Ace v Aokiji probably didn't even reach the level of a skirmish. Entei didn't consume half of Banaro, just to point out; a quick look would show you that the area covered by Ace's and BB's duelling attacks covered half of the island, it's probably closer to a third, and Banaro was pretty small to begin with; it was impressive, but it wasn't anywhere near the scale of what we've seen from others, or what you're suggesting. And the size of Law's Room is pretty big. And I don't see how those attacks are difficult to dodge when Law can teleport, if he wanted to he could just switch with Ace. For that matter, he could teleport Ace onto the sea and be done with this. And I don't see where Law is going to run out of stamina from teleporting himself, from what we've seen he's capable of doing quite a bit without running out of steam. The problem I have is that I've yet to see anyone point out how Ace is going to handle Law's abilities. What's stopping Law from slicing Ace in half, taking out his heart, or just teleporting him wherever he sees fit?
    Last edited by Impossibility; November 19, 2013 at 02:40 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast