Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 381

Thread: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

  1. #361
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hawk eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    Ireland
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    i don't think so, luffy feats suggest that he has better haki than zoro
    BH = luffy>zoro>sanji
    KH = luffy>sanji>zoro
    just because ODA said that zoro was more proficient in BH than other types of haki doesn't mean he has the strongest one amongst the M3, iits just means that his BH is better than his KH/HH.

  2. #362
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by hawk eye View Post
    i don't think so, luffy feats suggest that he has better haki than zoro
    We've seen luffy being forced to use hardening haki till now, we havent seen that bouncing the attack back haki that rayleigh, sentomaru used.
    As for zoro, he wasnt even forced to use his best adamant haki untill now, he just made monet poop her pants with fear, even though shes a strong fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by hawk eye View Post
    BH = luffy>zoro>sanji
    KH = luffy>sanji>zoro
    just because ODA said that zoro was more proficient in BH than other types of haki doesn't mean he has the strongest one amongst the M3, iits just means that his BH is better than his KH/HH.
    Oda stated that luffy was the best at conquerings kings haki, sanji at oberve and zoro at armor haki.
    Im personally 99% sure, that also means they are the best at those colors from the monster trio.

    As far sanji's haki.
    Vergo was unable to land a single hit on sanji, sanji blocked/dodged all of them.
    Sadly for sanji one of his legs got damaged due a block.

    And for Zoro
    In the fishman island arc, im pretty sure the cutting tornado that was following the fishmen, was imbued with haki
    By that logic, zoro is also able to pour his haki into objects (swords) and flying attacks
    Also, he cut off a giant dragons head http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/656/14
    That was supposed to be very tough and hard
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/656/5
    Not to mention, even luffy spams gear 2 all the time, and sanji using diable jamble alot also, we havent seen zoro using demonic spirit asura even once yet.

    Even though they all very strong now, Luffy greatest strenght isnt his combat ability, its his ability to make people into his allies, a fitting ability for a pirate king.
    Thats a ability that neither sanji, or zoro has.
    He doesnt need to be the strongest is the world, he needs the abiity to make people follow him, thats why blackbeard isnt the person roger was waiting for.
    Last edited by DutchPhoenix; February 11, 2014 at 04:52 AM.

  3. #363
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hawk eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    Ireland
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    We've seen luffy being forced to use hardening haki till now, we havent seen that bouncing the attack back haki that rayleigh, sentomaru used.
    As for zoro, he wasnt even forced to use his best adamant haki untill now, he just made monet poop her pants with fear, even though shes a strong fighter.



    Oda stated that luffy was the best at conquerings kings haki, sanji at oberve and zoro at armor haki.
    Im personally 99% sure, that also means they are the best at those colors from the monster trio.

    As far sanji's haki.
    Vergo was unable to land a single hit on sanji, sanji blocked/dodged all of them.
    Sadly for sanji one of his legs got damaged due a block.

    And for Zoro
    In the fishman island arc, im pretty sure the cutting tornado that was following the fishmen, was imbued with haki
    By that logic, zoro is also able to pour his haki into objects (swords) and flying attacks
    Also, he cut off a giant dragons head http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/656/14
    That was supposed to be very tough and hard
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/656/5
    Not to mention, even luffy spams gear 2 all the time, and sanji using diable jamble alot also, we havent seen zoro using demonic spirit asura even once yet.

    Even though they all very strong now, Luffy greatest strenght isnt his combat ability, its his ability to make people into his allies, a fitting ability for a pirate king.
    Thats a ability that neither sanji, or zoro has.
    He doesnt need to be the strongest is the world, he needs the abiity to make people follow him, thats why blackbeard isnt the person roger was waiting for.
    no! it means that zoro is better at using BH than KH/HH, it doesn't say that he's better than luffy/sanji than it, and feats suggets that luffy BH>zoro BH>sanji BH.
    as for the rest, i really don't know why posted all of that, i obviously know that zoro has haki,
    also by ur last line, are u implying that zoro>luffy? because we know that's not true

  4. #364
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    No, im saying that luffy doesnt need to be the strongest individual in the world to become the PK.
    As for luffy and zoro go, luffy = zoro individual combat power wise.

  5. #365
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vigrid
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    But Zoro has trained under Mihawk and become one of the most powerful pirates as well. Zoro is around Luffy's strength, but that's not the only factor here. It's all about matchups, and normally swords are bad for Luffy because it can damage him. While Zoro may not have as much of an advantage, if he can react to Luffy's speed, he definitely has no disadvantage.
    The same could be said for Luffy and Rayleigh. Hell Rayleigh is a swordsman as well, whose to say that Rayleigh didn't teach Luffy any techniques to face off against powerful swordsperson's unarmed? That neither here nor there though.

    I think it's just a matter of opinion now though. I personally don't see swords as being bad for Luffy. Sure, it can damage him, but so can a lot of other things, other than non-haki induced blunt attacks. Luffy is skilled enough and tough enough to take what is dished out by most swordspeople in my opinion. Depending on Zoro's level of haki mastery, he might be disadvantaged there.

    The battle would be tough as hell though, I agree. I actually expect a tie for the most part, though I tend to lean towards Luffy.

  6. #366
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    The same could be said for Luffy and Rayleigh. Hell Rayleigh is a swordsman as well, whose to say that Rayleigh didn't teach Luffy any techniques to face off against powerful swordsperson's unarmed? That neither here nor there though.

    I think it's just a matter of opinion now though. I personally don't see swords as being bad for Luffy. Sure, it can damage him, but so can a lot of other things, other than non-haki induced blunt attacks. Luffy is skilled enough and tough enough to take what is dished out by most swordspeople in my opinion. Depending on Zoro's level of haki mastery, he might be disadvantaged there.

    The battle would be tough as hell though, I agree. I actually expect a tie for the most part, though I tend to lean towards Luffy.
    True, though nothing indicates that. Maybe Rayleigh did teach Luffy using haki and/or his rubber body.

    It depends on who's fighting him though, if Luffy can get hurt. Zoro can definitely hurt Luffy, while someone like Helmeppo wouldn't be able to do a thing despite being a "swordsman" himself (I'm not sure what the weapons he used against Zoro were, but they're not swords). Mihawk and Zoro are at such high level that Luffy will at best, be very challenged by them. HIs main advantage as far as we (or I) know is speed. I don't remember Zoro showing how fast he is, but if he can't hit Luffy or dodge Luffy's attack, he's in trouble.

    Same, even though I'm arguing Luffy might lose. What Luffy has shown up to this point makes me think he has more chances of beating Zoro as they are now.

  7. #367
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Uddevalla
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    while someone like Helmeppo wouldn't be able to do a thing despite being a "swordsman" himself (I'm not sure what the weapons he used against Zoro were, but they're not swords).
    To be fair, we haven't seen Helmeppo fight post-timeskip, but you're probably right. They were/are huge-ass Kukuri knives by the way^^
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; February 12, 2014 at 10:08 AM.
    The three brothers

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #368
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    I'm talking about Helmeppo as we saw him after Enies Lobby. I was just saying that the level of swordsman skill matters. Mihawk could probably beat Luffy, while someone like Zoro would be unknown, while someone like Kaku might lose.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #369
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hawk eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    Ireland
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    No, im saying that luffy doesnt need to be the strongest individual in the world to become the PK.
    As for luffy and zoro go, luffy = zoro individual combat power wise.
    doubt it, preTS, its already been said that luffy is stronger than zoro(luffy admits to lucci that he can kill his crewmates, and since luffy beat lucci, it should be quite clear that luffy is the strongest in the SH crew, also its just what logic/common sense suggest) it wouldn't make much sense if postTS it became luffy=zoro, plus feats again support luffy>zoro.

  12. #370
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    about feats, go explain that to kuma at thriller bark, when zoro took in all of luffy's fatique and damage.
    Post ts, zoro didnt have to go all-out or even serious against any of his enemies, while luffy had to use gear second + haki many times already.

    In a old sbs , oda already said that zoro = luffy
    Databook said that aswell.
    I didnt see a reason why this would change

  13. #371
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hawk eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    Ireland
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    about feats, go explain that to kuma at thriller bark, when zoro took in all of luffy's fatique and damage.
    Post ts, zoro didnt have to go all-out or even serious against any of his enemies, while luffy had to use gear second + haki many times already.

    In a old sbs , oda already said that zoro = luffy
    Databook said that aswell.
    I didnt see a reason why this would change
    lol that's an indurance feat, doesn't mean he's stronger, besides i can say that the pain luffy took in ID/MF is greater than what zoro took in TB.
    well guess what? luffy uses G2 regularly now, he even used it on fodders, so that isn't helping u one bit, and by zoro not going all-out, same can be said to luffy, he's still showing us new techniques in every fight(last one would be THOR EG against DCJ) and obviously he's gonna show us more and more, same goes for zoro though, but still, for now both feats/portrayal puts luffy ahead of zoro, and until proven otherwise by the manga, it should stay like that.
    yup, and i agree, that until around EL arc, where its been stated that luffy is the strongest SH member.
    yeah, the same databooks that stated garp<luffy. i believe you now
    Last edited by hawk eye; February 11, 2014 at 06:38 PM.

  14. #372
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by hawk eye View Post
    doubt it, preTS, its already been said that luffy is stronger than zoro(luffy admits to lucci that he can kill his crewmates, and since luffy beat lucci, it should be quite clear that luffy is the strongest in the SH crew, also its just what logic/common sense suggest) it wouldn't make much sense if postTS it became luffy=zoro, plus feats again support luffy>zoro.
    It has never been said that Luffy is stronger than Zoro. We see the only reason why Luffy is able to fight Lucci is mainly because he's made of rubber, which means shigan would not kill him. Logic/common sense suggest that it's about matchups, not who's stronger.

    There's no feat that supports Luffy is superior to Zoro after the time skip. If there is, please provide it. I have one - Zoro was able to take out Hodi pretty quickly, forcing Hodi to use his drug.

  15. #373
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    We know how Helmeppo looks after the time-skip and he still has the same swords/knifes.

    Spoiler show
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  16. #374
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hawk eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    Ireland
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    It has never been said that Luffy is stronger than Zoro. We see the only reason why Luffy is able to fight Lucci is mainly because he's made of rubber, which means shigan would not kill him. Logic/common sense suggest that it's about matchups, not who's stronger.

    There's no feat that supports Luffy is superior to Zoro after the time skip. If there is, please provide it. I have one - Zoro was able to take out Hodi pretty quickly, forcing Hodi to use his drug.
    shigan won't work on him? it did work on him fine in leopard mode, which is lucci's strongest mode, so luffy defeated a full-strength lucci, and he wasn't immune to his attacks or anything.

    postTS even they both didn't go all-out, luffy still has the better feats, and he's portrayed to be stronger.
    oh yes, zoro was able to nearly KO hody in his fodder state, with his strongest ittoryu attack. well guess what! hody was basically eating the ES non stop after that right?! and each pill double's his strength, which means if he ate only 10(which he obviously took way more than) he'd be 100 times stronger, yet luffy was owning him back on land with basic haki punches/kicks. but in the water as u said its all about match-ups, luffy being a DF-user couldn't muster all his power, and when they fought on the falling ship 'noah, luffy literally fodderized him. if anything, their fight aginst hody supports luffy more than zoro.

  17. #375
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Did shigan pierce a hole in Luffy? If it did work on Luffy, then he would have been dead in Iceberg's room when Lucci first used shigan on him. Luffy was immune to the stabbing for the most part.

    Luffy's feat isn't better than Zoro's. I don't recall a moment where Luffy showed he was superior to Zoro. In fact, Zoro seemed superior when he took out Hodi easily.

    It doesn't, given that Luffy still had a problem with Hodi while Zoro didn't. Plus, Luffy had the benefit of the bubble to breathe in while Zoro was basically holding his breath. I need good proof that Luffy is better than Zoro, otherwise this fight is either extremely close or results in a tie.

New Reply
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts