Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Luffy's feat isn't better than Zoro's. I don't recall a moment where Luffy showed he was superior to Zoro. In fact, Zoro seemed superior when he took out Hodi easily.

It doesn't, given that Luffy still had a problem with Hodi while Zoro didn't. Plus, Luffy had the benefit of the bubble to breathe in while Zoro was basically holding his breath. I need good proof that Luffy is better than Zoro, otherwise this fight is either extremely close or results in a tie.
    Keep in mind, both of them fought Hody at different levels. Zoro fought a pretty much still regular Hody who could have been trashed easily by any of the M3 and Jinbe. Luffy went up against an overdosed Hody whose strength (rather endurance) was beyond what it was when Zoro fought him. Even then, on land, Luffy dominated him and pretty much toyed around. And water is Luffy's weakness, I'd say he had a bigger handicap than Zoro. Plus he had to defend Shirohoshi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Did shigan pierce a hole in Luffy? If it did work on Luffy, then he would have been dead in Iceberg's room when Lucci first used shigan on him. Luffy was immune to the stabbing for the most part.
    http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/One-Piece/349/11

Quote Quote:
    It doesn't, given that Luffy still had a problem with Hodi while Zoro didn't. Plus, Luffy had the benefit of the bubble to breathe in while Zoro was basically holding his breath. I need good proof that Luffy is better than Zoro, otherwise this fight is either extremely close or results in a tie.
    Luffy and Zoro fought two different forms of Hodi Jones. As such you can't really compare the two fights.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Keep in mind, both of them fought Hody at different levels. Zoro fought a pretty much still regular Hody who could have been trashed easily by any of the M3 and Jinbe. Luffy went up against an overdosed Hody whose strength (rather endurance) was beyond what it was when Zoro fought him. Even then, on land, Luffy dominated him and pretty much toyed around. And water is Luffy's weakness, I'd say he had a bigger handicap than Zoro. Plus he had to defend Shirohoshi.
    i disagree with luffy having a bigger weakness then zoro when they fought hody.
    First of all, luffy could breathe thanks to his buble, and only a part of his body was inside the water when he fought.
    Secondly, he finished the battle on Noa, where there was plenty of air.
    Zoro on the other way, was completely submerged into the water, and couldnt breath at all, not to mention his movements would be hindred alot by the water.
    Zoro just destroyed hody underwater with a 1 sword strike, no 3 sword style, no asura, not even a named attack, just fodderized him underwater where he couldnt even breath.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You are comparing two completely different situations, what conclusions you get out of it aren't worth a dime, they are trivial.

Luffy took out Hordy with a single punch too, not once, but multiple times, only to have him revived via steroids.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/One-Piece/349/11

Luffy and Zoro fought two different forms of Hodi Jones. As such you can't really compare the two fights.
    Was that the only time luffy was stabbed?
    Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    And who knows how Zoro would have fared in the same situation? That's not a good indicator of who's stronger, is all I'm saying. Zoro owned Hodi easily and effortlessly, while Luffy's only problem was water. Does not indicate difference in strength.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

The hodi fights are absolutely not comparable they both were much stronger than hodi. Also Luffy's fight Was supposed to Show us his usage of the different haki forms. I think Luffy and Zoro are about equal although I would give it to Luffy in an absolute deathmatch.
    Last edited by KuroKarasu; February 14, 2014 at 02:32 AM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26