Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Graduation Party Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Graduation Party Thread

For High school graduation, I was extatic, free from waking up early (at 6 am), It sucked. As for the party I went home early, grrrr.

For University, any course that I took either began at 11 am or the rest I ditched.

After the ceremony, at my Univ. they do the coolest thing. A tradition is that the friends of the graduates humiliate them by writting a long poster of stupid stuff they did (stuff that the parents are not supposed to know) , and then the graduate has to read it infront of all the guests while wearing only a trash bag (my case) or some stupid outfit made by friends. And every time the gradaute messes up reading the poems, he has to drink wine, (courtesy of said friends). Everything is done before noon .

That said, the hardest thing you feel is a sense of depression afterwards. You just don't know what to do, unless you find a job straight away. Because the last semester you are killing yourself with projects and courses, and then suddenly you graduate and it's all over. You kinda feel empty after waking up 2 days later (because of the partying and the accumulative fatigue) .

From counting the minutes of the day and planning each month ahead, you find yourself with idle days. It might look like fun not having to do anything, but when you get to it you won't be in the mood to do anything.
    Last edited by nat; May 29, 2008 at 09:22 PM.
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

Tricked you

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Chloe's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Woot! I graduated yesterday!!

Class of 2008 <333

Nishi fan.

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you, Chloe =) I remember graduating last year; it was exciting Also kind of daunting since I didn't know what to expect for college! I remember the actual graduation ceremony being terribly long though. My graduating class was about 410 people, so it took a while to go through everyone's name...But worth it =)

I'm back :3

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I Didnt have a graduation party. I think we ordered some pizza and that was it.
    Although for my younger brothers, we went to a local "all you can eat". .

I pretty much agree with the rest of the first post. No school. . lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I just graduated last March 23, 2010 in an education school.

Graduating sure is fun because you'll experience complete freedom from all of your school obligations as listed by Azurel.

But trust me, graduation will also mean nostalgia over your school days.
    1.) You'll miss the loud voice of your teacher shouting at you to pass your project and assignments.
    2.) You'll miss the feeling of being in a room with your classmates/
    3.) and a lot others.

If I could choose between being a student or a teacher (my work), I'd say being a student is better. Working is very tiresome - I always have to go home evening just to finish my paperworks.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I graduated before even taking my final exams, kinda. At least the ceremony (sometime this October) was before my final exams (Nov-Dec this year). But there was a party/prom after the exams that I guess could count as a graduation party.

It cost S$90 (I think that's nearly US$150?) per person and was a waste of money as not only did we have to pay for the ticket and our clothes, make-up and whathaveyou, the food was sub-par and we hardly got to eat. We were too busy running around taking photographs So, I guess in the end it was still fun.

I totally agree with you steelwing, graduating was very sad, I still miss my school, teachers and classmates very much I just went on a trip last week with my classmates, but I already miss them after not seeing them for a few days!

By the way, I've only graduated High School (or its equivalent anyway), so I've still got a few years left to live the student life

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

well i didnt have any graduation party(highschool), to tell the truth i didnt bother checking up whether we were having any, the only nostalgia i face is the separation of my close friend circle and the circle wasnt with my school fiends.
    guess i am the odd one out here
    but i will severely miss my uni friends and uni time when i graduate with a B engg.
    well that will be a hec of a sad day for most of us
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I really could not say that my high school life was pretty nostalgic for me. I would say it was nauseous than nostalgic.

College life was definitely a lot more exciting. Graduation party was a total party for all of us.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2