Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Graduation Party Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Graduation Party Thread

It's the place to shout out loud if you've just graduated or graduating soon. So wad does it feel like to finally finish sch? For all those who have graduated, wad was it like? Share with us your graduation experience ^^ Since everyone's graduating at different times, just join in the fun wenever u want to celebrate ur GRADUATION!

First of all, CONGRATS!!! for surviving many years of studying and muggin for exams!!!

---------------------

I still can't believe 3 years went by so quickly, and it felt like I've only just started not too long ago. I feel like a huge burden is off my shoulder coz I've nothing to worry abt!

NO MORE SCH
    NO MORE PROJECTS
    NO MORE ASSIGNMENTS
    NO MORE PRESENTATIONS
    NO MORE WAKING UP EARLY
    NO MORE MUGGING FOR EXAMS
    NO MORE TRAVELLING LONG DISTANCE
    NO MORE SITTING HOURS & HOURS OF LECTURE

But I'm going to miss my friends, lecturers, the cheap food @ the cafeteria, my actinos and yes, even my lab.
    Last edited by Azurel; March 15, 2008 at 02:48 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted rhapsody blue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Graduation Party Thread

i don't know about the "no waking up early" part since med school begins at 8am for me five times a week ^^;;

however, i do look forward to graduation though it is bittersweet. i will miss the friends whom i have made during my four years in college but i know that we'll keep in touch. i can't believe that i'll be living on my own too. craziness!

may 9th is my last day and commencement is on may 10th. our commencement speaker is robin roberts who is the anchor of "good morning america". i can't believe it's approaching...

what is everyone's plan after graduation?

credit to the amazing GrayFoxx for this amazing sig ^.~

suffer school withdrawal with rb

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I really, really enjoyed my graduation, because of all the above reasons you listed Azurel!

But it got boring after a while, doing not much. I ended up starting photographing for jobs for a while, before we moved to a new house. Even after all these years, I'm still hunting for the ideal career for myself Hope you do have a plan eventually to get a job.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member redcometfm's Avatar
    Wish it were Los Angeles. Soon, very soon.
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone who's been through grad school, any advice?
    Im finishing my BA soon and Im probably going to have to self-finance my MA program

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy, let me just tell you to be absolutely sure that you are interested in what you are going for in grad school. It's not like undergrad school where you're still kinda exploring your options or at least have the freedom to do so for a while, you REALLY have to have a devotion and interest in the given subject from day one. Or at least be motivated enough to make it your future. That's pretty much it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rabb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ya know, i was like the only kid in my class to not have a graduation party XD
    I Am A United States Sailor.
    I Will Support And Defend The Constitution Of The United States Of America And I Will Obey The Orders Of Those Appointed Over Me.
    I Represent The Fighting Spirit Of The Navy, And Those Who Have Gone Before Me To Defend Freedom And Democracy Around The World.
    I Proudly Serve My Country's Navy Combat Team With Honor, Courage, And Commitment.
    I Am Committed To The Excellence And Fair Treatment Of All.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I for once say it's better studying than working

Sure, you can say that you're "free".... but well.. wait for a few months after you started working... You'll think school/college/uni is better

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep you can still afford to mess around if you want to... lol.

But at the same time, you don't make nearly as much money as you could be.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrcongojack's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My Grad Party was alright... It wasn't a friend thing, it was mainly for family. I mainly hid in the living room watching TV with my younger brother while the "party" went on (mainly just a bunch of my relatives drinking cheap beer for two hours). I got over $400 bucks though, which was awesome.
    Last edited by mrcongojack; March 15, 2008 at 12:01 PM.
    Everyone who was on this board when I signed up has either been banned or left.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

when i graduated back in 2006 was a little crazy for me since the graduation ceremony was the same day as anime north started so i had to goto the ceremony, until about 7:00pm had to pack up pick up my friend pack up his stuff then drive 10 hours to Toronto lol. my graduation party was alright but only two of my friends showed up and one of them was only there for about 20 minutes and left :/ *sighs*
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bax View Post
    I for once say it's better studying than working

Sure, you can say that you're "free".... but well.. wait for a few months after you started working... You'll think school/college/uni is better
    i'll have to agree here. i always thought i would have so much more free time once i was out of school, but it somehow seems like the opposite is true. sure, i don't have homework/papers/lab reports/exams, etc. but working is just more exhausting and monotonous. i think i just got a bit too used to the college lifestyle of sleeping in and skipping classes if i felt like it knew they weren't important and having every weekend off (after my undergrad i finished a professional degree, so i was in college for a long time). perhaps it's different if you get a job right away instead of pursuing more school? nah, i think i'm just anti-growing up, even though somehow i have a very grown-up job

it's not all bad, though. i now have the freedom to do things like enjoy non-school books (and manga ) more often. and making money is nice, of course oh, and no more all-nighters/deadlines/3 exams in one week/annoying roommates, etc wait, which did i say was better? i guess the grass is always greener, eh?........

anyway, i do want to sincerely congratulate all the new graduates. it's a big accomplishment and something you should be very proud of! hopefully you can find something you love doing now that school is done. good luck!
    Last edited by igotthegoods; March 15, 2008 at 02:30 AM.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an aunt who stayed in college from 19 until she was 30. I think it was exactly because she liked the college life so much that she didn't want to face real life that soon

Anyway, not meaning to put a dampener on the whole conversation, the whole accomplishment of finally graduating is indeed still something to celebrate, if simply because it means you've done something for your life that you can certainly be proud of.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member redcometfm's Avatar
    Wish it were Los Angeles. Soon, very soon.
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Definetly. I'm just hoping my History MA will pay off (especially if I get into University of Manchester!!!) PhD might even be in the picture...if I can do that as well as Film (whether teaching or preferably creating), I'll be very proud in life

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ikuroi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

graduation is kickass its really was fun, alot of parties and etc! still trust me most folks from school... you prolly never see them again

it's cool in school because you have alot of time, but no money which is a big bummer... but once you start to work you got alot of cash but no time! still it could be worse eh?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody blue View Post
    i don't know about the "no waking up early" part since med school begins at 8am for me five times a week ^^;;

what is everyone's plan after graduation?
    my classes usually start at 8 almost everyday too. I was one of those ppl who usually walks in 5-10min after the lessons start.

after graduation, I'm still going to continue my studies and do a degree. ^^ I'm probably entering uni later tis year so my "long break" from school is onli a few months long.

Quote Originally Posted by rabb View Post
    ya know, i was like the only kid in my class to not have a graduation party XD
    u didn't go for ur graduation ceremony?

Quote Originally Posted by ikuroi View Post
    it's cool in school because you have alot of time, but no money which is a big bummer... but once you start to work you got alot of cash but no time! still it could be worse eh?
    yeah, that is how life is.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast