Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Martial Arts thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conan's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mind Body and Kick ass moves, Martial arts madness on a tv series.

Quote Originally Posted by baxteristic
    As promised, I'm here.

Quite a list conan. I'm impressed. It's been too long since I finished up my martial arts classes.
    I'll get back after I finish watching all the vids.
    glad your here, I hope it helps with the conflicts going on in your threads but I doubt it .

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87
    It's really hard to believe stuff like the 2 "chi attack" and "killer instinct".. they just seem SO fake. Damn it
    let me tell you that most of those names are very famous and their abilities are very realm, I knew who theywere even before I saw the program, but they achieved this status after long training, hope you liked them anyway .
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, done watching them all. Dim mak is surprisingly good. Although, frankly speaking, I never heard of it before XD

Quote Originally Posted by conan
    glad your here, I hope it helps with the conflicts going on in your threads but I doubt it .

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, done watching them all. Dim mak is surprisingly good. Although, frankly speaking, I never heard of it before XD
    Dim mak is known in the martial community as the death touch, I dont know if thats the literal chinese translation, but it could be that a style depends highly on Dim mak and do not name themselves as such, one of them is in one of the videos, the chow gar praying mantis, the iron body they have is supposed to at least stop Dim mak a bit, they are also experts in Dim mak and Dim mak antidotes and medicine, amazing isn't it
    rofl.
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zypher's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

man those guys are insane >_<

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zypher
    man those guys are insane >_<
    there not insane, they are just well trained, this kind of thing isnt popular in western societies, but in eastern societies its not really that abnormal, you can find a lot of people who could do stuff like that, you just need to find a good teacher and with a bit of commitment and training you can achieve such things.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he did not mean insane as it is literaly interpreted but rather in its coloquial form, where it is simply a compliment.
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo7
    I think he did not mean insane as it is literaly interpreted but rather in its coloquial form, where it is simply a compliment.
    umm, Ithink the answer stays the same whatever the context, if he meant insane as of an insane level of power or ability or literally insane, my answer is still they are just well trained, but thanks for the clarification .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member white silver's Avatar
    In an island at the center of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I have watched all these videos before and quite Frankly the dude is just complimenting them on the art. Some of the are plausible but things like Dim Mak may only exist in myth, while the video depict it as a "knockout" device. The "killer intent" thing is true, although I doubt there is a need for the amulet. When someone wants to kill you, sometimes you may "feel" his intentions although it easier to feel it when you look into his/her eyes!

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver
    [b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I have watched all these videos before and quite Frankly the dude is just complimenting them on the art. Some of the are plausible but things like Dim Mak may only exist in myth, while the video depict it as a "knockout" device. The "killer intent" thing is true, although I doubt there is a need for the amulet. When someone wants to kill you, sometimes you may "feel" his intentions although it easier to feel it when you look into his/her eyes!
    I think its a bit more complex than that, the feeling the intent doesnt need seeing a persons eyes, the whole point is to detect it without seeing, with your back to the opponnent, its just making your senses better than normal, about dimmak, its not a myth, its absolutely true, although many people brag about beimg able to kill with one touch, its not as simple as that, anyway, the master of praying mantis ip chee keung wich you say being kicked in a vulnerable area and not budge has two sides of his art, the attack with dimmak, and the defense with iron body, and techniques to compliment them, so its there in other arts too not only the one that I showed, about amulets in the phillipines, I really am not a believer in magic and such, but the stories I heard from people I trust also the stories some worldwide well known instructors may tell you may believe in some sort of mythical magic, it might be all in their heads but does that mean it doesnt help? our largest battles are fought between our own ears, someone once said.

anyway, I said all that just for the fun of debate about this issue, you are entitled to your own thoughts and beliefs about this, most importantly I hope you enjoyed watching the videos and that they were entertaining to you.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its a bit more complex than that, the feeling the intent doesnt need seeing a persons eyes, the whole point is to detect it without seeing, with your back to the opponnent, its just making your senses better than normal, about dimmak, its not a myth, its absolutely true, although many people brag about beimg able to kill with one touch, its not as simple as that, anyway, the master of praying mantis ip chee keung wich you say being kicked in a vulnerable area and not budge has two sides of his art, the attack with dimmak, and the defense with iron body, and techniques to compliment them, so its there in other arts too not only the one that I showed, about amulets in the phillipines, I really am not a believer in magic and such, but the stories I heard from people I trust also the stories some worldwide well known instructors may tell you may believe in some sort of mythical magic, it might be all in their heads but does that mean it doesnt help? our largest battles are fought between our own ears, someone once said.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Well the point of the matter is, that "Killing Intent" does exist, it comes in many forms possible whether you look at his eyes or not. Some people are "naturally" attuned to this ability but from I heard from others. You need to expierience threats all the time like being mugged or being stalked, it sort of increased your awareness, other than that fighting experience is another way to achieve it.

Quote Quote:

anyway, I said all that just for the fun of debate about this issue, you are entitled to your own thoughts and beliefs about this, most importantly I hope you enjoyed watching the videos and that they were entertaining to you.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Indeed they were. Why not search for "Jyukukai" martial arts. It used to be in Youtube, but now I can't find the tags. This Martial Arts will BLOW YOU away!

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Well the point of the matter is, that "Killing Intent" does exist, it comes in many forms possible whether you look at his eyes or not. Some people are "naturally" attuned to this ability but from I heard from others. You need to expierience threats all the time like being mugged or being stalked, it sort of increased your awareness, other than that fighting experience is another way to achieve it.
    well its not really that hard to sense killing intent it just needs training, its true that it would be easier if you were used to feeling sakki ( thats what I am going to call killing intent from now on since its japanese name) you would be able to sense it faster, but its all about making your senses better and making your sixth sense formidable, thats what shintaido practioneers train, the waterfall experience is amazing but its cold sharpens your senses a lot, and if youve ever been under a waterfall your body relax which makes your senses even sharper to the soroundinge ( I have experienced being under a waterfall before) and once you memorize the feeling and keep the relaxation through strtching and excercise, it becomes quite easy after that, the fact is there are martial artists who learn to conceal their sakki, but thats quite hard and advanced and I dont know a lot about it.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]
    [b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Indeed they were. Why not search for "Jyukukai" martial arts. It used to be in Youtube, but now I can't find the tags. This Martial Arts will BLOW YOU away!
    Jyukukai, never heard of it, but it seems japanese, kai is a word sometimes used to describe a martial art community in japan like aikikai of aikido, but I'll do a bit of research on it and come back to you with some results hopefully.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Jyukukai, never heard of it, but it seems japanese, kai is a word sometimes used to describe a martial art community in japan like aikikai of aikido, but I'll do a bit of research on it and come back to you with some results hopefully.
    [b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Sorry, it's actually Juko Kai, and it's not a Japanese art. HERE GOES, CLICK THIS LINK AND SEE THE MAGIC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-5SVkgRTVs

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

found it I'll add your clip and mine to the first page, eventhough yours is in japanese, mine is from the discovery channel so its english, they are the same people, any it is japanese ( just the usage of word not the art itsself), I remeber seeing the same guy in other documantaries, these people are able to take strikes, their founder studied many martial arts and found his style which juko kai, its impressive but its based on the same principles we've seen before, also the instructor kept a japanese touch to the art, same dojo stle and names and clothing as in japanese martial arts, also called the protective energy combat ki and not chi which is japanese.

I hope that is satisfying for you, and here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1416IQdci6w

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to know there are other martial arts fans on the board.
    I'm currently not active in it though. Just moved and haven't found a new program yet. The martial arts I was in was called Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan. Ancient Korean style. Real old Fashioned.

The teacher real emphasized controlling your power which was why I was disqualifed in my first tournament. (Rocked the opponents head back too much AND bisted my fist open on the cage.) Though I did get First Place in Weapons Sparring though. Crazy huh?

Well Conan, if you have any questions about the style fell free to ask,
    I'm gonna watch those martial arts movies on youtube.
    <br />Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com<br />There&#039;s something wrong with you!!! How can you be so strong and not love fighting?!&quot; —Kenpachi Zaraki (from Bleach)

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleachboy88
    Nice to know there are other martial arts fans on the board.
    I'm currently not active in it though. Just moved and haven't found a new program yet. The martial arts I was in was called Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan. Ancient Korean style. Real old Fashioned.

The teacher real emphasized controlling your power which was why I was disqualifed in my first tournament. (Rocked the opponents head back too much AND bisted my fist open on the cage.) Though I did get First Place in Weapons Sparring though. Crazy huh?

Well Conan, if you have any questions about the style fell free to ask,
    I'm gonna watch those martial arts movies on youtube.
    thanks belach boy, I've already heard of tang soo do, I know its korean and as korean martial arts it concentrates on kicks a lot ( am I right ) anyway I am a fan of martial arts becuase of the discipline they give you.
    also it looks cool .

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast