Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Interviews with Kubo Tite

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Word From Kubo???

They will be better...Bleach only went downhill because of the pace is slow and they are only fighting with no plot progression...When the fighting is over and Kubo is focusing on the plot he is pretty good eg SS Arc and Arrancar Arc..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, plot is usually mediocre, save when Aizen pulls something amazing (And even then it's generally from out of nowhere without proper buildup). What needs to happen is some of the Bleach Style Character interaction. That's what's been sorely missing of late.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hajialibaig View Post
    imagine if you were reading the manga after it were finished...no point in waiting week in and week out for a single chapter, that's my style..

yeah, everyone says how they loved SS arc, but if they read it week by week and mangahelpers was up back then, they would say the same thing they are saying now, the the story sucks.

if we all read bleach after it was done, we wouldn't get such harsh commentary

Oh, yeah and kubo's favorite characters are Aizen and Mayuri?

http://bleachasylum.com/threads/767-...l=1#post167541
    Last edited by Revolation; January 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A new interview with Kubo took place- the 18th of last month, not sure of all the details, but here's a link http://blog.livedoor.jp/poppy_moon/a.../51529814.html

He took questions from a few people, one question was about Matsumoto, another about Shunsui's Bankai, and another about Rukia.

Any translators here? On BA they were talking about it a bit, here's a link to the discussion/thread- http://bleachasylum.com/threads/1571...eatures-BLEACH

6. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

This interview is pretty interesting,Kubo saying that the 4th movie(the will talk about hell) will explain/revolve around the current developmrnt in bleach XD
    Hell is coming and Gin will be the one to open his doors ihihihih

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Giady's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach's News

Quote Quote:
    CREDITS FOR THE SUMMARY BELOW OF THE INTERVIEW AT JUMP FESTA GO TO THE USER TATAI ON http://bleachasylum.com

- Bleach is at his half
    - Bleach should continue another 10 years.
    - Kubo has recently put his entire scenario on paper to make the story more exciting. (For the next 10 years)
    - He works with his assistants and his publisher to expand the script and make it consistent to the maximum.
    - He is very proud of the plot he had prepared and began to know how he wants to finish Bleach.
    - In the first place, Grimmjow wasn't meant to be an important character, he was to quickly die. But as of now, his existence will eventually matter for the future of the manga.
    - The birth of ichigo is surrounded in mystery since it's very special. the readers will be amazed when they will know about it ! He is eager to see their reaction.
    - Normally the Arrancar arc shouldn't be too long. It's thanks to the craze for Japanese fans for the Arrancars, without it, the arc would have been shorter.
    - Female characters that kubo prefers are Matsumoto and Inoue.
    - Male characters that Kubo prefers are Mayuri and Aizen.
    - The end of the Arrancar arc should have been the end of Bleach if it didn't work and if the publisher had asked Kubo to finish the manga quickly. (Like before the start of the SS arc, because Bleach was threatened at that time)
    - Kubo wanted to put this scene because it was really good, but the real end of Bleach will be totally different. (Note : Unfortunately, the scene in question is not specified in the summary of the fan. Maybe Kubo talk about the farewell scene, but it's just an opinion).

It's a summary of the Jump Festa.
    I read this post on a forum and I thought I'd post it beacuse it is interesting...it is a summary of a interview of Tite Kubo made in 2011!! I'm very interested of secret on the birth of Ichigo that is surrounded in mystery since it's very special.the readers will be amazed when they will know about it ! Kubo is eager to see their reaction...I'm very curious on this, I want to know...Who or What is Ichigo in reality? Is he 1/2 human and 1/2 shinigami as the story suggests? or Is he something else?
    And Bleach is at his half and should continue another 10 years...WOW...Tite Kubo must have great plans O_O ...What do you think?

I have left the credits of the posts, I haven't left them for spoiler...I hope this goes well...

10. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Bleach's News

I'm neither impressed nor excited. You give enough interviews, you read enough interviews and you learn to separate the stuff from the fluff.

- Bleach is at his half

We knew that.

- Bleach should continue another 10 years.

We knew that.

- Kubo has recently put his entire scenario on paper to make the story more exciting. (For the next 10 years)

I want you to see what I do here. Kubo says this, but he doesn't really say anything. What are the details? What is the scenario? What are somethings specifically that he is going to do with Bleach? There are no details here so there is nothing to get excited about.

- He works with his assistants and his publisher to expand the script and make it consistent to the maximum.

I haven't seen any proof of that in the actual work so, I doubt the validity of this statement.

- He is very proud of the plot he had prepared and began to know how he wants to finish Bleach.

Someone has to be proud of it right?

- In the first place, Grimmjow wasn't meant to be an important character, he was to quickly die. But as of now, his existence will eventually matter for the future of the manga.

See that!? Now this is actually a real detail that Kubo felt his audience was worthy of. At least we know he's dead.

- The birth of ichigo is surrounded in mystery since it's very special. the readers will be amazed when they will know about it ! He is eager to see their reaction.

Doubt it. Ichigo's mom was a human who may have had spiritual powers. Ichigo's dad was a former shinigami. There is a whole lot of mystery in that. Unless someone from General Hospital shows up in Bleach there is no mystery here. If Kubo plans to repackage Ichigo then he needs to say that.

- Normally the Arrancar arc shouldn't be too long. It's thanks to the craze for Japanese fans for the Arrancars, without it, the arc would have been shorter.

Money. I got it.

Thanks for this information though. At least we finally have some answers about Grimmjow. Still, one would think Kubo could let us know about Nel while he was at it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach's News

Quote Quote:
    I haven't seen any proof of that in the actual work so, I doubt the validity of this statement.
    As you said, this is not true. He improvises as he goes along, the plot is not terribly consistent, with some pretty glaring loopholes sometimes.

Quote Quote:
    See that!? Now this is actually a real detail that Kubo felt his audience was worthy of. At least we know he's dead.
    What does this even matter? You change your storyline and plot just because what you deemed a minor character was hugely popular? This is not consistent, it hurts that you have to forcefully find a place to include a character in the future.

Quote Quote:
    Doubt it. Ichigo's mom was a human who may have had spiritual powers. Ichigo's dad was a former shinigami. There is a whole lot of mystery in that. Unless someone from General Hospital shows up in Bleach there is no mystery here. If Kubo plans to repackage Ichigo then he needs to say that.
    Now now, he could actually make it interesting. Say, Ichigo is from the future/past...he is a series of clones...related to royalty

Quote Quote:
    Money. I got it.
    It was many many years too long. That one arc pretty much ruined bleach. Nothing happened for the longest time. We were given chapters with pages and full panels devoted to columns and dumb details.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Giady's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

you're quite a pessimistic view... for me thi interview is very interesting because it has proposed new elements that could make the story more interesting

Quote Quote:
    This is what Kubo said, I don't think that he said this to give air to the mouth... this means that the birth of ichigo is an important aspect in the story and that it hides some secrets that can give a turning point in the story ...

Quote Quote:
    if he says this in a interview means that it is so...we expect a twist...otherwise he would not say anything...don't you think?...He said this in the interview to ensure that fans remain in trepidation

Quote Quote:
    - Bleach should continue another 10 years. - Bleach is at his half
    I didn't know it...

Spoiler show

I doubt that he would say lies...you can read the interview...I have posted it, but These are just some parts fragmented of the interview...so it is not very clear, for this i had posted the summary of interview of those who had read it...
    Last edited by Giady; January 25, 2011 at 05:44 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post

As you said, this is not true. He improvises as he goes along, the plot is not terribly consistent, with some pretty glaring loopholes sometimes.

What does this even matter? You change your storyline and plot just because what you deemed a minor character was hugely popular? This is not consistent, it hurts that you have to forcefully find a place to include a character in the future.

Now now, he could actually make it interesting. Say, Ichigo is from the future/past...he is a series of clones...related to royalty

It was many many years too long. That one arc pretty much ruined bleach. Nothing happened for the longest time. We were given chapters with pages and full panels devoted to columns and dumb details.

Ruined Bleach???? Lets be honest, if the arrancar arc ruined Bleach, it wouldn' be so damn popular. In fact, the reason the arrancar arc went on so long was because the concept of them was so popular in Japan. He didn't start to quickly wrap things up towards the end, meaning they liked reading about Arrancar, so in Japan(where it matters) thats probably considered a pretty damn successful arc. We may not have preferred he do it that way, but it seems like in Japan they did, and unfortunately their opinion matters more than ours.

Grimmjow is supposed to be important for future arcs, so I guess he'll be revived somehow.

I think we should be grateful we have a mangaka that will include a character more often if hes well received by the fans. Shows he cares about them. Plus I bet his publishers/editors probably advised he do it anyway. Realistically, an author is going to have to make some changes to his story to appease his fans, so he can continue his story long enough to end it properly, instead of doing only what he wants and having to end his series sooner than planned.
    Last edited by exacta; January 25, 2011 at 08:58 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because something is popular by no means detracts from the falling off on storytelling. When you play to your audience so much and lose sight of the plot and merits to the story it loses value. Sure it looks good, and has plenty of action, but so to do a ton of other stories out there.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Just because something is popular by no means detracts from the falling off on storytelling. When you play to your audience so much and lose sight of the plot and merits to the story it loses value. Sure it looks good, and has plenty of action, but so to do a ton of other stories out there.
    I think you are greatly mistaken in what you said. Kubo is still continuing with the plot he wants to write but in order to do that he has to change something here or there to keep the audience interested. If you read the manga thoroughly you will find that kubo has in fact planned some things in advance. Also instead of complaining about the story write one yourself if you think kubo is doing such a horrible job at it(i mean he has only been doing bleach for over seven years).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post

Well, maybe the guy thinks that plots like:

Aizen: "Ichigo... you are my greatest experiment! I have been watching since the beginning, when you where in vial!"

Aizen: "Ichigo... I am you father!"

X: "Ichigo, you are artificially built human!"

X: "Ichigo, your weakness is Kryptonite!"

Are awesome >.> I really doubt anything in Bleach would be jaw dropping.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Any Word From Kubo???

Quote Originally Posted by meepers4982 View Post
    Also instead of complaining about the story write one yourself if you think kubo is doing such a horrible job at it(i mean he has only been doing bleach for over seven years).
    That doesn't exactly solve the problem does it? I'm not being snarky but that's sort of a childish argument to launch against LoS who has a very good point to make. I mean I've read some Bleach fanfics that Kubo can really take some lessons from in terms of character development so you really shouldn't knock someone (or attempt to) because what they come up with may not be as popular. To add to that, just because something is popular that doesn't mean there's an artistic reason for it. Who cares if Bleach has been going on for seven years? It's never too late to make it enteraining. And just because something has staying power that doesn't mean it has redeeming qualities. You get points for popularity in high school, not art.

I'm not saying Bleach is an awful title. I'm not even going to say it's bad. Simply, it's not as good as it was and it isn't nearly as good as it could be. Bleach had a lot of appeal when it first came out because it was doing something that other manga weren't doing. On top of that it was underground so its themes, style, details, hell its swagger appealed to a select crowd of people. However, when it became more and more popular it went mainstream and a lot of those details that made it unique went out the window. The thing is I got into Bleach because it was different, it was hip, it was where other manga wish they could be. Now it's gotten to the point where it's so mainstream I don't even know why I read this stuff to begin with.

So you can't hide behind the, oh it's popular so it's good argument because that doesn't work. Majority never rules where art is concerned. If something was good just because it was popular then Justin Beiber and American Idol wouldn't suck so much now would they? (ZING!) And if Bleach was all good, then no one would have anything to complain about now would they? Think about it like this. A rational person won't criticize a title unless there is reason to right? So if a person, and with the respect due to each other we will assume that we are all rational people, if a person raises an argument against a title or complaint then there must be good reason for it, even if you aren't able to see if from your pov. So a person who is just as rational and respectful to someone else's views must think well hm, if this person has an issue with the title then maybe we should explore that. That's a much more intelligent thing to do than to say, well the work is popular and if you don't like it too bad.

For example, one of the problems with Bleach is consistency. First Chad and Orihime got their powers from being close to Ichigo's reiatsu. Now we're told out of their blue that because their parents were attacked by hollows in the past they are fullbringers. First, their power came from Ichigo because his reiatsu affected their body's development. Now it comes from a hollow. And why is it that this is only coming out about Orihime now? I'll let Kubo slide when it comes to Chad because we are told that his powers are similar to the Hollow. However, there isn't any place in the entire manga where hollow powers are likened to Orihime. Not only that, but if we look at Orihime's powers and the powers of the fullbringers, they don't even operate under the same logic. So obviously consistency is a problem.

Character development is dead. If your name isn't Ichigo forget about it. On top of that characters are inserted and dropped with no explanation. I mean, do we have to form a search party ourselves for Neliel? On top of that details are added when there is no, in-universe reason for it. For example, Kubo claims that there is something very special about Ichigo's birth. That it's some secret that the fans are going to be quite excited about. We already know Ichigo's mom had some spiritual powers and we know his dad was an ex captain. Unless we find out that Isshin is not the baby's daddy and they end up on Maury then there isn't anything here. Even if Ichigo comes from royalty is already something that a lot of fans speculated as soon as we heard of the spirit king. And even if Ichigo is from the past or the future it won't be fresh, it will be cliche. There is nothing left in Ichigo's origins that will make a studied reader say, oh yeah that was totally unexpected. Kubo is trying to plant seeds in dead soil and we all know what that means. Sorry, I didn't mean to use the word dead, there is a more agricultural term for it but eh.

I'm not bashing the title because there's no challenge in doing that. Rather, I'm trying to get you to see why someone like LoS or myself might hold the views we do. You don't have to agree with them, but to discount others views in lieu of your own, or to simply say that a title is great because it's popular speaks to a very detrimental flaw in your arguments and way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    Well, maybe the guy thinks that plots like:

Aizen: "Ichigo... you are my greatest experiment! I have been watching since the beginning, when you where in vial!"

Aizen: "Ichigo... I am you father!"

X: "Ichigo, you are artificially built human!"

X: "Ichigo, your weakness is Kryptonite!"

LOL, perhaps but I'm guessing that we're going to find out that Byakuya and Hisana are Ichigo's parents, thus making Rukia his aunt. But wouldn't it be something if Hisana had an affair with Kenpachi and then he wants a DNA test? Then we'll find out that Orihime has a daughter who happens to be Yasiru who is actually Aizen's older sister and Aizen is Ichigo's twin because of a time paradox caused by Nemu trying to revive Dr. Kurosutchi after he died saving Soul Society from a war incited by rogue Vizards, Quincy, and Fullbringers. Aww man, this is wild. 2011 is the year of Bleach. All we need is for Steve Burton (Advent Children, General Hospital) to make a guest appearance and we're golden!

Spoiler show

Yeah, that's Cloud Strife son. The one and only.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    I really doubt anything in Bleach would be jaw dropping.
    True that.
    Last edited by ZERO PHOENIX; January 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Things are getting a bit too off-topic. If you'd like to continue this general discussion about the quality of Bleach, please do so in the proper thread: Discussion on the shortcomings of Bleach's plot and pace. Otherwise, your posts may be subject to deletion. Thanks~

Anyway, thanks for posting, Giady. ^^ Ten more years of Bleach seems a bit too much to me, but I guess we'll see how things go. I am looking forward to seeing how Grimmjow is going to be important to future events. I'm not sure I'd like to see him be revived as a good guy, however (as has been predicted many, many times ).

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast