Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Interviews with Kubo Tite

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Word From Kubo???

i bet Ichigo's birth is connected to the Spirit King somehow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

"A. Shunsui's appeal is not to defeat Aizen. But I let the readers think that 「If he goes Bankai he might be stronger than Aizen"

huh? WTF?

that's something new!!! and why the hell did he kill Stark then...? kubo, you bastard make sense!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol. Kubo said he pulled a "mindfreak" job on us with Shunsui's Ban Kai. hahahaaa!!.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach's News

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Ruined Bleach???? Lets be honest, if the arrancar arc ruined Bleach, it wouldn' be so damn popular. In fact, the reason the arrancar arc went on so long was because the concept of them was so popular in Japan. He didn't start to quickly wrap things up towards the end, meaning they liked reading about Arrancar, so in Japan(where it matters) thats probably considered a pretty damn successful arc. We may not have preferred he do it that way, but it seems like in Japan they did, and unfortunately their opinion matters more than ours.

Grimmjow is supposed to be important for future arcs, so I guess he'll be revived somehow.
    1) I'm pretty sure that soul society arc was the arc that made Bleach popular. Reason being it actually have good writing and is short and sweet.

Oh. No big panels too.

2) Arrancar is dragon ball, modernized. I can name more than 5 examples for you if you want me to. That is the reason behind why the concept is so popular, because it can be related to by the japanese.

3) Whoever and whenever was it mentioned that Grimmjow was dead? I'm pretty sure he just got cut'd, he's death was never mentioned in the manga.
    There is no need for revival.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, you can criticize as much as you like, but the fact is, japanese loved Arrancar arc, so deal with it. The first target for his manga are japanese to begin with, not us.

We're different from japanese, and we tend to over-analyse manga, like actually making absolutely wonderful theories out of nothing only in the end to be literally trolled by Kubo, I mean there's some theories that were made, if Kubo used them, the manga will be perfect, and that's exactly your problem guys : you expect way too much from Kubo. I like Bleach when I read just like that without actually trying to make sense of it. . Fights are good, drawing is good, power-levels a little bit messed up but anyway... SS arc was great in the storytelling of course, but in battles I prefered Arrancar/Fake Karukura arc anyway.

Point is : this stuff is made for Japanese, analysing it is good, but over analysing it and being pissed off because of it is with all my respect stupid. And as long as Bleach makes money, and that some characters are loved by Jap fans like Grimmjow, Hitsugaya... Then be ready to still see them kickin ass.

6. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

I recommend you some Twitter accounts related to shonenjump.

■ Tite Kubo (MANGAKA of BLEACH)
    https://twitter.com/#!/tite_kubo

■Hisashi SASAKI(the editor of shonenjump)
    https://twitter.com/#!/SASAKI_Hisashi

■Kyosuke Usuta(MANGAKA of jaguar)
    https://twitter.com/#!/k_usuta

SASAKI tweet in English but others don`t, maybe you need Google translation to know what is happening to them .[/url]

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

A little update ^_^

There was a small interview with Kubo in a music magazine, seems like proper translation still isn't up.

Credit to Annie and Debbie-chan from BA and bleachness
    The original article can be found here

Quote Quote:
    Sensei in a music magazine talks a bit about Bleach. No complete translations yet from what I've gathered, he mentions the 10 year plan for Bleach, says that in the past 10 years he's learned not to care what people think of his manga anymore and that he's trying to speed up his manga now versus trying to stretch it (!!!) but that it still drags in parts.

Spoiler show

Here's he is with the author of Five, Shiori Furukawa--she drew a pic of Hitsugaya for him and he drew a Five character for her (Koujiro I'm told--I don't know Five)

Spoiler show

Furukawa-san is really cute. She's the one who requested Rukia in Jump's swimsuit spread last year but Kubo picked Orihime because it suited the mangaka Kawashita's style. Here the bday pic she drew for Sensei last year:
    Spoiler show

ex oriente lux

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good that he doesn't care...he might actually start killing characters, so what Byakuya (fan favourite) loses to Tsukishima?

Personally I have always felt that writers should just tell their story and if people like it so be it, you shouldn't compromise quality simply for fan service, unless of course its all for the money lol

The best stories don't involve fan service, they are just told...
    Last edited by cracker; November 08, 2011 at 10:36 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Good that he doesn't care...he might actually start killing characters, so what Byakuya (fan favourite) loses to Tsukishima?
    Yeah he said that he doesn't care (not just here, but in tweets also), but he still tries to improve the "bleach drag" pacing... maybe not because of others, but yeah, that's one of the most criticized things in bleach, so...
    I don't think this arc is so important to have one of main supportive charas dying, IMO it's more important in terms of introducing us to the next arc...
    It sounds weird that he doesn't care, because IMO writer should care about opinions of readers, of course in the end Kubo should decide by himself.
    And he did care in Arrancar arc, which was meant to be much shorter, but japanese just liked arrancars too much.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I meant was...that detachment from readers will allow him to tell the story how it was meant to be told, with sacrifices being made...characters dying etc. Those decisions should made by the writer and not influence by how much a character is liked by the public. Though of course a character shouldn't really die if it doesn't truly serve the plot.

I mean its weird look at the FKT fight, that was shit...not one good character died in the war, there were no causalities not even after a chick got literally cut in half, that was so silly. Oh and I never meant for Byakuya to die against Tsukishima, but theres a bigger chance of him losing if Kubo doesn't factor in public opinion. If Tsukishima serves a bigger purpose he won't lose.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just that sometimes it's good, when an author doesn't care much about reader's opinion, but still it's obvious that in fact he has to worry at least a bit. But still manga is mostly fan servise and it's not only about Bleach, but also about Naruto, One Piece, Reborn and many other mangas. It's quite obvious, cause it's a big buiseness.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Re: [HOT] Interviews with Kubo Tite

With Jump Festa here, we get another Interview and Stage stuff. I'll be updating!!

Just check this post for loooooooooooooots of info~~~ credit is of deathberry.com

Credit to Hatifnatten @ NF

Quote Quote:
    現世に来た死神をこのメンバーにしたのは何故か?→先生「一護と関係が深いキャラ。一護を助けに来るのはコ イツらしかいないだろう!ということで。でも一角だけ出すの迷ったw」

Q: Why are only those Shinigami came to the Real World?

Kubo: Because they are characters who have a strong bond with Ichigo. They must be the ones to come and help Ichigo, no other way around! So that's that. Though I was hesitating about Ikkaku, haha.

「空吾」は一護と対になるように命名された。 月島さんは実は何年も前からキャラは出来ていた。もしかしたら死神として登場してたかも
    "Kuugo" was named as an opposite to Ichigo. Tsukishima was created many years ago. Perhaps he might have appeared as a Shinigami.
    (空吾 Kuugo - One who is empty; 一護 Ichigo - One who is protecting)
    Quote Quote:
    The key to Tsukishima is the sense of isolation.
    The book Tsukishima is reading: ジョージ・キリアンの『アイオーンの帰還』 George Kilian's "Return of the Aeon"
    Aeon is an ancient Greece concept of a man's entire lifespan.

Kilian is based on some real person's name.

In Ginjou's design, appearance came to mind first.
    Kanji "Go" in name Kuugo was made in pair for Ichigo's "Go"

There's no meaning for Tsukishima's name.
    Tsukishima's appearance and name came to mind simultaneously.
    Kubo was originally thinking about a Shinigami "with a beautiful sword".

The captains who came to town all had a connection with Ichigo. About Ikkaku Kubo had his doubts.

Chapters 477 and 478 are Substitute Shinigami Arc climax.
    Spoiler: jp script show

Spoiler: Some pics & stuffs show

Spoiler: Some comments from a Shounen Jump Q&A show
    Last edited by Darjaille; December 18, 2011 at 06:46 PM.

ex oriente lux

16. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [HOT] Interviews with Kubo Tite

What a troll. I had heard that he made Ichigo's Fullbring look ugly on purpose, but seeing proof of him actually saying it is simply hilarious. Way to go, Kubo. I must admit I was one of the guys that were worried.

Very nice pictures too.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    What a troll. I had heard that he made Ichigo's Fullbring look ugly on purpose, but seeing proof of him actually saying it is simply hilarious. Way to go, Kubo. I must admit I was one of the guys that were worried.

Very nice pictures too.
    Yeah, thank God he didn't think we're going to like it It was all for us to miss shini shihakusho~~

Next chapter is the climax of the arc!
    At least
    Let's start the new year with a fresh new awesome arc

ex oriente lux

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Yeah, thank God he didn't think we're going to like it It was all for us to miss shini shihakusho~~

Next chapter is the climax of the arc!
    At least
    Let's start the new year with a fresh new awesome arc
    With a 9 year long arc. He said there would be a short one followed by a long one. Get ready.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast