Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which of the following is overall the strongest?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurosaki Ichigo

54 27.69%
  • Kurosaki Isshin

32 16.41%
  • Ishida Ryuuken

3 1.54%
  • Ichimaru Gin

3 1.54%
  • Tousen Kaname

1 0.51%
  • Hirako Shinji

3 1.54%
  • Aikawa Love

0 0%
  • Outoribashi Rose

0 0%
  • Muguruma Kensei

0 0%
  • Kyouraku Shunsui

12 6.15%
  • Ukitake Jushirou

3 1.54%
  • Unohana Retsu

16 8.21%
  • Urahara Kisuke

31 15.90%
  • Shihouin Yoruichi

2 1.03%
  • Coyote Starrk

4 2.05%
  • Baraggan Luisenbarn

3 1.54%
  • Yammy Riyalgo

0 0%
  • Ulquiorra Cifer

1 0.51%
  • Kuchiki Byakuya

4 2.05%
  • Zaraki Kenpachi

7 3.59%
  • Ushoda Hachigen

0 0%
  • Tsukibashi Tessai

0 0%
  • Other

16 8.21%
New Reply
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: General Character Strength Ranking Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Question General Character Strength Ranking Thread

Many assume that Ichigo beat Zaraki and Byakuya but got owned three times by espadas and therefore SS captains are no match for Ulquiorra and other espadas.
    I, however, don't think this is a true assumption because Ichigo didn't have a clear win against neither Zaraki nor Byakuya.

1- Kenpachi: It seemed like Zaraki sole reason for fighting Ichigo was the satisfaction of fighting against a an opponent stronger than his underlings. Zaraki was basically turned on by the amount of reiatsu radiating from Ichigo....heck, he even let Ichigo slice him a few times to enjoy the feeling of fighting against someone who can actually wound him. And what techniques were used in that fight? Zaraki asked for a one all-reiatsu-out decisive clash and despite Zangetsu lending his power to Ichigo who already has a ridiculously high reiatsu, Zaraki was the last to fall of the two. Had Zaraki not been seeking power clash and fought Ichigo the same way he fought Tousen, Ichigo would've been toast but again thanks to Zaraki's over excitement.

2-Byakuya: Ichigo never beat him. Byakuya let his guard down at the beginning of the fight, then Ichigo was all worn out from blocking ZanponZakura and at the end the still-fresh Shirosaki comes out and delivers a sudden attack at Byakuya. Regardless of all of that, Byakua left the battle ground on his feet while Ichigo couldn't get up. Why did Byakua leave and not finish Ichigo off? maybe because his Zanpakuto was worn out or because he was emotionally worn out from fighting so much against someone who was -after all- trying to protect his sister.

3-Ichigo has to go vizard when fighting espadas but he dosen't when fighting captains: I don't know how many times I have to repeat that Ichigo hasn't learned how to fight with his banaki as good as other experienced captains but he is improving there for sure. Take chapter 279 for example, he went head to head with GJ by using his bankai only and the only reason he pulled his mask was to deflect the king cero shot by GJ. If Ichigo didn't have to protect Orihime and Nell, he could've just dodged cero while in bankai only.

So basically, I believe captains are not weaker than espadas. If someone has different opinion or can add to this then please do let me hear what you guys think.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member yanniv's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are SS captains weaker than espadas?

Ichigo now, compared to how he was in SS, is a huge difference in the way he fights. I would give Ichigo the match hands down in both against Kenpachi and against Byakuya.

I think the current Espada right now could deal out the Captains for the most part. Though I would argue 1st, 8th, and 13th squad captains can hold their own against the Espada.

But there is no doubt in my mind that once Aizen has 10 Vast Lords for his Espada, Soul Society is done for. This is probably where the Vizard will come in, if not before.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member woody_green's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you both. Yes, Yama-jii, Kyoraku and Ukitake can hold their own, but I think the latter's tuberculosis might get the better of him if he fights. But Ichigo not really defeating Byakuya? That is debatable, in my opinion.
    Gotta love chocolate.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they said a Vasto Lorde is stronger than a captain, and an arrancar is stronger than it's hollow base, so that would make the Vasto Lorde Espada stronger than a captain, yes. Although, I imagine an Adjustas is at an SS captain's level. I can see Yamamoto, Kyoraku, and Ukitake all defeating Espada at least around 6-10, maybe even 5. All together, they maybe can beat up to 2nd.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

the most the SS captains can do it take on the adjuchas arankaru. they would not stand a chance against the vastorode arankaru, not even yama-ji. that's as far as they can go, imo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see why you guys have faith in Yamamoto since he have the most powerful and ancient fire based Zanpakotu and he challenged the two most experienced captains at once

I can see why you also have faith in Shunsui and Ukitake because they are the most experienced captains.

But why rule Soi Fong out? she can rival Yoruichi with her speed and her bankai is really powerful...hit an espada twice in the same spot and they will be finished.

And didn't Hitsugaya beat Luppi? why underestimate him now?

Most importantly, why think so little of Zaraki and Byakuya? The blades storm that Tousen shot towards Zaraki wasn't enough to make him even kneel....here is a scary thought..Zaraki coming to good terms with his Zanpakuto. And Byakuya!! He actually left walking after he fought Ichigo...imagine Byakuya using a combination of flash steps and Zanbonzakura at the same (which he didn't do in his fight against Ichigo) ...he will be invincible

Heck even Mayuri can pull tricks if he have enough data about espadas.

About the Vato Lordes, there isn't enough evidence that any of the espadas is a VL ...as a matter of fact, it looks like the power levels between the top dogs is close which explains Noitora's obsession with proving that he's the strongest. I don't know how SS will face the VLs but I am talking about the current espadas. I believe that SS's main problem isn't how powerful the current espadas are but the fact that they are understaffed in the captains department. However, Urahara and Yoruichi are planning on getting involved in the war and we all saw how Urahara was ready to fight Ulquiorra and Yoruichi bitch slapped Yammi without a weapon! We don't really know how powerful Isshin is but Urahara seemed to respect his powers.
    Last edited by Silhouette; July 01, 2007 at 07:51 PM.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

let's look at it this way judging from the fact that Grimmjou arm got cut off by Tousen who isn't exactly the strongest capatain and the fact that Ichigo's skill level is Vice-Captain at best I think we count them out before we have even have seen all they got so let's just wait and see

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tidal_alchemist87's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end, it's really hard to tell how strong the captains are to the espada. We really haven't seen what they're capable of. Yama-ji's shikai for one might be able to take on the lower half of the espada. (Especially if a seated officer like Rukia can kill the 9th espada...) In any case, if the Captains are so weak in front of the espada why wait until the "crumbling treasure" awakens??
    "I intend to live forever or die trying"
    ~Groucho Marx

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member taimoor2's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roxas_strife View Post
    let's look at it this way judging from the fact that Grimmjou arm got cut off by Tousen who isn't exactly the strongest capatain and the fact that Ichigo's skill level is Vice-Captain at best I think we count them out before we have even have seen all they got so let's just wait and see

Ichigi skill level is NOT vice captain level.His act of achieving bankai alone elvates him to captain level let alone defeating kenpachi(with his shikai) and byakkugya. He is definitely an elite captain level at the very LEAST!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, i believe the captains are at same level as the adjucas arancar but would lose to VLs...Didnt hisugaya said the VL is stronger than captains? Maybe Yama would stand up aainst a Vl but the other captains should be able to old their own against the 5-10 espada...Maybe tag team against 1 to 5.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roxas_strife View Post
    Grimmjow's arm only got cut off because Aizen was there to keep Grimmjow in line, and Tousen pulled off a surprise attack. If Aizen hadn't interfered, Tousen would be dead by now. Saying Ichigo is VC level is pretty ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by IchigoSoul View Post
    Well, i believe the captains are at same level as the adjucas arancar but would lose to VLs...Didnt hisugaya said the VL is stronger than captains? Maybe Yama would stand up aainst a Vl but the other captains should be able to old their own against the 5-10 espada...Maybe tag team against 1 to 5.
    He says that Adjucha hollows are captain level. Add to that the arrancarization power boost and they are above average captain level already.

Grimmjow is more or less Ichigo's level. The only captains that could be stronger than Ichigo are Yamamoto, Shunsui, and Ukitake, and it is possible that he is actually stronger than Shunsui and Ukitake already. If espada 6 is stronger than all but 3 or less captains, that's pretty bad for the captains.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tidal_alchemist87's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo bankai is still young, going by Ulquiorra's comment, it's still possible for it to "mature" (not another level of release, just diff techniques) Hitsugaya's bankai, while young like ichigo's was able to fend of a number six (i.e. Luppi) means that the older captains can do still do alot of damage against the espada. On a off note I still believe Unohana's strength is underestimated as Aizen didn't confront even tho she was about to reveal his plans to everyone and the 11th squad (excluding Zaraki and Yachiru) are terrified of her. We still have see how Shinsui and Ukitake compare to the espada let alone Yama-ji.

Again no one's answered my question: "In any case, if the Captains are so weak in front of the espada why wait until the "crumbling treasure" awakens??"
    "I intend to live forever or die trying"
    ~Groucho Marx

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member yanniv's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tidal_alchemist87

Again no one's answered my question: "In any case, if the Captains are so weak in front of the espada why wait until the "crumbling treasure" awakens??"
    Perhaps Aizen wants to have a perfect army rather than one that isn't perfect.

Aizen also factors in help from outside sources (ie. Vizard). He wants to go as powerful as possible.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tidal_alchemist87 View Post
    Ichigo bankai is still young, going by Ulquiorra's comment, it's still possible for it to "mature" (not another level of release, just diff techniques)
    Ulquiorra was commenting on Ichigo's control of his hollow, not his bankai.

Hitsugaya's bankai, while young like ichigo's was able to fend of a number six (i.e. Luppi) means that the older captains can do still do alot of damage against the espada.
    Luppi is not the real number six, I would bet on Grimmjow beating Hitsugaya.

On a off note I still believe Unohana's strength is underestimated as Aizen didn't confront even tho she was about to reveal his plans to everyone and the 11th squad (excluding Zaraki and Yachiru) are terrified of her.
    Aizen definitely wasn't scared of her, he just wanted to retrieve the Hougyoku, and he didn't think that anyone could stop him. He was right. And of course the random 11th squad members were scared of her. They were low seats or not even ranked. Captains are way above their level.

We still have see how Shinsui and Ukitake compare to the espada let alone Yama-ji.
    I am sure they could stand up to the Espada, but I wouldn't bet on the other captains beating anyone higher than 7.

I would say Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin, and Ryuuken are stronger than most of the captains. Then there are Ichigo, Chad, Inoue, and Ishida. And then Shinji, Hiyori, etc. would also help out. Aizen needs an army that can take on EVERYONE, not just Soul Society.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, so far he's pretty much done that, although comparing Ryuken to captains is hard to do, since he's a Quincy, and we haven't seen all that much of his power, although since he defeated those arrancar in one shot, like Isshin, they're probably around the same level. The Vaizard, however, could probably make bitches out of the vast majority of the Espada. I imagine Shinji alone could beat Ulquiorra.

New Reply
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast