Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Devil May Cry Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Devil May Cry Thread

lol yeah Quicksilver was an easy door though. Although that explains your Vergil win lol I use trickster style on Vergil >.>(I wanted to prove I could dodge better than him )

And no Trish isn't a villain anymore. She was in DMC1, but she changed at the end. She's technically a demon so she's superhuman as well. I all the instances where you play her, she always has Sparda's weapons(Force Edge and Luce & Umbra).

Btw, do you think Dante has surpassed his father? Some fans agree some disagree. Technically, Dante has done nearly everything Sparda has at this point lol He beat Mundus(the demon emperor), he closed a portal to the demon world, and he beat the guardians of Temen no Gri. Technically, when he has Force Edge he can turn into Sparda's demon form also lol O_o

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

The Guardians of Temen no Gri? Is that in the anime or in the manga, cause I have't seen or read them, yet. I do think he has surpassed his father when fighting enemies but if he was ever to face his father, I think that would be a different thing. Also hasn't Virgil challenged Mundus at the end scene on DMC3? What happened to him? I heard something like nelo angelo in disguise as Vergil, did he beat Mundus as well? We have to wait for DMC5. Hopefully Dante's father shows an appearance as a playable character, maybe?

Trickster was my favourite style first. But when I reached like, level 15 where you had to fight those angels, you can only attack them once they are half transparent on the ground, it got hard so I used quicksilver. Never was fond of Gunslinger either.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Streifen's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, id like to see dante, vergil and nero on dmc5!.... i still cant get over dmc3 and dmc4..... i still love playing them even though i already finished them, i cant say i mastered the games. i still have lots of things to master before i can say im a good dmc player, look for breatoal, monban, and the other guys in youtube, watch how they kick a** in dmc....

oh, and btw, i think dante already surpassed his father, ive read it somewhere i just cant remember, and its official actually.

its a good thing they made the style switching real time, atleast you dont have to go to the statue just to change styles, i like swordmaster and royal guard best, hahahaha..... you guys check this out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IuKb...e=channel_page

hes prolly the best in using royalguard IMO....

and vergil is nelo angelo... thats why dante got the other half of his pendant when nelo angelo on dmc1... i think vergil failed to defeat mundus and got posessed.....

Credit to : Akasunanosasori

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I still love playing DMC3 the most. Dante just is much coler in this game with his style and funny comments that he makes lol. I still rememebr when he said to Cereberus " come on puppy " lol. A big 3 headed dog like that and he calls him a puppy.

Cool, so he has surpassed his father. You know where it says that? in the DMC official website?

When I watch these vidoes, I can;t compare to these geniuses at the games lol. When I think about it, how the hell can they do that? I bet you there are 2 people playing the game, 1 person controlling the analogue stick and the other one doing the combos. LMAO!
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think i saw it on the official dmc website.... i cant remember.... it was way back when i saw it, loL.... try looking it there, they have dmc1 up to dmc4 there anyway... you can also check out phantombabies.net and devils-lair.org if you like, there are also a lot of dmc fans there..... HARDCORE DMC FANS.... =))

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_X View Post
    The Guardians of Temen no Gri? Is that in the anime or in the manga, cause I have't seen or read them, yet. I do think he has surpassed his father when fighting enemies but if he was ever to face his father, I think that would be a different thing. Also hasn't Virgil challenged Mundus at the end scene on DMC3? What happened to him? I heard something like nelo angelo in disguise as Vergil, did he beat Mundus as well? We have to wait for DMC5. Hopefully Dante's father shows an appearance as a playable character, maybe?
    Temen No Gri si the tower in DMC3 and the Guardians are basically the bosses in DMC3 lol

As for surpassing his father, it was alluded in a few places that he has and arguably, he beat every enemy his father beat including the ultimate one i.e. the King of Demons Mundus.

As for your other question, yes Vergil faced Mundus at the end of DMC3. He loses however and Mundus converts him to the Dark Knight Nelo Angelo which is a boss you fight in DMC. After a few encounters(where Nelo Angelo always runs away because he sees Dante's medallion), we see his face and you defeat him(it's unsure if he dies) and retrieve his part of the amulet to awaken the Force Edge/Sparda to defeat Mundus at the end of DMC.

Btw Sparda IS a playable character(or at least a costume unlockable) in DMC and DMC3 I believe.

And Dante in DMC3 was my favorite version of him as well

One thing that kind of bothers me is how Dante's Devil Trigger keeps changing(and I mean drastically) throughout the games lol Even his basic Devil Trigger with Rebellion isn't constant(he has wings in DMC2 and integrated guns into his arms ).

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I see, must have forgotten the name of the tower lol. Still remmeber, the beginning, when you fight into the shop and after that the tower rises, Dante gets mad cause his shop got wrecked lol.

So Dante would be equal to his father then. Unless we see a face off between them 2, that's a different thing.

Damn, dont know if Virgil is dead. As people have said he may be a part of Nero or something like that, man when will DMC5 come out! Virgil is the only one who is keeping the DMC story alive lol.

No, dont think Sparda is a playable character in DMC3. I atleast know that for a fact. xD

Same, never liked his Devil Trigger. I just used his base level to fight anyone, and if I wanted speed I would use Devil Trigger.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Trish should be like Dante and Vergil's mother, but for some reasons now she an ally.

Speaking of Vergil, I miss him so much, he has some killer combos that kills even Beowulf and Nevan quickly, in a matter of 1, 2 minutes.

And I'll tell you, DMC 3 mission 12 SS is the hardest mission from all the time in any game, at least trying to achieve a no damage rank: the problem is that the devil trigger makes difficult to know if Dante and Vergil were hit or not, then you must fight with the hell vanguard, a lot of sloth (they have so much life >.>) and the horse, not to mention you must be aware from the devil trigger gauge deplenish...

And for DMC 5, I'm sure they will make it, DMC was a good saler for capcom, and this time, possibly they'll include Vergil, he's one of the favorites, I'm sure of that

Well, I think it's implicity that Nero is related to Vergil: his right arm is the same as the Demon Vergil, and Yamato has triggered his first transformation into a demon, not to mention his origin is still a mystery

I'm waiting for a DMC with all the 3 playable characters, plus another good plot to explain everything;
    Last edited by patedecarne; April 23, 2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you might not be able to play as Sparda, but I know there's a Sparda costume for both Dante and Vergil in DMC3.

Dante's Sparda costume is basically how Sparda looks and we already know what his Devil Form looks like.

Also, I supopse there must be a gap between DMC1-2 and DMC4 because last I recall, Yamato wasn't broken, but we didn't see it when Vergil was Nelo Angelo mind you.

Another thing I find odd is that Sparda was said to use Yamato, but it was never commented that he used Rebellion >.>

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Sparda had 3 swords I think. The Force Edge, his main and his strongest sword, which is trapped in the demon world, Arkham(Jester) tried to get it but failed. The Force Edge contain's his power. We should see more of Sparda and his Force Edge in DMC5.

And he had other 2 swords which he gave to his sons.

The Rebellion to Dante and Yamato to Vergil. I think he just prefered to use the Force Edge, then the Yamato more then the Rebellion I guess, he is so cool to have all these powerful weapons. Without these weapons the brothers would be nothing I guess. O.o

Could it be possible that in DMC5 the first half of the game we play as Nero and as the game and the story progresses Nero slowly starts to turn into Vergil? And we slowly get to play as him?

Just like in DMC4 we got to play Nero first, and then the second half of the game we got to play as Dante. Then right at the end of DMC5, Virgil is back! And Nero is trapped. And he is ready for another showdown with Dante in DMC6, and at the end of DMC6 we see Sparda return. Duh duh duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh! Boy oh boy, DMC would be excellent lol and it would be ever going.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think vergil will be back, uhhh..... dmc5, i think will be the continuation of dmc2.... maybe vergil will just appear, but i doubt if he'll be a playable char.... unless capcom still makes another side quest for dante just like dmc4.....

the order is DMC3,1, anime,4, then 2... i think.....

nero is a descendant of sparda, so i think that the rebellion would also react to his arm if it is put in yamatos place in dmc4....

sparda is just a costume in dmc 1 and 3 btw....

oh, btw... i just read something.. and you guys might want to know.....
    Spoiler show

oh, and it came from a very reliable source..... srsly...
    Last edited by Streifen; April 29, 2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

in a new book released nero is virgils son so that means uncle dante .

il find a link if people want.

it been confirmed by capcom it is true.

DMC5 will be shown this year prob at tokyo game show not e3

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyst-gundam View Post
    in a new book released nero is virgils son so that means uncle dante .

il find a link if people want.

it been confirmed by capcom it is true.

DMC5 will be shown this year prob at tokyo game show not e3
    Sources please :/

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html

the novel translated

and about dmc5 il have to scan officail playstation 3 mag sometime

bit more info on the novel

http://devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.php
    Last edited by Hystzen; May 31, 2010 at 11:01 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member One Eyed Sharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

guys, just saw this.. DMC reboot
    Spoiler: NOOOOOOOOO!!! show

trailer di:http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/15/de...reenshot-form/

i flippin hope it's fake

... RIP the awesome Dante

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast